• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
  • Personally, I will be quite sad if Blaziken is left as the only starter from Gen 3 to get a MegaEvolution, thus I hope that at the very least, Swampert and Sceptile get one. Beyond that, I would be okay with more added Megas that are Hoenn-native. MegaMetagross would probably be overpowered, but I wouldn't question its addition.

Now, as for X/Y compatibility if this were to happen, I have heard that they announced no DLC, but seriously, they could decide to make some anyway if OR/AS added Megas, which I would love anyway, so it is a win/win.

EDIT: Also, Steven had better get a MegaAggron at some point. XD

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I really hope for Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert too. Pokemon seemed kind of... symmetrical in the way that they did things in the past (etc always 2 games at a time, 2 box legendaries, 1 +1 legendary to complete the trio, etc) and it just seemed odd that only 1 out of the Hoenn starter trio would get a mega.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • The image i posted is fake, I just found the Japanese logos, and they are drastically different (compare above):
    Pok%C3%A9mon_Omega_Ruby_JP_logo.png

Pok%C3%A9mon_Alpha_Sapphire_JP_logo.png

...but it's nice to speculate. xD
    A Rayquaza fusion with Groudon and Kyogre is cool, but also weird and a little OP. Maybe they'll get Mega Evolutions. I also hope that Swampert and Sceptile get Mega Evolutions, and Sceptile/Mega Sceptile becomes Grass/Dark, considering I thought he was part Dark for quite some time. I'm also sure we'll get the Lati mega stones in these games. They'll probably be holding it when you catch them, or you get it in some new area, which the respective Lati might run off to like the legendary birds in X/Y as opposed to the old style of roaming Pokemon.

I like the box art for both games also. Groudon and Kyogre's redesigns are pretty awesome. Wonder if this says anything? Some sort of new power apart from Mega Evolutions? An "overdrive mode" like Black/White Kyurem? Or just a beastly cool new look? Maybe Rayquaza got a redesign as well?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm not 100%, but out of pure speculation after seeing the box art I think that Groudon and Kyogre may have mega forms, as well as Latias and Latios (like the leaks have been showing us). ^_^

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    I want to see a Mega Flygon, that thing was loved by many in Gen 3, with such a cool design and awesome typing. Hopefully a mega evo brings it up and surpasses the other 600 BST dragons in usefulness.

A part of me wants a Mega Salamence, just so I can wreck shop and reign havoc on all.

Nurse Joy

Would you like to rest your Pokémon?
    Years
  • Ooh, I bet the Red and Blue Orbs are actually Groudon & Kyogre's Mega Stones!! 8O

But there will certainly be a few more Mega evolutions -- definitely Lati@s. They haven't been confirmed officially, but the data exists in the games. They'll probably give megas to Sceptile and Swampert, too. Why would they leave them out?

Hopefully they give one to Delcatty!

Maybe also these:

Swellow
    Breloom
    Exploud
    Sableye
    Sharpedo?
    Wailord?
    Camerupt!
    Flygon!

For starters, at least. But even this list is too many XD

Last edited:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I'm so jaded to Mega evolutions. If anything, I pray they're limited to the starters and maybe Kyogre and Groudon, as some sort of in-game battle thing. You know, the Red and Blue Orbs are actually Megastones and they transform to battle Maxie/Archie/the new Aqua & Magma leaders once in the game or something like that. I kind of dislike Mega evolutions now and I believe it should be contained to Kalos/XY.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • The only new Mega Evolutions I can see present in ORAS are the Latis, because they were encoded in XY's data, meaning the addition of Mega Sceptile, Mega Swampert, Mega Groudon, Mega Kyogre, and Mega Rayquaza would have to be restricted to only copies of ORAS, since they're weren't encoded in XY's data, and we don't want to happen do we.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • The only new Mega Evolutions I can see present in ORAS are the Latis, because they were encoded in XY's data, meaning the addition of Mega Sceptile, Mega Swampert, Mega Groudon, Mega Kyogre, and Mega Rayquaza would have to be restricted to only copies of ORAS, since they're weren't encoded in XY's data, and we don't want to happen do we.

The difference now is that they can patch 3DS games to include new data, so in theory it could still happen.

What I don't understand about this trademark list that's going around is A. how Jynx is on that list when it wasn't in the original RSE (not that it means anything for purposes of a remake, but it still is very strange) and B. why Swampert would be the only one not getting a Mega Evo from the starters (again, that could change, but it's odd).

However, I do think there will be plenty of Mega Evolutions introduced. I would like to see Flygon get one along with Salamence. Maybe I favor the dragons a bit too much but I think they'd be awesome.

The other Hoenn starters of course. I'm also going to go out on a limb and say the Johto ones as well, as at the end of Emerald you got your choice of a Johto starter, and Gen 3 was crawling with Johto starters if we're counting Colo/XD.

I think Kyogre and Groudon Mega-Evos are pretty much confirmed by looking at the box art, so Rayquaza is a natural choice as well.

I'd love to see Sharpedo, Torkoal, Kecleon, Swellow, Sableye, Claydol, Altaria, Ludicolo, Walrein, and maybe Pelipper megas. Pelipper would be funny, I think.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Yeah I think the Johto starters may get some Megas too for the same reason as mentioned by Deo.

I wonder if Sceptile and Swampert will get two megas or one...If Sceptile gets two it should pull a Charizard. Or one should be Grass/Dark and the other Grass/Dragon.

Years
  • Something else that could be possible is like in emerald, once you complete your Hoenn dex you could get a Johto Starter with a possible Mega stone attached to each one of them.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Yeah, it'll be perfect!
    Unless they decide to shift it in which Norman gives us the Johto starter once we get to Petalburg City (or after we return from Rustboro and head south)

PSNGhost

God-Emperor
    Years
  • The trailer almost seems to imply a sequel more than a remake, maybe somewhere between?

Anyways, on topic: Yes! There better be, at least. And I've seen it said again and again, but sceptile and swampert totally. Also breloom and exploud might be awesome, maybe even mega milotic? so much awesomeness to be had, can't wait.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back