• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] The Glacial Gathering: Ice Types Fanclub

icycatelf

Alex
Years
  • I like your second to last Fakemon! Almost looks like a metal raccoon. The Ice/Fighting-type also looks pretty cool!

Which of these abilities is your favorite, if you have one? I'm leaning toward Slush Rush, if only because it makes one of my top favorite Ice-mon usable.

If you were an Ice type Pokemon, which of these abilities would fit/describe you the best? Maybe Rattled? I suffer from panic disorder and things like fireworks, unexpected company, and being in the dark get my anxiety acted up. :(

Is there an ability you'd rather have? I'd gladly trade my panic disorder for Forewarn, that way I could tell if something I find on one of my nature excursions is dangerous or not (should I approach this snake, should I handle this bug, etc.).

Last edited:
    Years
  • O-oh my god.. those fakemon... some of them are so cute I would love to have them in the game. Ahh!! Especially that ice/ghost baby omg

Which of these abilities is your favorite, if you have one?
    Ice Scales sounds beautiful and is also a good ability. So yes, give it to me please. <3

If you were an Ice type Pokemon, which of these abilities would fit/describe you the best? Is there an ability you'd rather have?
    omg Oblivious no question. I would rather not have it if I could help it but that would just be inaccurate. I'm oblivious and after 30 years it's still hard to change that. :D;

Years
  • Which of these abilities is your favorite, if you have one? Own Tempo honestly. I just love not ever needing to worry about hitting myself in confusion~ One of the more annoying status conditions for me

If you were an Ice type Pokemon, which of these abilities would fit/describe you the best? Is there an ability you'd rather have? Thick Fat for sure bcs I'm getting bigger and bigger as the days go by. I'd rather have Ice Body tho, something to combat the incredibly hot weather we have year round.

Those fakemon are really cool too~ The Ice/Steel one goes hard and I'd probably main it heh

Years

• Which of these status effects do you prefer? Would you like to see Frostbite return as a status effect in gen 9 (and possibly replace Frozen) ?

I didn't know about frostbite. I haven't played Legends Arceus yet, though I think I might one day. It looks mad cool. Frostbite is an interesting idea, it's a status condition that makes sense could happen as the result of an ice attack, anyone who has ever touched dry ice can attest to this.

I think it could be incorporated into future games. I wouldn't want to see frozen disappear as a status though. It's been here since the dawn of Pokemon, and is connected with the ice typing so closely. Perhaps no status condition is more implicitly associated with one elemental typing as frozen, with the possible exception of the poison status to posion type moves. Whereas common moves of many different types can induce say paralysis like Thunder Wave- an electric move, body slam- a normal move, dragon's breath- a dragon move, stun spore- a grass move etc. The frozen status is always caused by an icy encounter of some kind.

Freeze is also one of the most powerful status conditions, when it's activated. Not being able to attack indefinitely can be devestating, and ruin the battle, certainly this was the case in early generations, where a frozen Pokemon could not thaw out on it's own. So I don't think we should be taking away one of the coolest weapons an ice type can potentially have at it's disposal, especially since this typing has it's share of weaknesses and limited resistances.

What I think should be done is keep both the frozen and frostbite conditions. Some moves that already have a chance to freeze enemies like ice beam and blizzard would continue to work like normal, but other moves could have a chance to induce frostbite. I like the idea of certain physical attacks and/or attacks that make physical contact having some chance to do this. Maybe icicle crash could get a chance to cause frost bite too, in addition to it's normal effects? It wouldn't be the first attack that has a chance to flinch, or cause a volatile status like the elemental fangs. We could even create some new new moves that may trigger frostbite. I also could see abilities on ice Pokemon ocassionally giving the opponent frostbite, the way flame body Pokemon can burn you. I think having abilities like this might also allow some ice pokemon to fulfil more defensive roles than they typically would. All of this could stir game play up a bit more, and make ice more dynamic as a type.

