• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Clubs Feedback and News

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
  • It's not limited to certain types. :) There are the other popular clubs like Manga, Puzzle, Shiny Hunter, Breeder's Corner and most of the aforementioned clubs are even more popular/active than any type clubs.

Yes any votes are subjective but still fair (unless corruption is involved), that goes from picking the school picnic location to a country's leader. The easiest thing to do is not vote for any clubs and ignore whoever wins, it isn't even a compulsory event. :)

If you have read the previous posts from this very thread, you should have known why the Club of The Month is brought back. Even I was actually concern about the vote, but I respect the majority so I went with it. ;)

Some popular types among the majority fans aren't active, do you think they can just win like that? {XD} Even if they did, there will be uproars and riots. {XD} Note: Not dissing certain clubs, I'm letting ArmourPearlShipper (-_-) know that winning clubs aren't base on the popularity of the type, rather than the popularity and activeness of that winning club as well as the club's owner and club members' effort instead.

This is the problem. Why are people joining a club? Because they like the subject of the club. If a club is about Ghost-type Pokemon (JatinGupta's club), he has activity because people are joining his club. Why? Because people like Ghost-types. Why did I join his club? Because I like Ghost-types. (Then again, I joined Hikamaru's water-type club despite the fact that I'm not a big fan of water-types.)
    The opposite happens with, for example, VillageofDragons' Fighting-type club (and to some extent even my Rock-type club). People apparently have a severe bias against fighting-types for some reason, and aren't joining his club. The guy puts a lot of effort in his posts, but only I so far has joined his club. Why?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    This is the problem. Why are people joining a club? Because they like the subject of the club. If a club is about Ghost-type Pokemon (JatinGupta's club), he has activity because people are joining his club. Why? Because people like Ghost-types. Why did I join his club? Because I like Ghost-types. (Then again, I joined Hikamaru's water-type club despite the fact that I'm not a big fan of water-types.)
    The opposite happens with, for example, VillageofDragons' Fighting-type club (and to some extent even my Rock-type club). People apparently have a severe bias against fighting-types for some reason, and aren't joining his club. The guy puts a lot of effort in his posts, but only I so far has joined his club. Why?

You are actually right on that part, they join because the club suits their likes. But let's not mix up the amount of people who joined and active members. Just look at most of the long established yet still active clubs, I estimate around 1/3 to 1/4 members (or even less) are active.

Hanbei and Nichole, definitely no offense to you two. Dragon and Fairy are the most popular types nowadays, can you explain to me why they are those clubs nearly inactive despite the owners constant efforts to push their clubs? At the end of the day, it's really up to the active members rather than a simple bias.~

*Whispers to you* The Club section isn't that active, I have to whip myself in order to push my club, do you really think our clubs are simply going to attract members by their types? I think not. Nowadays, the whole PC gets busy whenever there's a new game.~ PC was more active before around Gen IV era, that actually includes our Club Section. People nowadays are into a lot of different things, that why it's too dried up.

Nichole's Water-type Club was suffering quiet responses before as well, so as my other Clubs. ;) If your club isn't active, then just keep on pushing the great effort, there's no need to get mad over a vote.~

Edit:
    Look at these now defunct clubs.
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=307178 (Former Rock-type Club)
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=197038 (Older Rock-type Club, during the Gen IV era)

I'm not sure if those clubs have ever won Club of The Month, but one thing's for sure -- they were quite active, more so than the current Water-type club at that time and its direct predecessor Water-type Club. Water-type is obviously one of those popular types.

So you can't just simply say everyone's going to be biased like that. It's unfair for the other club owners, we are also working our butts off we didn't rely on the type itself.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Unapologetic brings up some strong points here, a club's activity is not based on personal bias but rather the effort put into it by owners and activity of the members who join it. Look at my Fairy-type club, it had suffered a slump in activity since I took over from its previous owner and I had been trying hard to get activity up.

