• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Clubs Feedback and News

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Well i think it would be meant to help the smaller clubs and any club that has difficulty increasing activity. I dont think itll hurt anything and will only boost all the clubs though theres always that possibility.

But how do you and can you nominate a small club as a CoTM, if they are... Lacking of activity. I believe the intention of featuring a Club of The Month on the header it's because they have done a great job. Or am I getting these wrong? o_O

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
But how do you and can you nominate a small club as a CoTM, if they are... Lacking of activity. I believe the intention of featuring a Club of The Month on the header it's because they have done a great job. Or am I getting these wrong? o_O

I think it would be kinda both to increase activity of smaller clubs and reward leaders of a club that are trying to make it active even if it is not. Although Quajutsu can say for sure

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Instead of featuring a Club of The Month at the header, I suggest to feature 'Spotlight Club' or 'Recommended Club' up there, exclusively featuring small clubs to reward the combined effort of the owner and that club's members for working so hard.

The term 'CoTM' just cannot be applied to clubs that need push and helps, as it completly contradict the meaning of Club of The Month. Club of The Month were chosen because they are outstanding; not because they need help on promoting. On the contrary these clubs are able to pull them selves up, thus earning that title.

I suggest to simply keep the Club of The Month at a thread, perhaps a sticky thread, a lá GC's Member of The Month.

Years
I like the idea of featuring a club each month. Perhaps the Pokemon Clubs section could have a thread in the Community Announcements section too to bring attention to the section and so more people might stop by who otherwise wouldn't?

Reactions: Sun

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Thank you all for the feedback!

So what I'm going to do is have a Club of the Month AND a Featured Club to have newer/less popular clubs have a chance to take the spotlight. Now I want to talk about voting and rules for Club of the Month. Previously, an owner had to submit one of their clubs for submission, but I think we could be okay with just voting for all clubs, with the exception of ones that had won within the previous year. I also want to discuss what time period we should be taking votes. What do you guys think as far as that?

Years

So what I'm going to do is have a Club of the Month AND a Featured Club to have newer/less popular clubs have a chance to take the spotlight. Now I want to talk about voting and rules for Club of the Month. Previously, an owner had to submit one of their clubs for submission, but I think we could be okay with just voting for all clubs, with the exception of ones that had won within the previous year. I also want to discuss what time period we should be taking votes. What do you guys think as far as that?

I think that is a great idea, it'll help encourage activity within the section as far as I know.

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
Years

That's a great idea! I think the best time to take votes would be the beginning of the month to the end previous to the results being displayed as the featured/spotlight Club. :)

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years

I think thats a great idea and i agree they shouldnt have to submit their clubs as well.
Shouldnt the votes be the last week of each month giving enough time for votes to go in as well as timing it so that it would go in right when you have the results? that seems to be the best timing for it.

VillageofDragons

Years
I think thats a great idea and i agree they shouldnt have to submit their clubs as well.
Shouldnt the votes be the last week of each month giving enough time for votes to go in as well as timing it so that it would go in right when you have the results? that seems to be the best timing for it.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It should be continuously previous to the month in the spotlight, as far as voting goes. :)

Wicked3DS

Years
Given this feedback, I think I'm going to go for voting for the Club of the Month starting with the last 10 days of the month. This would give us enough time to make our decisions about the clubs, but also allow us a little more time to vote. We just need to make sure we are getting enough votes in order to actually do this, so I encourage all of you to participate in the clubs and get a feel for which ones you really like. We'll be starting this next month, so look forward to it!

Wicked3DS

Years
I have a bit of bad news. As you can see, I don't have the Club of the Month thread made yet as I intended to. August got much busier than I intended and I had very little time to work on anything and now I have vacation next week. My intention was to have everything ready and then post it while on vacation, but it seems that's not going to happen. I'm sorry that this happened, but I plan on having it ready in September when I should have a little more time. I'm sorry that this happened, I hope you all understand and I hope I can bring you something good next month!

VillageofDragons

Years
I have a bit of bad news. As you can see, I don't have the Club of the Month thread made yet as I intended to. August got much busier than I intended and I had very little time to work on anything and now I have vacation next week. My intention was to have everything ready and then post it while on vacation, but it seems that's not going to happen. I'm sorry that this happened, but I plan on having it ready in September when I should have a little more time. I'm sorry that this happened, I hope you all understand and I hope I can bring you something good next month!

It's okay, Quajutsu. Take your time and make it great! :)

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Huge thank you for doing this! It's been approved so everyone go vote!

Dude, I thankyou for allowing me to do this as well as approving the thread. Lol
I'm sure Dedenne1 or Nichole are gonna run the show even if I didn't make it. {XD}
Just trying to help and unite the PokéClub section.~

Years
Dude, I thankyou for allowing me to do this as well as approving the thread. Lol
I'm sure Dedenne1 or Nichole are gonna run the show even if I didn't make it. {XD}
Just trying to help and unite the PokéClub section.~

Oh you... but we are pretty active regulars and I've been pleased with the activity as of late. Anyways, still thinking about what to do with voting but what I enjoy about the section is how well the dedicated regulars pitch in and do their bit.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
WHY DID YOU DELETE MY POST HNNNNNNNNG

anyway what is the exact point of the "club of the month" thread? because this is about as subjective as it gets. people aren't gonna vote by how the club is structured, their facilities and stuff, but more because of the types/pokemon they like. and i don't think we need a "_________ of the month" for every freaking thing. this is why nobody's gonna vote for my club lol, no one likes rock-types

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
WHY DID YOU DELETE MY POST HNNNNNNNNG

anyway what is the exact point of the "club of the month" thread? because this is about as subjective as it gets. people aren't gonna vote by how the club is structured, their facilities and stuff, but more because of the types/pokemon they like. and i don't think we need a "_________ of the month" for every freaking thing. this is why nobody's gonna vote for my club lol, no one likes rock-types

It's not limited to certain types. :) There are the other popular clubs like Manga, Puzzle, Shiny Hunter, Breeder's Corner and most of the aforementioned clubs are even more popular/active than any type clubs.

Yes any votes are subjective but still fair (unless corruption is involved), that goes from picking the school picnic location to a country's leader. The easiest thing to do is not vote for any clubs and ignore whoever wins, it isn't even a compulsory event. :)

If you have read the previous posts from this very thread, you should have known why the Club of The Month is brought back. Even I was actually concern about the vote, but I respect the majority so I went with it. ;)

Some popular types among the majority fans aren't active, do you think they can just win like that? {XD} Even if they did, there will be uproars and riots. {XD} Note: Not dissing certain clubs, I'm letting ArmourPearlShipper know that winning clubs aren't base on the popularity of the type, rather than the popularity and activeness of that winning club as well as the club's owner and club members' effort instead.

Back