• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you want to see Let's Go Johto games?

Years
  • some people were expecting this from the most recent Pokémon Direct, but we ended up getting other things instead. the Let's Go games have been controversial, but we have quite a lot of people who enjoyed them as well. are you one of the people interested in seeing a Johto version of the Let's Go games? which two Pokémon would you make mascots in Pikachu and Eevee's place? or are you hoping we don't get any more titles in the Let's Go series?

pkmin3033

Well...for me personally, not really. I wasn't overly fond of the gameplay mechanics - and the inability to turn the crappy gyro controls off - and if I want to play Johto again I'll pick up HeartGold or something. But I would like to see a Let's Go Johto because they're very accessible, particularly to younger players and those more interested in the mobile mechanics. That said, if there is going to be another game in this series, they NEED to fix the reliance on motion controls, because they're almost completely inaccessible to people with impaired motor skills, and that just isn't acceptable. It's not what Nintendo is all about, and not the kind of thing one of their core IPs should be putting out.

I am aware that you can use the control stick and buttons, but my god, those controls were awful and they were clearly tacked-on as a concession to the outcry that the initial announcement that these would be motion-controlled only just because received. If there is to be another game in the series, it needs the option to choose between proper traditional controls, motion controls, or a blend of the two. Current year argument, but for fuck's sake, it's 2020, including options for how to play a game isn't bloody rocket science. This is the thing with Nintendo games in general - they're always striving to offer new experiences, but the problem is that they force them onto you by removing all other options. For a series like Pokemon, which is obscenely popular and has a reputation for being something anyone can just pick up and play, excluding people this way really isn't acceptable. Not when you consider the ONLY reason it was so heavily motion-based was "to provide a new experience" and that was it.

So yes. Another game exactly the same as Pikachu/Eevee only set in Johto would not be good. One that learns from the mistakes of its predecessor and adopts QoL changes in how it is controlled at the very least would be great. That's not an unreasonable ask, either.

The mascots should be Pichu and Pikabl--I mean, Marill. Yeah. Marill.

But I also have a very strong feeling that a Let's Go Johto would not include Kanto postgame, because they're very low effort, low budget titles in how they look and feel. Which ironically is more polished and thought-out than SnS, but they're clearly designed to be stripped-down, simplistic versions of the games that incorporate mobile mechanics. Such a game does not lend itself to having a massive postgame.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I want the gyro controls gone because it's a major accessibility issue and wasn't fun in the slightest. Besides that, yeah I would totally like to see more LGPE, because I liked it a lot. While I'd obviously prefer a new original region with the full set of Pokemon mechanics, I also thought LGPE was cute and well put together, and didn't like SwSh which was exactly the new full game that I wanted, so if GF's schedule or game design chops aren't going to improve in the near future, I'll take another LGPE-style game with tons of polish and a very small scope over another rushed overambitious flop any day.

Years
  • i honestly don't care for the Let's Go games. this could be because i havent touched Pokemon GO, so the LG games haven't really appealed to me. whether or not there's a Let's Go Johto game in the future... eh. i'd prefer not, but i don't really care either way cause i don't know if i'll even get it, haha.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I never bought LGPE and I probably wouldn't buy a Johto version, but I see nothing wrong with having it. LGPE seemed like a cute introduction to the series for younger kids. Kind of pointless considering the games were already for kids, but I know a lot of people around my age who were thrilled about the game because it was something they could play with their own children, to introduce them to the Pokemon they grew up with.

I think that nostalgia factor will certainly dwindle with each release but no harm in milking it, I suppose, lol.

Years
  • I'm personally all for it tbh, I get the criticism the games get with the mechanics, controls etc, but I approached LGPE with a relaxed mindset and just accepted that I wasn't playing a mainline, conventional Pokemon game and it was fine! I really enjoyed my time in the game, having Pokemon follow me and all around in the overworld, it was just a naturally chilled game to play through.