My Water-type club on the other hand has more consistent activity but then again the one who owned the club before me (yes that's you Unapologetic) helped me transition well, and with the huge number of Water-type Pokemon there's lots of potential in the club itself.

But I can see the point here, type clubs have been getting overshadowed by the likes of the puzzle, manga and Breeder's Corner clubs lately so we just need to put more effort in that's all. If you want your club to get heard, you can actually now request your threads to get promoted on PC's social media through a new thread in Community Announcements.

Reactions: Sun

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • You are actually right on that part, they join because the club suits their likes. But let's not mix up the amount of people who joined and active members. Just look at most of the long established yet still active clubs, I estimate around 1/3 to 1/4 members (or even less) are active.

Hanbei and Nichole, definitely no offense to you two. Dragon and Fairy are the most popular types nowadays, can you explain to me why they are those clubs nearly inactive despite the owners constant efforts to push their clubs? At the end of the day, it's really up to the active members rather than a simple bias.~

*Whispers to you* The Club section isn't that active, I have to whip myself in order to push my club, do you really think our clubs are simply going to attract members by their types? I think not. Nowadays, the whole PC gets busy whenever there's a new game.~ PC was more active before around Gen IV era, that actually includes our Club Section. People nowadays are into a lot of different things, that why it's too dried up.

Nichole's Water-type Club was suffering quiet responses before as well, so as my other Clubs. ;) If your club isn't active, then just keep on pushing the great effort, there's no need to get mad over a vote.~

Edit:
    Look at these now defunct clubs.
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=307178 (Former Rock-type Club)
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=197038 (Older Rock-type Club, during the Gen IV era)

I'm not sure if those clubs have ever won Club of The Month, but one thing's for sure -- they were quite active, more so than the current Water-type club at that time and its direct predecessor Water-type Club. Water-type is obviously one of those popular types.

So you can't just simply say everyone's going to be biased like that. It's unfair for the other club owners, we are also working our butts off we didn't rely on the type itself.

Why are you calling a club that got 43 posts in 6 months active. And it only had 8 members. 8. Like compare that to many other clubs (Ghost, Water) which have 15+.
    You also mentioned that PC was more active in Gen IV, hence why that club had 7 pages. And even that club only has 12 members lol.

The thing is that people are indeed biased against other types hence why VillageofDragons' club (as well as mine to an extent) can't get members. A club being selected as a Club of the Month despite having poor activity would be ridiculous even when the owner puts a huge amount of effort in his posts and taking care of the club. Especially VoD where NOBODY bar me has even bothered to at least appreciate his effort and join the club. Why? Because people have a bias against fighting-types. Like fksdkfksd wtf's wrong with them???

Also I'm seriously struggling to keep that rock-type club alive, I have only 4 members and only VoD posts regularly. Like I'm not trying to get members but it's annoying to see how people don't join the club because they don't like rock-types, while other types have much more activity. At least the water-type club had a lot more activity when it was created.

As for the manga thread, well that's another discussion. I personally don't read the pokemon manga nor do I have any plans in the near future to read it, so for now I have no reason to join this club. But the Fighting/Rock-type matter is much more different, as I expect everyone here to have used one of these at least once.

This is probably the strongest argument why I see no reason for the "Club of the Month" thing to even exist.

Last edited:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    LOL calling a club that got 43 posts in 6 months active. And it only had 8 members. 8. Like compare that to many other clubs (Ghost, Water) which have 15+.
    You also mentioned that PC was more active in Gen IV, hence why that club had 7 pages. And even that club only has 12 members lol.

The thing is that people are indeed biased against other types hence why VillageofDragons' club (as well as mine to an extent) can't get members. A club being selected as a Club of the Month despite having poor activity would be ridiculous even when the owner puts a huge amount of effort in his posts and taking care of the club. Especially VoD where NOBODY bar me has even bothered to at least appreciate his effort and join the club. Why? Because people have a bias against fighting-types. Like fksdkfksd wtf's wrong with them???

