• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

...and in Box 1 are all of my Water types!

Sirfetch’d

How do you organize your Pokemon storage boxes? Do you organize them by type? National Pokedex number? alphabetically? or are you someone who doesn't organize them at all?

Years
Most of the time I'll have a separate box for groups of important Pokemon (ie. legendaries, events, competitive, team members etc.), usually at the last storage boxes so they don't interfere with any random catches (that aren't sorted at all); that's about it though, my PC isn't really organized for anything else.

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
Years
In B/W and X/Y, I always organized my boxes by type [+ reserved a box for breeding rejects/trade fodder] whenever I could remember! But in Diamond I chose to keep all of the Pokemon I used for my team in Box 1, and store random ones in the others.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
I don't organize my boxes. Perhaps if I got a 3DS I could arrange my Pokemon by the Pokedex No since I'm aiming to complete the Pokedex.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
The only box organization I do is for breeding. In Y, I have a box dedicated to my collection of Synchronizers, which I use to catch Pokemon with the natures I want. I also have a box containing all the Pokemon that I've gathered up over the course of my breeding that I intend to release. Once it gets full, I release all of them, which helps keep me from having too much "breeding fodder" built up.

Years
Most of the time I'll have a separate box for groups of important Pokemon (ie. legendaries, events, competitive, team members etc.), usually at the last storage boxes so they don't interfere with any random catches (that aren't sorted at all).

This is what my "important" box looks like. I also have boxes for dittos, synchronizers and perfect iv offsprings.

Years
I have a box for shinys, battle ready mons and a wondertrade box. I'd like to organise rest of them by types or in pokedex order but I'm too lazy.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
When I started getting more involved into online activity in gen 6, I started reorganizing my box system in such a way, that I would get easy access to important boxes easier. Since manual trading always put you right back to your team, setting the trading box as close as possible to the team allowed me to deal with that a little bit easier. Since then Box 1 had become my trading box.
Having the Battle Box right around the corner, as well, the last boxes in the system right next to it became my place for job related (Pick Up, TFlame for breeding, ingame team, etc.), and competitive Pokemon. Following were the boxes for (potential) breeding projects.
After Box 1 came all the Pokemon that I caught for the sake of getting the Pokedex complete and somewhere in the middle of all available boxes I stored all the Legendaries that I didn't care for using.

There's probably more stuff that I could optimize, but for now that's not important to me.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
My EV trained level 100's, which I have a large chunk of all of the fully evolved pokemon, are sorted by generation then national dex number within their generational boxes. If I have more than one version of the same species, I sort them by what ability/moves they have over the other versions, in a way even I can't explain. Untouched event pokemon are usually put into their own boxes, as are my in-game casual pokemon(though thanks to the smoothie place in X and Y as well as Ability Capsule I can eventually at least fix their EVs and Ability somewhat.)

Other stuff I just throw into Pokemon Bank until I need them for whatever reason.

Last edited:

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I rarely keep my box tidy, but a lot of times I rather like it messy :3

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
Years
"And here's where I'd put my Mew...IF I HAD ONE."

I usually don't organize them until later in the game. I'll usually keep any Legendaries I get in the final box as well as any special Pokemon (Shinies, Event, or just otherwise unique). I tend to use the same party throughout the whole game with a few changes (HM-necessary Pokemon, always include a Fossil Pokemon when obtained, and maybe a personal favorite) so I'll keep the ones I consider "Party-worthy" in the first box for ease.

Now with Pokemon Bank since I have a complete Dex, I have them all in by Dex number (any different Formes I have go right next to each other). Then there's a box for extra Legendaries, Shinies, breeding Dittos, and anything I deem as Special.

LadyVenus

Team Cipher
Years
I'm unfortunately guilty of not organizing my boxes at all. xD Other than my team, I don't catch many Pokemon. I've never even completed a 'dex.

Katchelina

"...I hope a gentle light of hope will remain."
Years
National dex number, then the last few boxes are sorted and named for extras to keep, competitive pokemon, pokes I plan to use fo breeding, extra good pokes to trade, and the last box next tot he battle box is for fillers and wondertrade pokemon.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Only 2 games I have my boxes organized.
Most other games I only catch Pokemon in random.

In my main Alpha Sapphire game, I do have boxes organized.
Boxes 1, 2, 3, and 4 - are my double battling various teams, so anyone who wishes to challenge me to more than 1 double battle, I can have lots of teams to choose from, for now have a total of 10 different teams.
for now Box 4 - are my other battling Pokemon I haven't yet added to a team

rest of the boxes, I may push a box down if I get more battling teams for now:
Box 5 - are my 5 Pokemon I have for contest, maxed out for their contest
Box 6 - teams I set aside for Theme Teams
Box 7 - various legendaries I caught in my other games
Boxes 8 to 22 - are empty for now
Box 23 - Bred Eevees
Box 24 - are Eeveelutions I have asked for from the GTS, or brought over from other games
Box 25 - are my Fennekin, Braixen, and Delphox from the GTS or other games
Box 26 - Zorua, Zoroark, Vulpix, and Delphox from either GTS, Zoroark event, and other games
Box 27 - Feline Pokemon I brought over from other games or got through Wonder Trade
Box 28 - Canines/Dogs I brought over or got in Wonder Trade
Box 29 and 30 - other Pokemon I like
Box 31 - are the Pokemon I brought from B/W/B2/W2 PokeTransporter

Battle Box - my AS double battle team, in case anyone challenges me to a battle while being online I don't have to waste time going to my PC battle.

Other team I have boxes organized is Pokemon X, the game I'm using for breeding.
I believe the first 20 or so boxes I have them organized by Pokemon that can have Male and Female - one of each evolution. After that I have a box of Pokemon that are Male only along with a Ditto - the next box Female only Pokemon and a Ditto - the next box are genderless Pokemon that can still breed.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
Box 1 typically holds Pokemon that are being switched in and out fairly frequently. I usually have a box for "Not Mine" (not my OT), a box for bred Pokemon, and a series of boxes for Pokemon I've caught during my journey, in order of when I caught them. In XY I have a box dedicated to teams usually Box -1 (the box before the battle box).

Back