• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what was your last loss in a video game?

Years
  • I've been trying different speedrun routes in Sonic 2, and if I make a mistake, I end up in the water and start drowning.

Even 20+ years later, nothing gets my heart racing more than listening to that drowning music and not being able to find an air bubble.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Pokémon Prism Rom Hack to a level 36 Machamp. I usually overgrind for these, but enemy levels caught up. I preceded to use speed up and get myself to levels where I've just been breezing through it.

Years
  • .......it was a normal enemy in Tales of Symphonia............

I was trying to grind for Collette's Holy Judgement by having her as the only party member alive and casting Judgement over and over, however I couldn't cast it fast enough and kept getting hit......then when I tried to revive everyone they kept getting locked down and in the end I just got destroyed by the enemies :X

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Let's see...

Not counting mobile games, the latest I can recall — I was playing shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga 1, and it took me 3 tried to beat the Demifiend.

He's hard for the wrong reasons; he's badly designed... haha. It was a thing for Altus back then, to make Superbosses so weirdly designed that you'd need to stick with one very strict method on dealing with them. For the Demifiend, he can kill your whole party in one hit using a move called Gaia Rage if you don't follow the strict rules, like not equipping Null/Repel skills, forcing you to equip this skill that makes you avoid attacks 100% of the time while you're sleeping, etc. There's a good method on beating him though, but even then it takes a lot of luck. That's what this battle is; you have to be 'lucky' enough to survive the upcoming Gaia Rage.

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
  • Golden Sun: The Lost Age.
    The Dullahan defeated me, as I foolishly decided to attempt to summon-rush him at very low levels.
    The Dullahan is the hardest boss in game, and there's a few summon rush methods to defeating him, but a lot of it is RNG luck based, as he has a move that ruins a summon rush instantly.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Got my ass beat by a G-Rank Teostra in Monster Hunter. I wasn't even solo-ing it and I had Kushala armor. I just straight played like garbage.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2020
    I lost to Norman in Ruby while testing my hack. It was RNG I swear... :/

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years
  • Dig Dug. Trying to get an Xbox achievement for 100 kills in a single play through. Got to about 90 kills then somehow got spawn killed multiple times by a freakin dragon.

Last edited:

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I swear 90% of the deaths in FPS games have to be either through a random land mine/claymore

because i lost by running into a claymore...

It was just by an collapsed section of fence. I should have known better. A sniper was hiding in the nearby building. Of course he'd cover the back door.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • A few days ago before the Ibaraki Douji raid event ended in Fate Grand Order. I tried to do an Arts run instead of a Buster one based on Memelin Merlin and Gilgamesh cheese but Ibaraki ended up AoE critting my damage dealers and I was forced to stall until the round ended. Not technically a loss (even actual losses count towards the raid), but it was a very inefficient run and it was definitely a time loss for both energy and time spent actually stalling to the end.

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
  • Oof, I hate to be back in this thread so soon.

But, Star Magician downed me in Golden Sun: Dark Dawn.
    Well, to be more precise, Ghoul Ball did (A sub enemy for Star Magician).

Stung a bit more, since Star Magician was downed, and Ghoul Ball was faster than me, and killed Matthew, my last character alive.
    Time to do that fight again.

Back