Also I'm seriously struggling to keep that rock-type club alive, I have only 4 members and only VoD posts regularly. Like I'm not trying to get members but it's annoying to see how people don't join the club because they don't like rock-types, while other types have much more activity. At least the water-type club had a lot more activity when it was created.

As for the manga thread, well that's another discussion. I personally don't read the pokemon manga nor do I have any plans in the near future to read it, so for now I have no reason to join this club. But the Fighting/Rock-type matter is much more different, as I expect everyone here to have used one of these at least once.

This is probably the strongest argument why I see no reason for the "Club of the Month" thing to even exist.
    Of course it is considered active given how Pokémon Club is lacking of activity compare to the other section. If you are expecting 100 posts a month then you are setting the bar too high. {XD} I've search the previous statics of Fighting-types Club, I didn't post it as I don't want to feel like dragging VillageofDragon for no real reason.

You are again focusing on the quantity of the members. I have said it once and I'll say it for the last time the amount of members =/= active members. If you have a club with one thousand members and 999 of them aren't showing, that club isn't active, if you have a club with 2 members and everyone is on then that club is active.

If you are struggling then keep up a positive attitude! Do you seriously think the so-called popular type club owners didn't work their butt off? On the contrary we did a lot of hardwork, please do not rub away our efforts; none of us relied on the popularity of our types. Those effort, sweat and tears we gave to our club is more than what you see. We're trying our very best to boost and promote our clubs!

My Psychic-type's condition was actually worst than your Club's condition upon establishment. There was a time it was too quiet, so quiet that I really wanted to kick the bucket until I gave more than I could just to make the Club alive. While not the best Club, thanks to the current active members of my Club is at least sort of active nowdays. :)

Mind you, there are at least 2 popular-type clubs that are running dry. The key is how to make a club alive, popularity is just secondary.

It's not different, we are all under the same roof that is called the Pokémon Club forums. They are in fact part of the voting if you aren't aware. I personally think that they are even the potential winners because of their steady flow. {XD}

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Of course it is considered active given how Pokémon Club is lacking of activity compare to the other section. If you are expecting 100 posts a month then you are setting the bar too high. {XD} I've search the previous statics of Fighting-types Club, I didn't post it as I don't want to feel like dragging VillageofDragon for no real reason.

You are again focusing on the quantity of the members. I have said it once and I'll say it for the last time the amount of members =/= active members. If you have a club with one thousand members and 999 of them aren't showing, that club isn't active, if you have a club with 2 members and everyone is on then that club is active.

If you are struggling then keep up a positive attitude! Do you seriously think the so-called popular type club owners didn't work their butt off? On the contrary we did a lot of hardwork, please do not rub away our efforts; none of us relied on the popularity of our types. Those effort, sweat and tears we gave to our club is more than what you see. We're trying our very best to boost and promote our clubs!

My Psychic-type's condition was actually worst than your Club's condition upon establishment. There was a time it was too quiet, so quiet that I really wanted to kick the bucket until I gave more than I could just to make the Club alive. While not the best Club, thanks to the current active members of my Club is at least sort of active nowdays. :)

Mind you, there are at least 2 popular-type clubs that are running dry. The key is how to make a club alive, popularity is just secondary.

It's not different, we are all under the same roof that is called the Pokémon Club forums. They are in fact part of the voting if you aren't aware. I personally think that they are even the potential winners because of their steady flow. {XD}

I'm not expecting 100 posts a month but I think something such as 35-40 is more reasonable. Not 25 with me being forced to bump the thread twice.

The quantity of members actually helps to show how much the subject of the club is liked. When you only get 4 members in a month and two weeks you've got problems. And even if your statement is true, I only have one active member, VillageofDragons. And even he didn't answer my last question (the Aurorus one).