I'd love to see Johto reimagined in complete 3D and think it could give some really beautiful settings, the starters is a tough one though, I'd really have to think on that.

Years
  • Part of me would really like to see it, but I couldn't be bothered to finish LGPE, so maybe it's for the best if it never came out, since I'd lose interest in it, too. In theory the Let's Go games aren't a bad idea, but for anyone looking for a more traditional game that want a bit of a challenge, I'm sure Let's Go Johto might disappoint.

Unless they revamp the Bug Catching Contest to a more arcadey style event. I'd be all over that.

Years
  • Been thinking about this lately and personally am becoming more curious to see let's go johto style. Ecruteak is beautiful, and I'd love to see it in the vibrant let's go style even if I'm not the hugest fan of the GO catching mechanics. I also want a cute Espeon following me around as my starter. ❤️

Years
  • I'm more interested in the style as well like Sheep said. The catching mechanics are not great though. Hadn't played LGPE in a long time.
    This GO series is a good way to introduce younger players to the franchise, but I think eventually, the novelty will wear off, idk when that'll happen though.
    As Dawn said, I don't think we'd see a Kanto post game if this game were to come out.
    I'd like a giant Typhlosion following me, but that's my preference. :P

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • No, I didn't enjoy the previous Let's Go games in any way, and I probably wouldn't enjoy any other ones. I'd much rather we got Sinnoh remakes next year if we were to get any new main series games.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i love LGPE honestly and would love to see another entry in the let's go format, witch some fix-ups of course! gyro controls were fun, but very annoying on some pokemon that move around a lot. and it does create an accessibility issue. so having the option to turn it off would be nice. i love the look of the games, the simplicity of them, the pokemon following you around, and i think it would just be a blast to return to johto in this format. not sure what pokemon we would get. tbh i think it would be nice to just have a single let's go game with a choice of starter, as it normally would be. i don't think there are two pokemon in johto akin to eeveen and pikachu that could really stand alone as alternate starters. pichu would feel redundant imo. marrill and togepi kind of stand out to me, but even then, eh? i'd rather one game with a choice of the three johto starters. also, this could be another chance to fix johto's level curve and pokemon distribution across the region. i'm all for it.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I'd say that it's a cute style and I like the (visual) design choices they went with, so I wouldn't mind seeing another game coming out due to that alone, even if I have no plans whatsoever to buy them.

That said, unlike the mobile games or spin-offs this game was developed by Game Freak themselves - or so say Bulbapedia - which means that time spent in developing Let's Go Johto is time that could be spent polishing the DPP remakes, or Pokémon Gun, or Gen IX. And I think those are - or should be, at least - bigger priorities.

So I'd like to either see these games yeeted to another dev team or not at all.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yes and no. I love Johto, but if LG happens for it I'd like for a bunch of changes. Wild Pokemon should be battlable. Keep hold items and Abilities please. Maybe don't try to be exact 1:1 in map design to the originals - e.g. HGSS changed the odd thing here and there, LGPE kept in the dumb ledges in Kanto.

Years
  • I would if it doesn't come out over a main series game or Sinnoh remakes. I like the Pokemon Go catching system but I think you should be able to toggle between that and battling wild Pokemon. Another change I would make is I didn't like how if your Pokemon followed you, it basically became invincible.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    I don't really want to see it, especially with Pokemon's anniversary coming up. There are far cooler things they should/could be working on...

Years
  • YES please. Johto is my favorite region, and seeing it in the beautiful Let's Go style would be amazing.

Let's Go Pichu. Please GameFreak...

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • UM YES.

But who will be the main face of those games, though? Like with Pikachu and Eevee? I'm thinking the starters.

No matter what, I still choose Chikorita.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Nah, I did not purchase LGPE and I have zero interest in it. To me it wouldn't matter what region they introduced for a let's go game. I'm fine with them making another one for those who want it.

Back