Always thought Zen mode was intriguing, and am glad that the Galarian form of Darmanitan makes use of it so well. I like hydration, and have always preferred it on Lapras for the rest abuse. I have never used chilling neigh before, but it's sounds like a very formidable ability in the hands of the great Glastrier. I think moody seems fun in a metronome kinda way, and wish Froslass could keep it as a hidden ability when she evolves from Snoring. I adore on Alolan Ninetales/Vulpix, especially since she has Aurora Veil. Sturdy is also always something good to have, and Avalugg needs it. Edit: I forgot about Ice Face! I love this humorous protective ability. It's like a version of Disguise for Eiscue, but better because it can be reactivated, and it also gets stat changes for the situation. It's really creative.

If you were an Ice type Pokemon, which of these abilities would fit/describe you the best? Is there an ability you'd rather have?

Overcoat I think fits me because I love cozy blankets, fleece, hats and to snuggle up warm. Zen mode also perhaps since I am a quirky girl, my persona has changed in life, and I spend a lot of time lost in thought, especially on a spiritual and moral issues. The more I read and learn about Buddhism in particular, the more I like it. I don't know if the tradition of Buddhism for me would be Zen in particular, because Buddhism encompasses many traditions, especially the Mahayana school, and Zen is only one. It's something that I would want to study more about first, but the idea of experiencing spiritual awakenings is enough I think for my pokemon ability to be Zen Mode.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Haven't been here for quite a while. ^^"

Refridgerate is nice for that extra stab bonus on non stab moves. Otherwise the two absorb abilities (Volt Absorb, Water Absorb) are some of my most liked ones in general.

Idk. Cursed Body maybe? xD
    Tbh. Sturdy also kinda fits. It's hard for me to get really sick. But when I do get sick it really hits me like a truck...

Levitate sounds fun. Does that mean I could just fly around instead of having to walk?

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • On a separate note, icycatelf linked an AI fakemon generator some time ago
    On that subject, I generated another friend! A thread on another site asked users to generate a partner with their favorite type. Unhappy with the initial result (as well as my first Ice/Normal and Ice/Bug), I chose to generate one with the types of my two favorite moves (Ice Beam and Shadow Ball). Not very ghostly, but here's what I got:

414GDeU.png

And I did a quick doodle of my interpretation of him. :3

N1zA8nS.png

Years

• Below is an image of all the Ice/Psychic types: Jynx, Smoochum, Galarian Mr. Mime, Mr. Rime, Ice Rider Calyrex.
    Most of these Pokemon are not that popular.

For each Pokemon, try to name one thing you like about them or consider good about them.
    Perhaps you like a part of their design, or perhaps they learn good moves or maybe you just like their Dex entries, etc.

attachment.php

You are bedridden and need to rely on one of the above Ice/Psychic types for each of the following five situations. You can only pick each Pokemon once.
    Which Ice/Psychic type Pokemon do you select for which situation? Feel free to elaborate as much as you want!

1) You were supposed to attend a relatives birthday party. Which of these Pokemon do you send in your stead?

2) There is no food and medicine in the house. Which of these Pokemon do you send to go shopping with your wallet?

3) Your pets need to be looked after. Which of these Pokemon will you have tend to them?

4) An angry neighbor comes over to your house. Which of these Pokemon will you send to deal with them?

5) You are too ill to cook and do chores. Which of these Pokemon will do them?

And for anyone interested, I made another silhouette again. Below is a picture of 7 Ice type Pokemon mashed together into 1 big abomination. Can you identify them all?

attachment.php

My own answers:
    Spoiler:

Attachments

• IcePsychic.png
      IcePsychic.png
      471.7 KB · Views: 123
    • silhouetteBig1.png
      silhouetteBig1.png
      13.3 KB · Views: 62
    Last edited:
    Years
  • For each Pokemon, try to name one thing you like about them or consider good about them.