No way, I do think club owners work hard to maintain their clubs. But AGAIN, why do people join other clubs, that feature types they like, and they forget about VoD's club? It's that simple, they don't like Fighting-types that much compared to the other types. Despite VoD's effort, since the world is unfair nobody joins his club.

At least you had 2 pages over the course of a month when I had like 20 posts lol. Also I did notify your Flying-type club hasn't had much activity, because people don't like flying-types. But you still have more members (8 compared to 4).

Like I get that the effort the owner makes matters the most but popularity also plays a big factor. The number of the members, their activity and stuff. In fact I am starting to think that the more effort you put into your club the less activity you get. VoD's club is proof of that.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Why are you calling a club that got 43 posts in 6 months active. And it only had 8 members. 8. Like compare that to many other clubs (Ghost, Water) which have 15+.
    id jsut like to drop in on this here basically although the club doesnt have that many members is not the definition of an active club thats being referred to rather the owner in the club keeps the club as active as possible with the amount of members and interest it has.

Your focusing too much on the individual members of the club the point of the club of the month is to reward the owner of the club on how hard they tried especially when they have a club with only 4 members or fewer that hardly post. I like VillageofDragons club i havent honestly noticed it as US said he doesnt wanna drag him on but i rather still join and try to keep it active perhaps if we all tried it could stay active.

Perhaps you should just focus on keeping the club alive and getting new members and the difference between people like you and me not reading the poke manga or having the interest in it and people not liking rock types doesnt seem all that different in my opinion.

The water type club if you didnt look wasnt all that active cause people love water types rather from what i saw the owner tried really hard to keep the interest level high and the topics going. Dark types are a pretty popular type but still i had a lot of members but not so many active so i made a pokemon of the week went into a ton of detail looked up questions and eventually even learned some css to make sure the club stays alive, owners really work hard to keep the clubs alive and to keep things interesting hence why clubs like the dragon type club and the water club is still alive.

If you do have a problem with the Club of the Month and dont see a point to it dont vote, this was already discussed alot and the majority of people seem to like it, and the major point in it is kinda to show what owners are really trying hard and as said above reward that it also gives members of clubs who arent owners themselves some chance to weigh in on which clubs are doing good and which should be trying more.

I hope that the club of the month is a success, its better than the old system in my opinion where any club could have it provided they ask and the coding itself is well done and ill end on thanking US for hosting it and good luck to all clubs on winning the August CoTM!

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I'm not expecting 100 posts a month but I think something such as 35-40 is more reasonable. Not 25 with me being forced to bump the thread twice.

The quantity of members actually helps to show how much the subject of the club is liked. When you only get 4 members in a month and two weeks you've got problems. And even if your statement is true, I only have one active member, VillageofDragons. And even he didn't answer my last question (the Aurorus one).

No way, I do think club owners work hard to maintain their clubs. But AGAIN, why do people join other clubs, that feature types they like, and they forget about VoD's club? It's that simple, they don't like Fighting-types that much compared to the other types. Despite VoD's effort, since the world is unfair nobody joins his club.

At least you had 2 pages over the course of a month when I had like 20 posts lol. Also I did notify your Flying-type club hasn't had much activity, because people don't like flying-types. But you still have more members (8 compared to 4).

Like I get that the effort the owner makes matters the most but popularity also plays a big factor. The number of the members, their activity and stuff. In fact I am starting to think that the more effort you put into your club the less activity you get. VoD's club is proof of that.

In my opinion, 35-40 is actually too high considering the forum and Club section's activeness nowadays. 20 is what I set to my clubs.

