• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leave some timeless advice for others to see here!

User19sq

If there was a piece of random advice that you'd like to leave behind for other people to find, nobody specifically, then this is the place to do it! You can either leave trivial, silly advice, or actual advice. Whatever you'd like. I'll start:

Never drink orange juice immediately after brushing your teeth. You're gonna have a bad day.

Allen303

A warrior who has lost his ability to fight, is on
    Years
  • Compose music that listeners thought that they are extraordinary on life!
    2. Always respect blastoise

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Do now what you could do tomorrow, if you can't, there's no big loss. But don't procrastinate. That'll cause a big loss

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Everybody makes mistakes while communicating, even those who think they don't. ESPECIALLY those who think they don't.

So, don't just go in assuming they said something bad intentionally. Ask for clarifications. After all, communication is about learning to understand each other.

Years
  • The only thing you know about people online is what they tell you, so please approach people pleasantly. You don't know what their life is like.

User19sq

Sometimes, the hardest things that you don't want to do are the ones most worth doing.

I never knew that about orange juice. I'm baffled.

Yeah, I found that out the hard way...

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    You won't always feel motivated to do a task (schoolwork, exercise etc.) but what's important is realising that you just need the discipline to make yourself start. Once you start, you're likely to see it through.

Throughout life there are times where you'll want to back down from an opportunity (e.g. you might get cold feet before an interview) but I find that most of the time, pushing through that anxiety and giving it a try works out. Similarly, don't be afraid to fail at an opportunity as you'll never know if you could have got it if you didn't try.

No one's mental health is ever your responsibility - it is OK to establish boundaries if someone is asking too much of your support.

Life is a lot better once you learn how to be happy by yourself rather than relying on other people to create your happiness.

Years
  • Don't always assume the worst. Like if someone is rude to you at Walmart, it could easily be because they're generally irritated and not something you did.

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Don't measure yourself by the success or progress of others

Years
  • A qoute I made for those who suffer from mental health.

"The harsh truth we all must know that some don't accept nor understand is we all have a choice. To stand up once again and fight or wallow in our sadness from the pain we endured. As well as pretty much complaining over and over like a broken record to everyone about our problems not doing what others suggest. Saying woe is me, pity me, help me, why won't you help me? All questions that you know can be a simple fix if you choose to change or willing to try. It's goings to be tremendously difficult to stop the pain we feel in our hearts, unbearable, and drive us mad. However, the process of changing one's self can be done in many ways with encouragement from support but mainly it comes down to your willingness to change. To do something about your problems and the dilemma going on in your life. Though know this before you choose to give up and to give in as well wander in the darkness, swallowed by your pain and suffering. Anyone can overcome their struggles you're currently facing, anyone. