• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Thrown into the world of pokemon

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
  • Imagine you were just thrown into the world of pokemon, what would do? Freak out? Look for Pokemon? Become a trainer?

Years
  • I would rejoice. I would probably have a better life in the Pokemon world, having found something that I really loved but could also succeed at. There are also a lot of Pokemon trainers that I idolize and would look forward to meeting face-to-face.

I would probably try to find someone to help me on my quest first, rather than immediately start trying to catch Pokemon. I wouldn't have any Pokemon of my own after all, so going to a Pokemon Professor and asking for a starter would be a good place to start or perhaps I could try to win my first pokemon at the game corner.

I would certainly take advantage of the opportunity to be around Pokemon, but being a Pokemon trainer isn't necessarily the only thing I would want to do. I would look into becoming a coordinator for Pokemon contests, but only if I can be in Hoenn. I would want to be a prot?g?e of Wallace, and maybe someday up on that contest stage with my Milotic or Dratini I might get noticed by my crush Steven Stone.

Last edited:

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • ...I wanna see how i'd emotionally handle being a trainer, going into battle, seeing my partners work hard win or lose, having snarky rivals, taking on evil teams.

I want to be a trainer. I bet it would be an interesting experience I could really grow from :)

doing some contest in the region i'm in couldn't hurt either haha xD i mean, who knows how intense a battle could feel in real life...though i think i'd be happy to see my pokemon having fun and getting stronger and working together with me so well.....=3

I'm glad someone made this thread.
    Threads like this get me brain stormin' :3

Last edited:

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
  • ...I wanna see how i'd emotionally handle being a trainer, going into battle, seeing my partners work hard win or lose, having snarky rivals, taking on evil teams.

I want to be a trainer. I bet it would be an interesting experience I could really grow from :)

doing some contest in the region i'm in couldn't hurt either haha xD i mean, who knows how intense a battle could feel in real life...though i think i'd be happy to see my pokemon having fun and getting stronger and working together with me so well.....=3

I'm glad someone made this thread.
    Threads like this get me brain stormin' :3

Makes me think about, how drained people would actually be while doing the ash-greninja thing

Years
  • well, my first reaction is to automatically figure out where the heck i am. i mean, what region did i just get dropped in? kanto? johto? hoenn? i guess figuring out the local pokemon would be a good hint than anything else, lmao.

after that though... why not just start a new life as a pokemon trainer? might as well see if i can find the local professor and get started, at least.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    I'd go out and catch something, then battle and battle. Pokemon training would be a good and fun living.

Though I probably wouldn't travel very far; just remain pretty isolated, so maybe I'd look into becoming a gym leader.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I'll go catch a few Pok?mon and bond with them. I'm just an average trainer.

Collecting is somewhat of an addiction for me, too.

Years
  • While I'd love to say I'd go become a Pokemon trainer and start travelling the world, if I've got no money, food, or anywhere to stay, I'd probably want to get that situated before anything else.

It also depends on where I end up first too- Cinnabar Island, Pallet Town, Viridian City, and Viridian Forest are all pretty close to one another all things considered, but each place would offer its own challenges and benefits that could completely change your journey, just based on circumstance.

...or I could just say screw it, steal a Ditto, and have fun messing with people.

Resolve

I have it
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 2, 2020
    assess whether or not i'll be comfortable living in such a world

i mean, it is very different

raising livestock was my first thought

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • I would be very happy and I don't think i'm alone in dreaming this multiple times. I would first situate my life a bit. Get maybe a job and do things there before I start traveling, but definitly get a partner Pokémon first. Also look for a way to get a place where I can live or stay, and when I have things under control, travel the world.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • As well as being a trainer I want to be a co-ordenator too 'cuz co-ordenating is cute ^_^

Being a trainer with a mostly cute pokemon team would probably suit me. Buuuut I also love Lucario and Hawlucha too xD So I would hope I would have AT LEAST one them as well. And they could be my cool/tough contest pokemon when I also enter contests :3

I still wanna battle too. Pokemon battling is interesting to me. Teaching my pokemon moves like attract/charm/sweet kiss could also make battles even more interesting muwahahahaha >D <3

Last edited:
    Years
  • Assuming it would be as easy as it seemingly is for Ash to just travel without having to worry much financially yeah that'd be my lifestyle hopping from region to region catching Pokémon. I'd probably want to research more than battle competitively though.

Years
  • Freak out initially. Would probably look to see if my loved ones made it here too since I wouldn't trade family or boyfriend for the Pokémon world haha. Otherwise, heck yeaaaaa let's begin the journey. <3 Hopefully I got put somewhere decently safe though, if it's in the middle of some forest or cave with no Pokémon or Poké Balls of my own, how will I make it to town???? If somewhere safe then I'd see how I can go about getting my first Pokémon and, you know....feeding myself haha.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I'd immediately look for any pokemon I like, catch them and become a master. And maybe conquer all regions with my power if I get bored

Years
  • Thinking about this a bit more, it really would suck if you were spontaneously dropped in the Pokemon World if you had no money or anywhere to stay really.

Your only hope would be to make some money by battling your way to the top or through some other means. u.u

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • This is how it'll work out for me--> Confused ---> Shocked ---> Scared ---> concerned ---> Amazed.

I seriously would be confused about my situation. Then again, I would be scared at the fact that I could get hurt or get into trouble with these creatures, if not careful, but then amazed at the fact, that I'd actually want to leave my house everyday.

I think I would go out and be a trainer to train my way to the top, or spend my time researching about Pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I would open a home for wayward fairy Pokémon and take care of them and love them all. <33

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
  • First thought would be "You know what to do now, you got this".

But really, get a team of pokemon, meet up with friends, work with pokemon, explore places and have fun.

Years
  • I'd be all like
    Thrown into the world of pokemon

Then I'd join a gang, live in a forest and smoke the plants that grow off Grass types, find the weakest Pokemon I can and raise it into a star by daily wrestling in the mud, then go to Kanto and become a Pokemon Stadium champion and find some golfer babe to have a ridiculously complicated marriage with. All of this, might I mention, while high.

Back