He probably didn't see it. Lmao Promote your club more, as Nichole says earlier PC is helping to promote the threads nowadays. Please make use of that opportunity to promote your club, try to engage your members to discuss a topic rather than simply having them reply a topic.~

Nah, that's not the downfall of the Flying-type. It was actually more active than Psychic-type Club before I focused on the then dying Psychic-type Club. It really shows the effort and responsibilty of the owner is vital than popularity. Not to mention most of the Flying-type Club members aren't active on PC. Just look at Joey, my latest applicant from the Flying-type Club who happens to be the owner of the famous Breeder's Corner, he wasn't aware of the club's existence. Why? Because I wasn't giving my hardest effort to promote the Flying-type Club. I gave my Grass-type Club a little push last week and I got a new member. At the end of the day it depends on how much and how you promote the club.

Really? I see my Psychic-type Club members are enjoying the campaign I applied for the club. People wouldn't give a sh-- about it when the Psychic-type was blank and bland before. {XD} You need a positive outlook to attract more members. :) Try to thing fun and innovative ways to promote your club, a simple bump and yelling biased wouldn't help. We'll see what we can do for both clubs. :)

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • I'm not trying to beg for more members or complain! I was just trying to argue why this "Club of the Month" thread is not a good idea. Maybe I went a little too far, but activity is surely a good reason for a club to win this award. And I explained what's the problem with this.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I'm not trying to beg for more members or complain! I was just trying to argue why this "Club of the Month" thread is not a good idea. Maybe I went a little too far, but activity is surely a good reason for a club to win this award. And I explained what's the problem with this.

According to voting archives I've seen, Clubs are chosen because:
    - The Club's active rate;
    - Owner and club members' efforts.

It's no different this time, we want to praise the Club of The Month through public votings, so that everything is done fair and square and widely acknowleged.

I personally see the voting for this month as water test, we can slowly refined the voting by adding categories. :)

You can actually suggest how to make the votings more fair and such. :) As long as it's applicable, I believe Quajutsu is going to make a deep consideration whether or not to accept the feedback and apply it!

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • According to voting archives I've seen, Clubs are chosen because:
    - The Club's active rate;
    - Owner and club members' efforts.

It's no different this time, we want to praise the Club of The Month through public votings, so that everything is done fair and square and widely acknowleged.

I personally see the voting for this month as water test, we can slowly refined the voting by adding categories. :)

You can actually suggest how to make the votings more fair and such. :) As long as it's applicable, I believe Quajutsu is going to make a deep consideration whether or not to accept the feedback and apply it!

Like I get that you want to showcase good clubs but this is as biased as it gets. It depends too much on popularity. I can make a club and work all day at it, if people aren't gonna join what have I accomplished? I personally thought Rock-types are fairly popular, and I didn't see any club so I decided to make one. Man this proved me all wrong. How can you have a good club when it's not getting activity? Creating fun campaigns isn't gonna solve the problem in the long run, people can post for the first two or three activities, but then you know the rest.

Oh yeah and Quajutsu does the same thing in his clubs and gets responses, because the subject of the clubs are popular. Why? Because they like those types. Why does nobody join my Rock-type club? Because nobody likes Rock-types.

And right now the best thing I can suggest about the votings, is to not hold them. I guess you can maybe add categories to who is the most active poster, who is the unluckiest club owner (looking at you VoD), who is the most dedicate owner and so on. But the best thing is to not hold them. For this subforum's own good.

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
    Years
  • I'd have to agree with AmourPearlShipper; the fact of the matter is that some of the clubs that are already really active are more likely to make it as the CoTM rather than one that's not as active and popular. This only means that over time those clubs will probably be picked first, and the latter clubs later. I believe what AmourPearlShipper is trying to get across, and what I'm trying to get across, is that the people who are in said clubs are the most likeliest to vote, and hence why would they vote over a club they're not a part of, then one they are?? Hence making the already active, popular clubs more active and popular than they need to be.

Now a couple pages back I WILL note you guys mentioned having two separate things. One of them as CoTM, and one to recognize clubs that are new and don't have many members, but are making a good effort. I can't remember exactly how one of you worded it, but if you look on page 2 or 1 of this thread you'll find it. If I get a chance I will quote it too. If a secondary thing like that is made then I'd be happy and have no problem with anything else. But right now it looks like CoTM is the only thing on the roll, and that other idea is not being used and being lead to waste. For that reason, I have to say we could do more with this. I am not satisfied. :/

Here, found what I was looking for:

Unapologetic Sunflower

Instead of featuring a Club of The Month at the header, I suggest to feature 'Spotlight Club' or 'Recommended Club' up there, exclusively featuring small clubs to reward the combined effort of the owner and that club's members for working so hard.

The term 'CoTM' just cannot be applied to clubs that need push and helps, as it completly contradict the meaning of Club of The Month. Club of The Month were chosen because they are outstanding; not because they need help on promoting. On the contrary these clubs are able to pull them selves up, thus earning that title.

I suggest to simply keep the Club of The Month at a thread, perhaps a sticky thread, a lá GC's Member of The Month.

Quajutsu

Thank you all for the feedback!

So what I'm going to do is have a Club of the Month AND a Featured Club to have newer/less popular clubs have a chance to take the spotlight. Now I want to talk about voting and rules for Club of the Month. Previously, an owner had to submit one of their clubs for submission, but I think we could be okay with just voting for all clubs, with the exception of ones that had won within the previous year. I also want to discuss what time period we should be taking votes. What do you guys think as far as that?

Now, this is a post I particularly like by Quajutsu and US, except now it seems like CoTM is on the roll and Featured/Spotlight Club is putting laid to waste, with no more plans on furthering it. Honestly that's like a slap to the face to people like AmourPearlShipper, I, and others as well. However, if said Featured/Spotlight Club is continued then I'd have no further discussion to put here. I suggest making a separate thread for Featured Club of The Month among these stickies. The person who should make it is Quajutsu. I don't see a thread for that though, and right now it seems like giving it to The Puzzle League was a one-deal thing, and that it will not be continued. And that is the part of it that is not sitting right for me. :/

Now, I know you're probably thinking, "VoD, why make a separate stickied thread just for Featured Clubs, even if people don't vote on it??" Well, a separate thread should be made for Featured CoTM so people can discuss said clubs, as well as the person who makes it announces the Featured CoTM each time we get a new one. :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • This is all making me feel a bit awkward at the moment and as part of the point was to attract new owners and members to the section I feel as if this would put them off instead!

I think emblems have been discussed before and wonder if they could be introduced? For example you get an emblem for owning an active club for a certain amount of time and one for each club you're active in for a determined time or contribution. I know you can list what clubs you're in on your profile but emblems would be a fun way to show off your love for a particular subject!

I'm not saying we should scrap CotM, this could be in addition to. But a suggestion for CotM voting, maybe a poll would be better?

VillageofDragons

Years
  • This is all making me feel a bit awkward at the moment and as part of the point was to attract new owners and members to the section I feel as if this would put them off instead!

I think emblems have been discussed before and wonder if they could be introduced? For example you get an emblem for owning an active club for a certain amount of time and one for each club you're active in for a determined time or contribution. I know you can list what clubs you're in on your profile but emblems would be a fun way to show off your love for a particular subject!

I'm not saying we should scrap CotM, this could be in addition to. But a suggestion for CotM voting, maybe a poll would be better?

Omg, emblems would be so awesome! They could be displayed by our usernames or under them wherever we post too to help advertise said clubs! Great idea, buddy! :)

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Now, this is a post I particularly like by Quajutsu and US, except now it seems like CoTM is on the roll and Featured/Spotlight Club is putting laid to waste, with no more plans on furthering it. Honestly that's like a slap to the face to people like AmourPearlShipper, I, and others as well. However, if said Featured/Spotlight Club is continued then I'd have no further discussion to put here. I suggest making a separate thread for Featured Club of The Month among these stickies. The person who should make it is Quajutsu. I don't see a thread for that though, and right now it seems like giving it to The Puzzle League was a one-deal thing, and that it will not be continued. And that is the part of it that is not sitting right for me. :/

Now, I know you're probably thinking, "VoD, why make a separate stickied thread just for Featured Clubs, even if people don't vote on it??" Well, a separate thread should be made for Featured CoTM so people can discuss said clubs, as well as the person who makes it announces the Featured CoTM each time we get a new one. :)
    The definition and the picking method of Featured Club (FC) hasn't been officially discussed yet. Though I personally believe it's Quatjutsu who makes the whole and sole professional decision which club to be featured in order to give that feature club a push. I'm actually aupportive if that, since I was the one who brought it up. Lol

But I did not bring up FC as ArmourPearlShipper's concern was the Club of The Month to begin with. I'm actually waiting for things regarding FC, like who are the ones to choose it and black-and-white definition/qualification for a club to be FC.

Since this is a Feedback Thread, why don't we all write down our suggestions for FC, so that Alex can have a look and give them deep thoughts?

Here's my primary suggestion:
    - Only clubs with certain low amount to no activity rate can be featured.
    - Rather than choosing it by voting public (a la CoTM), FC should be determined by a serious deliberation.
    - FC can not be featured in row, means if ABC Club is featured this month then ABC Club can not be featured this month; there are other clubs that need help as well!
    - FC can be only those Club Owners who are constantly trying their efforts to push their clubs like ArmourPearlShipper, VillageofDragon's Clubs. This can be a controversy as it's a subjective thing with no black-and-white definition. But I suggested this part only as a counter measure for people who's gonna take advantage of FC.

This is all making me feel a bit awkward at the moment and as part of the point was to attract new owners and members to the section I feel as if this would put them off instead!

I have no problem with Emblems. :)

There are a lot of clubs out there, is it really necessary to make Quajutsu do that every month and what if someone accidentally voted a club by mistake? (That tends to happen with poll threads) XD
    The current public voting format is taken from long ago. When CoTM was available under Ozzy and Olli, the voters had to send their votes to the mods, which can be hectic imo.

Perhaps we can introduce a point system, akin to the current Fighting-type Club's point system? For example 50 points for setting up a club, 10 points for every new member, 5 points for every reply, 25 points for an event (Points aren't individual scores, but a Club's score.) Naturally, the club with the highest point of the month becomes Club of The Month? Sounds hectic and can give certain clubs disadvantage, but at least nothing subjective or biased and maybe fun?

Last edited:

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
  • The definition and the picking method of Featured Club (FC) hasn't been officially discussed yet. Though I personally believe it's Quatjutsu who makes the whole and sole professional decision which club to be featured in order to give that feature club a push. I'm actually aupportive if that, since I was the one who brought it up. Lol

But I did not bring up FC as ArmourPearlShipper's concern was the Club of The Month to begin with. I'm actually waiting for things regarding FC, like who are the ones to choose it and black-and-white definition/qualification for a club to be FC.

Since this is a Feedback Thread, why don't we all write down our suggestions for FC, so that Alex can have a look and give them deep thoughts?

- Rather than choosing it by voting public (a la CoTM), FC should be determined by a serious deliberation.
    - FC can not be featured in row, means if ABC Club is featured this month then ABC Club can not be featured this month; there are other clubs that need help as well!
    - FC can be only those Club Owners who are constantly trying their efforts to push their clubs like ArmourPearlShipper, VillageofDragon's Clubs. This can be a controversy as it's a subjective thing with no black-and-white definition. But I suggested this part only as a counter measure for people who's gonna take advantage of FC.

I have no problem with Emblems. :)

There are a lot of clubs out there, is it really necessary to make Quajutsu do that every month and what if someone accidentally voted a club by mistake? (That tends to happen with poll threads) XD
    The current public voting format is taken from long ago. When CoTM was available under Ozzy and Olli, the voters had to send their votes to the mods, which can be hectic imo.

Perhaps we can introduce a point system, akin to the current Fighting-type Club's point system? For example 50 points for setting up a club, 10 points for every new member, 5 points for every reply, 25 points for an event (Points aren't individual scores, but a Club's score.) Naturally, the club with the highest point of the month becomes Club of The Month? Sounds hectic and can give certain clubs disadvatage, but at least nothing subjective or biased and maybe fun?

You really took my words :D FC for Club Owners who are trying their efforts to push their clubs will be work well, but if only struggling clubs are featured then there will be automatically result in downfall of other clubs so there is an alternate we can do is that All Clubs will be featured at least one time(We can give more preference to struggling clubs and make them featured more times)as it will maintain some ratio(at least at some point)
    Point System? it may be work but it would create competition in the clubs.......

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    You really took my words :D FC for Club Owners who are trying their efforts to push their clubs will be work well, but if only struggling clubs are featured then there will be automatically result in downfall of other clubs so there is an alternate we can do is that All Clubs will be featured at least one time(We can give more preference to struggling clubs and make them featured more times)as it will maintain some ratio(at least at some point)
    Point System? it may be work but it would create competition in the clubs.......

Ah FC is for Clubs that need help, while CoTM for those clubs who have done exceptionally well to get that title.

Yeah, I guess there are two sides of everything huh? The reason why I Suggested point system is to unite a club and increase this section's activity. But of course it has to be a healthy competition! Members should also be awarded, like having personal points, so that it won't feel like they are only replying for the club's sake.

VillageofDragons

Years
  • A points system for clubs in general would be a good idea, so long as it's healthy and friendly like JatinGupta said. I'm all for that, as well as Emblems. Anything to promote the Clubs section of this forum. I honestly agree with pretty much all you've posted in this thread, US. I'm also just waiting to see how FC will be handled from here on out, as it helps balance things. As long as everything is balanced between the clubs then all is well. :)

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Alex seems to be a bit too busy lately. But we'll see what he's gotta say about:
    - a detailed discussion on Featured Clubs
    - refining the current Club of The Month system.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Wow, there's quite a discussion going on here, let me add my two cents.

Leading a club takes a lot of time and effort. I can't say the first glance at the club is deniable, in fact it's mainly what gets people to join the club or not, but that's not just the topic, some sparkling CSS can suddenly make it look a lot more appealing. It's mentioned already, numbers don't say anything in the case of members! The PMD club for example has thirty members, but many of which only signed up and it has just over twenty posts over the last two months, while only a few other people can suffice for some decent conversation.

Breaking down an event after it has started seems like the worst idea ever to gain popularity to the section, certainly when many people do show interest in it. I really like the idea, although I'm not sure whether I should vote in it. I'm not in enough active clubs to give a weighed vote.

I don't think you want to limit yourself to rules regarding featured clubs. I think the featured clubs should be those that are either new, not very active or have a special event started. Being featured for a month is pretty long, a shorter time will probably work better so the featured clubs can rotate around more, which ends in more clubs being given the attention they might need. Also, why keeping the featured club limited to one at the time? I don't see why not two if two can use it.

Perhaps we can introduce a point system, akin to the current Fighting-type Club's point system? For example 50 points for setting up a club, 10 points for every new member, 5 points for every reply, 25 points for an event (Points aren't individual scores, but a Club's score.) Naturally, the club with the highest point of the month becomes Club of The Month? Sounds hectic and can give certain clubs disadvatage, but at least nothing subjective or biased and maybe fun?

I think I disagree to this. First of all numbers don't say everything, as I've pointed out earlier. Secondly, it's hard to compare old and new clubs. If you want to count points from the club's start, old clubs have can have a huge headstart in comparison to newer clubs. If not, a new club has the advantage nobody has joined yet and a fresh start that makes it easier to maintain; you don't have problems like running out of topics yet.
    Maybe some modifications can make it work however.

Also, I support the idea of emblems. Emblems always seem good ways to attract attention.

Back