For Jynx I think the Holiday Hi-Jynx special is a sweet little Christmas story, featuring this Pokemon. It gives Jessie some more character development, and is a nice introduction to different rare ice Pokemon. Though Jynx has a design that can be off-putting, they still managed to tell a story that was wholesome featuring her.

While Jynx is always going to be an odd design choice, it's good that creators listened to the feedback they received, and tried to learn from their mistakes and make subtle improvements to the Pokemon like giving her orchid-colored skin.

Jynx is also an interesting pokemon to use I guess. She's got a high special attack, and some useful moves like lovely kiss and nasty plot, psyshock.

I think it could be cool for to get an evolution, since some of the Gen 1 human-like egg group pokemon got a pre-evolution and an evolution in subsequent generations i.e Magmar, Elektabuzz, Mr Mime, I think it's not farfetch'd that a third stage evo could happen for Jynx too.

Speaking of evolutions, Smoochum is pretty cute like all of the Gen 2 baby pokemon, and I think they overcame the awkward things about the Jynx's designs with this winsome pre-evo.

As for Galarian Mr Mime, I think the regional form slightly improved on the design of the original, kinda like the Jynx color change did. I still wouldn't count myself a Mr. Mime fan, but appreciate that the Galarian one grew a nose. The first Mr. Mime never had one, so it's face always looked more vacant, mask-like and creepy to me with those big gaping eyes. The second one's face seems a little more balanced, and they downsized the eyes, which I think helps.

Also the blue wintry color scheme and his tie and shoe heels being made of ice work to indicate it's ice typing. The original Mr. Mime never had any characteristics that looked particularly psychic or a fairy-like, so I think a little more effort went into this one. Also the desaturated colors remind me of old black and white films, and that kinda fits the theme of a mine, because they don't talk, and a lot of old movies were silent and instead of sound they just used captions.

The Galarian one has some perks in that it's a little faster than it's Kantonian counterpart, and while it's special stats are lower it is able to hold eviolite because it's not fully evolved, which really shores up both of it's defensive stats, so I see ways that you could probably have fun with this Pokemon.

Mr Rime I like better than Mr Mime. They play with the pantomime theme even more here because he looks like the silent film icon starlie Chaplin with the mustache, hat and cane, he danced on film sometimes too. Note that the Mr. Rime shiny goes almost totally Black and White. For me Mr Rime> Mime Jr> Mr Mime.

Mr. Rime has the same screen cleaner gimmick as it's pre-evolution, and a little more attacking power, despite being slower, it can do some cool things with setup. I saw a Mr. Rime sweep on Pimpnite's YouTube channel, making use of it's ability a few years back.

I adore Calyrex, and it's two rider forms. I may be in the minority opinion, but I find the design of Calyrex itself ingenious. I see a big onion bulb on top of it's head, which is mighty cute and appropriate for grass type Pokemon, and it also looks like a cap in a royal crown, which is perfect since this Pokemon was a king in ancient times. It also makes him look smart, fit for telepathic psychic Pokemon, as if he has a gigantic brain. I think it's story is very nice, and the dlc content featuring Calyrex provided some interesting world-building for Galar. This Pokemon really became a character during a side quest, and am glad he was reunited with his faithful steed.

While Calyrex has kinda modest stats for a mythical Pokemon like Phione does, it's meant to be paired with it's horse, and then it becomes truly amazing with the ability as-one. To combine the ability of two Pokemon is really novel idea and makes sense for the Pokemon's backstory, and it's quite deadly, making an already savage ability like chilling neigh even more op because you're not only boosting your attack as you knock out enemies, but preventing them from using berries that could heal or raise their stats.

Glastrier already has brutal physical attacking power and defensively it's a fortress, and those stats are even more op as ice Rider Calyrex. Since Glastrier is a powerful Pokemon that seems well-liked with it's magnificent design as a fierce horse carved out an ice berg, I think it's just Calyrex that people object to, but I like them all Glastrier, Calyrex, Spectrier, Calyrex Ice Rider, Shadow Rider.

