• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] E3 Day One: Discussion Thread

Years
  • E3 Discussion Thread - Day One

Please use this thread to discuss the happenings of E3 on its first day. As a reminder, this is the day in which the following devs brought their best to the table:

• Microsoft
    • Bethesda
    • Devolver

As it stands, it's been quite the day already and a great start to E3! We've had some pretty big reveals, a vital conference for Microsoft given Sony's lack of attendance and [as I write this] hopefully some exciting stuff from Bethesda. It's the first time I've been quite excited from an E3 show so that's saying something!​

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I'm so happy about Psychonauts 2. It's been a long time of waiting, and it was very cool seeing Tim Schafer after playing so many Lucasarts games.

Years
  • I didn't really watch this live because I'm not particularly the prime demographic for these companies (I don't game on a PC/Xbox so not much Microsoft says interests me, really), but from looking up summaries online it certainly seems like Microsoft had one heck of a showing.

As expected, they seem to have made mention of their next console. According to The Verge, they've included details about the specs of it as well, and it doesn't seem like a slouch in the slightest! No surprise about the raytracing and 8K support either. This is almost a too-obvious message that they want to compete directly with the upcoming PS5 which iirc has some monstrous comparable specs of its own.

The new Elite Wireless controller design also looks pretty cool. Although I won't comment further on that because not being an Xbox player, but I hope it will live up to its claim of providing a better experience over the old controllers.

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I loved watching Keanu Reeves introduce Cyberpunk 2077. The trailer was decent - if that's actual gameplay footage, then the faces look incredible. The voice acting was so-so. And the story is somewhat compelling? I'm still not sure wtf is going on so it's hard to judge. The art style is gorgeous though, of course. And having Keanu as your NPC sidekick the whole game sounds amazing.

Still, I wish we'd seen actual gameplay footage. So far just a trailer and I'm not sold on it.

Also, I hope it comes out for Switch. Otherwise I'll have to buy on PC which I don't really want to do.

(there's no way it's being released on Switch)

Last edited:

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • I loved watching Keanu Reeves introduce Cyberpunk 2077. The trailer was decent - if that's actual gameplay footage, then the faces look incredible. The voice acting was so-so. And the story is somewhat compelling? I'm still not sure wtf is going on so it's hard to judge. The art style is gorgeous though, of course. And having Keanu as your NPC sidekick the whole game sounds amazing.

Still, I wish we'd seen actual gameplay footage. So far just a trailer and I'm not sold on it.

Also, I hope it comes out for Switch. Otherwise I'll have to buy on PC which I don't really want to do.

(there's no way it's being released on Switch)

Keanu Reeves HYPE! But no, that trailer is a 'cinematic' trailer, meaning that it's not actually gameplay footage but rather a cutscene (probably from within the game itself). However, CDPR did present a 50-or-so minute gameplay walkthrough last year at E3, and while it's definitely not indicative of the final product, it does give you a good idea of what you can expect in the new game. Fair warning though, it's got a lot of cursing and otherwise mature content, so tread at your own risk.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Sega HQ person 1: hey you know what we should do
    Sega HQ person 2: what?
    Sega HQ person 1: release PSO2 to the West, BUT only for the Xbone and PC
    Sega HQ person 2: why?
    Sega HQ person 1: to troll PokeCommunity users Nah and Kingsman
    Sega HQ person 2: fuckin' brilliant idea, let's do it!

Years
  • did you buy her game yet?
    rG13Dm2.jpg

Cid

Years
  • Got linked to a trailer for the new game with Keanu Reeves, and I liked how it looked on the thumbnail. Will edit this post after I watch it tomorrow morning for my reactions. Hope I don't forget!

(Seems we can't discuss FF7R and KH3 DLC here yet? That's too bad.)

Edit: I didn't forget! That was a great trailer. The entrance of Keanu's character at the end is quite epic.

Last edited:

Saphron

Suit Dragon
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2023
    People apparently really hate the art and animation of the Battletoads game but I personally really liked it.

And god Bethesda's conference was so awkward with them pretending everything is fine and acting like we still love them and crap.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    There's very little Bethesda can do to restore my faith. Blades just looked so... meh..

Cyberpunk looks dope af tho.

Years
  • Also is it true Bethesda was nothing more than just mobile games? I never really was interested in them to begin with but... I've heard a LOT of bad things about their conference.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Also is it true Bethesda was nothing more than just mobile games? I never really was interested in them to begin with but... I've heard a LOT of bad things about their conference.

They added a battle royale mode to a game which nobody really liked. Because of that people will like the game. I hate myself for it but i kind of like the idea of a fallout battle royale.

They also did this thing. I know this girl is too good for me but I want to marry her. Her game looks cool too,

Years
  • Cyberpunk 2077 is a day one purchase for me and I'm getting it physically for all the swag you get. CDPR will probably show the gameplay that they showed to the press at e3 sometime in the future.

Doom Eternal I will probably get, but when it is around $20.

Back