• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

exercising

Years
  • right.... this is a thing...

I'm healthy but I guess I can't rely on my metabolism forever... :x

I did some exercising late high school/early college... but schoolwork has gotten in the way. After undergrad, I would do it sporadically but never made it a habit. I find it so boring, even if the short investment in activity may net positive returns in every other aspect of my life.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I do a lot of walking at work, and on my days off I'm pretty active, and I also then make a point to do some walking outside.

For a time I did actually exercise at home, and I need to get back into that... it's a goal to be more toned than I currently am. hhh

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I do exercise at home, and play soccer/do karate. The latter isn't running atm though (downsides of the dojo being tied to a university which books out the sports centre for exams...), so I have a bit less than I'd like atm.

Walks, too - including community day. :B

Years
  • i've started doing stretches and 20x sets of pushups (against bed because on floor is still a bit difficult for me), situps, and bicycle crunches 3 times a day! not insanely long sessions but still happy to be keeping up with it 👍

Years
  • i was going to the gym every day, but stopped after i got sick earlier this year. today is going to be my first day back for lent! i'm excited tbh

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I rarely exercise, but the office I work at is close enough that once winter ends, I'll start walking again. I was walking in the summer, but it got way too sweaty in mid-July and I quit. Then I found work somewhere else further away and didn't walk.

Years
  • I play Ring Fit Adventure and do exercise videos with my mother every day I'm off or get out of work early. I aim for at least 15-30 of movement time. I think I need to go to a gym though... or do something even more high intensity.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • i try to go for at least an hour or two of walking every day, plus working out when i can at home. when i'm in a really gloomy mood i just pick a random direction and walk for like 5 hours. thinking about joining a gym so i can get more consistent with it sometime soon.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • My exercising usually doesn't go beyond going for at least one walk every day, sometimes twice if I feel like it. I might need to start putting more effort into my exercising.

pkmin3033

I walk to and from work every day, and that's about twenty minutes each way. On my days off I usually end up going shopping, or going out for some reason or another.

But my health doesn't really allow me to exercise - if I burn more calories I have to eat more, and I struggle to eat enough as it is. Sedentary lifestyle is best for me.

Years
  • just thought i'd provide another update!

i'm still active with my exercise, and atm am doing the following:

morning before breakfast - chloe ting 2-week ab challenge https://youtu.be/2pLT-olgUJs
    midday, several times a day - short bursts of stretches + lunges/air squats to keep my blood pumping and knees in good shape
    evening - hana milly neck/shoulder exercises https://youtu.be/P8SDZEIwdcY

the evening neck/shoulder sets i picked up very recently, and am mostly doing to help stretch my neck/shoulders after sitting on the computer for so long throughout the day. i occasionally sleep poorly and wake up with a sore neck, so i'm hoping workouts will help with that a bit. hasn't happened in a while and i definitely feel like my muscles are less sore overall! my posture has always been good and i don't have a double chin, but it's still a plus that it's also helping out with that. 👍 definitely a good set to do before bed since it doesn't really cause sweating, and helps relax your muscles before sleeping.

the chloe ting ab challenge is my go-to for an intense daily workout... i've definitely been doing it for more than two weeks haha. not really using it as a means to get abs or anything (otherwise i'd have went all out and also started a weight loss diet to see best results), mostly to stay fit and have a good, strong workout to start my day.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I think that first video is perfectly memorised in my brain at this point ahahahah :')

Right now my exercise routine is running every 2nd day and doing core and strength exercises on the other days + 1 day of rest a week! I used to go hiking a few times a week before I started running but now I try to just fit in 1 long hike a week. Also do a lot of stretching / rolling to help with not getting injured. I've also been trying to do cycling recently which will be fun if I can pick it up regularly! I really like exercise so the recent down time I've had due to recovering from surgery has been quite hard but I'm looking forward to resuming soon and potentially expanding into some other sports that are fun. :D

Years
  • I'm starting a routine. 5 mins on the treadmill every other day, when that gets easy I'll go to 10. I wish to get in shape to play soccer.

Years
  • Ab workouts! <3 Oh I miss doing those. I used to do them every day but then suddenly stopped and now I'm about as strong as a pickle. Never had any visible tone either. D;

My main form of exercise is running, because I find it oh so relaxing! I used to go running pretty often, especially during the warmer months. I also like it because it keeps me thin since running burns a ton of calories and especially when you're running for an hour+ like I used to. Lately though, I've been walking more than anything cos I haven't been leaving the house much. X)

Years
  • I've created my own workout since lockdown started and stuck to it pretty much every week, trying to do it 5 times a week, mainly just chest, ab and arm workouts. In normal times though, I go to the gym and play football three times a week, so get pretty good exercise!

Years
  • hey girls during quarantine i started biking almost every day - i do a minimum of 9-10 miles depending on how tired/hungry i get
    it's so much fun

as of today, i've biked 446 miles since May 9th!

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I used to have a workout schedule when I still did archery, but now that I've retired from it I kinda stopped with it. Recently my parents bought a static bike for their own and I started using it too when I feel like it tho.

Back