You are bedridden and need to rely on one of the above Ice/Psychic types for each of the following five situations. You can only pick each Pokemon once. ceich Ice/Psychic type Pokemon do you select for which situation? Feel free to elaborate as much as you want!

1) You were supposed to attend a relatives birthday party. Which of these Pokemon do you send in your stead?

Smoochum because she seems like an innocent, happy little girl, and everyone would probably be charmed, and probably have no qualms about letting this stranger in.

2) There is no food and medicine in the house. Which of these Pokemon do you send to go shopping with your wallet?

Mr. Rime, because he looks somewhat human and is wearing heavy clothes he might be able to go shopping in without making people immediately realizing he is another species. I think people would think he's a performer of some kind, maybe a clown in his makeup. He might even make me some money if he starts dancing, I can imagine people tipping him and thinking it's a performance, and I could use some more cash.

3) Your pets need to be looked after. Which of these Pokemon will you have tend to them?

Ice Rider Calyrex. I think it would be the one most capable of understanding complicated instructions because of it's telepathy and great wisdom. I need the pokemon watching my pets to know things like which medication to give me dog for his arthritis, and the correct amount, what time time that administer it, and these are the measurements of food my cats should have for his diet. This Pokemon is also known for caretaking other vulnerable creatures in the wild, so while it's mighty, I think it would be a gentle giant in this instance.

I thought about sending Smoochum because it would give my pets lots of affection and kisses while I am gone, but my cat would probably chase her, because she's small he might think that she's prey.

4) An angry neighbor comes over to your house. Which of these Pokemon will you send to deal with them?

Jynx. Maybe they will see her, and think I don't live here anymore. If that doesn't work she could start singing and dancing. I read in one of it's Dex entries that Jynx can hypnotize people, and make them start dancing, so I can tell her it do that, or maybe put the neighbors to sleep with lovely kiss.

5) You are too ill to cook and do chores. Which of these Pokemon will do them?

Mr Mime, the Kantonian one did a good job cooking and cleaning for Delia Ketchum, so with a little luck maybe this one can help out around the house too.

I'm going to try to unchisel what's inside the ice mystery Pokemon!

A couple of the silhouetted Pokemon I can immediately recognize features of, others are much trickier for me to pin down. I'm going to guess anyway though!

Spoiler:

Years

• Meant to post this yesterday but forgot lol

WolfeyVGC made a video at some point on how he'd 'Fix' the Ice type:

It's from a competitive point of view, but it might be a good watch if you haven't already seen it.
    If you watched it, what do you think about his proposed changes to 'fix' the Ice type?

Additionally, also sharing an Ice types video by MandJTV, who tries to do a mono Ice type run in Alola:

This one is more for amusement than something informative like the first one.

Spoiler:

I'm going to try to unchisel what's inside the ice mystery Pokemon!

A couple of the silhouetted Pokemon I can immediately recognize features of, others are much trickier for me to pin down. I'm going to guess anyway though!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years

• 5e9.gif

I wrapped up my Ultra Wormhole shiny hunting last Monday, and I have a surplus of a certain Ice type Pokemon that can be encountered this way =3
    I caught 6 of them in total, but I'm keeping one for myself so I have 5 extras.

attachment.php

So my question is simple: Who here doesn't have a shiny Abomasnow and would like one? =D

I can trade them either in USUM or Home/SwSh/BDSP. Keep in mind you need NSO to trade in the Switch games.
    If interested please indicate which game you want me to trade it to you in =3
    Also, they are currently still in the game I caught them in, so if you want me to give them a nickname I still can =3

Photo's of the 5 Abomasnow are in the spoiler below if you want a specific one (there is some variation in their genders and what ball I caught them with) =3

Spoiler:

The OT Vivi is the name I pick when I play as the female character btw =p

Perhaps a list you can just copy paste might be handy, so to recap:

If interested:
    Game you want to trade in (USUM or Home/SwSh/BDSP):
    Nickname (Yes/No, if yes what nickname):
    Also, if we need to schedule a trade due to timezone differences, the below would be handy to include:
    Timezone:

Attachments

• abomasnow.gif
      abomasnow.gif
      460.8 KB · Views: 42
    • DSC02340.JPG
      DSC02340.JPG
      125.8 KB · Views: 39
    • DSC02341.JPG
      DSC02341.JPG
      117 KB · Views: 39
    • DSC02356.JPG
      DSC02356.JPG
      148.2 KB · Views: 40
    • DSC02371.JPG
      DSC02371.JPG
      121 KB · Views: 40
    • DSC02410.JPG
      DSC02410.JPG
      151.1 KB · Views: 41
    Years

• Anyone wanna make some predictions related to Ice types for gen 9? =3

Number of new Ice types (including regional forms):
    Ice type regional forms for the following Pokemon:
    New type combinations (Normal/Ice or Ice/Poison), or perhaps a proper Ice/Fire type:
    Any Ice type legendaries:
    Will we finally get an Ice type Pseudo:
    Will there be an Ice type Specialist:
    Amount of new Ice type moves:
    Will any ice types be included in the new gimmick:

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Anyone wanna make some predictions related to Ice types for gen 9? =3

Number of new Ice types (including regional forms):
    Ice type regional forms for the following Pokemon:
    New type combinations (Normal/Ice or Ice/Poison), or perhaps a proper Ice/Fire type:
    Any Ice type legendaries:
    Will we finally get an Ice type Pseudo:
    Will there be an Ice type Specialist:
    Amount of new Ice type moves:
    Will any ice types be included in the new gimmick:

I do not foresee an ice-type gym leader in these upcoming games, considering there was one featured in Sword/Shield. I would certainly like to see an Ice type Elite four member, or perhaps even a rival who favours ice-types, that would certainly be unique. Although, when I think of Spain, winter and icy landscapes do not initially come to mind, and Spain's geography/climate may impact the amount of newly introduced ice types we receive considering the new region is heavily based on said country.

I think there is a chance we may see an Ice/Poison or Ice/Fire type, or I am hoping so, anyways. I wish I was more familiar with Spanish folklore, as that might give insight whether or not there is a creature who could serve as inspiration for a Pokémon with either of these typings. I do feel as though Ice/Poison would make for a spectacular legendary!!

I would like to see Froslass take on a regional form, perhaps losing its ice type and becoming ghost/fairy, ghost/steel, or ghost/rock. It would also be neat to have Gardevoir and Gallade adopt the ice type via a regional form! (:

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I hope we get more, but here's my prediction:

Number of new Ice types (including regional forms): 3-4
    Ice type regional forms for the following Pokemon: X
    New type combinations (Normal/Ice or Ice/Poison), or perhaps a proper Ice/Fire type: 1
    Any Ice type legendaries: No
    Will we finally get an Ice type Pseudo: No
    Will there be an Ice type Specialist: No
    Amount of new Ice type moves: 0
    Will any ice types be included in the new gimmick: Yes

Ninetales said:
    I would like to see Froslass take on a regional form, perhaps losing its ice type and becoming ghost/fairy, ghost/steel, or ghost/rock. It would also be neat to have Gardevoir and Gallade adopt the ice type via a regional form! (:
    I would ADORE an Ice-type Gallade! I always try to teach Gallade Ice Punch when I use one.

Years
  • Hmmm....!

Number of new Ice types (including regional forms): 4-6
    Ice type regional forms for the following Pokemon: Skarmory, Skiddo, Furfrou
    New type combinations (Normal/Ice or Ice/Poison), or perhaps a proper Ice/Fire type: I'm hoping for normal/ice, even if some people think it may be a bit bland.
    Any Ice type legendaries: Probably not, but I hope so!
    Will we finally get an Ice type Pseudo: please yes!!
    Will there be an Ice type Specialist: I want to say yes.
    Amount of new Ice type moves: 5
    Will any ice types be included in the new gimmick: Not sure, but hopefully yes.

Not a very interesting response from me but.. :D; It's what popped into my head.

Years

• I have attempted to make one of those 'Your Birthday determines what Pokemon you are' things, but it's an Ice types edition ofc!
    I tried to stick to a 7-7-7-7-8 day rhythm, but I came up 1 day short in the first row of months, and had an extra day in the second row of months ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hopefully it's clearly readable =p
    But just in case, the months are above and below each of the 3 sections, and each 1st day of the month has the month behind the day for extra clarity.
    There's 2 vertical columns, separated by a divider line. You read it from top to bottom and then go right for the next column. The mon associated with the dates is to the right of them!
    For example: February 27, 28 & 29 + March 1, 2, 3 & 4 are all Mamoswine =3
    This is my first time trying to make one of these sorts of things, so I really hope it's legible enough.

I've used RNG to assign the order the mons are in... was actually sad when I drew Glaceon so early on D=

attachment.php

Which Pokemon did you get? =3

Personally I ended up with Galarian Darmanitan.
    Not particularly enthusiastic about it, but it's a pretty strong mon so I'm alright with it.

Spoiler:

Attachments

• birthdayIceType.png
      birthdayIceType.png
      808.5 KB · Views: 94
    Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Galarian Darumaka. I like it more than Unovan Darumaka, but not really excited about it.

Instead of RNG, how about numerical order? Or alphabetical?

Years
  • Instead of RNG, how about numerical order? Or alphabetical?

I mainly avoided PokeDex order as all the mon lines would cluster together. RNG felt like a better way of spreading the mons around.
    I made two more versions, though the last one ended up with Galar Darumaka in the same spot lol 😅

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I made the image again with Alphabetical order:

attachment.php

And once more sorted by weight (increasing):

attachment.php

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    For me, Galarian Darmanitan has turned into Lapras and Mr. Rime.
    Lapras is my fav of the three and among my fav ice types =3

Attachments

• birthdayIceTypes2.png
      birthdayIceTypes2.png
      606.4 KB · Views: 80
    • birthdayIceTypes3.png
      birthdayIceTypes3.png
      604.2 KB · Views: 78

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Got Delibird on the alphabetical one. Cute gimmick and it's a Johto-mon, so I'll take it. :)

Just noticed that there's no Castform, Arceus, or Silvally though. They would fill your missing slots!

Also, if you want to do a "Japabetical" version, I just made this list:
    Spoiler:

This one would give me Silvally, I think, if you include the three new 'mon. It always reminded me of a griffin, one of my top favorite mythical creatures, but I don't feel worthy of such a special 'mon.

Last edited:

Citra La Magicienne

The Most Inconsistent Forum Poster
    Years
  • I hope there's no time limit on club joining, because I'd love to join this seemingly chillax club if I can, with White Kyurem as my guardian!

I normally would have said Black Kyurem, because while I love White's design more, I've always been more partial to Zekrom than Reshiram. I'm also of the idea that it the fused Kyu's should've changed their types to match what they're fused with. I LOVE the Electric/Ice combo, for all its 4x ground weakness, and we would've had the almost-equally amazing Fire/Ice combo in a more accessible way three generations earlier! Ah, if only we lived in the ideal world....well, maybe I should pick Black Kyurem, huh? XD

Anyway, I figure that if I'm gonna join, I should answer some of the questions, so:

-What is/are your favorite Ice Type Pokemon?
    Well, kind of...all of them! Barring a choice few. Ahem. Jynx. Smoochum is on thin ice.
    But so as to actually give a nice answer, I particularly love Snom, Arctozolt(My beautiful Electric/Ice!), any of the Kyurems(My beautiful Gen 5 mons!), Alolan Ninetales, and probably most unsurprisingly, Glaceon!

Have you ever used an Ice Type on any of your playthrough teams? If yes, do you remember which one it was and/or in which game?
    As much as I love Ice types, it can be a pain to get them early in in most of the games, but from what I remember I had a Vanillish and a cherished little baby Cubchoo that I can't remember the name of on my Gen 5 game, and I definitely used Alolan Ninetales when I got it in Gen 7.

-Do you nickname your Pokemon? If so do you have any nicknames you use for certain Ice Type mons or do you randomly pick nicknames for them?
    Yep! I try to do cold themed names for all of them, but sometimes I'll get a really weird name in my head and have to go for it(My Snivy in my most recent White run got named Smatantha. I don't know where it came from...).

-Would you like any of them to gain a new evolutions? (SwSh gave certain regional forms a new evolution, such as Mr. Rime for Galarian Mr. Mime).
    I think there are a few that definitely need one, notably Cryogonal and Delibird. I'm not sure what they'd be other than hopefully interesting!

-Ice hasn't been combined with Normal or Poison yet. Additionally Ice has only been combined with Fire in a temporary form (Zen Mode Galar Darmanitan). Do you have any ideas for what an Ice Type Pokemon combined with any of these types would look like? (you can also use a new Regional form for this if you want)
    I kind of chose this one since I answered it a little already, but my "idea" for a slightly-less temporary Fire/Ice is changing White Kyurem's type! While it's not quite permanent, it is a different form and it is storable outside of battle, so I think it's more than enough. As far as an Ice/Normal type, me and my friends came up with an interesting idea of an Ice/Normal type Gastly that becomes a little floating snowball with a cold aura! It works with the connecting idea of ghosts always having a chill around them. Or maybe it could be Ice/Poison to keep some of its connection and fill that slot! Other than that, I don't have a separate idea for Ice/Poison. :(

-The Unova games had seasons. Did you like this mechanic? How do you feel about the Winter season in them?

Yes. I will rant forever about how perfect, besides EXP, the Gen 5 games are.

-Do you think this is a good change? Do you prefer the location based evolutions for Ice Types such as Glaceon or the new Ice Stones?
    Sadly, I think this is a good idea as a side effect of how most of the Pokemon regions are; Glaceon wasn't accessible in gen 4 until almost post game! All of the "cold" areas are very late in the game, so this change makes it actually possible to do a playthrough with Glaceon. However, I would PREFER the location based evos, just not so far into the game please!!!

-Do you have any Ice Pokemon merchandise?
    I have a Glaceon BAB named Skushy. I totally meant to name it Slushy, but I mistyped while putting it in, and decided that I liked it better and would have more meaning. Other than that, I'm an avid TCG collector, so I've got mounds of beautifully designed "Ice" type cards!

-Are you using/going to use an Ice type on your team?
    This was meant for BDSP, but I'm answering it for SV: and absolutely! If I can get an early Ice type, I'll take it, especially if its new!

-Are there any changes you'd like to see in the Ice type's Type match-ups? This could be defensive (for example give Ice type a new resistance) or offensive (give it a different or an extra type it's super effective against)
    ABSOLUTELY. I would make Ice the third type to resist Normal, as well as Grass type. Even just adding those two would already just make Ice so much less, ironically, brittle!

-Are there any Ice type Pokemon you think could be used as a starter?
    Yes! All of the 3 stage Ice types(Swinub line, Spheal line, Vanillite line) would be perfect starters in my opinion! They've all got very coherent designs that build well on each evolution and are the perfect balance of cute/cool(totally intended) to work well as starters.

Anyway, that was probably a TOTAL AVALANCHE(again, very intended) of information and questions, but I figured that if I was to make an entrance, that it should freeze you in your tracks!
    Okay maybe that one was a bit of a stretch....

Back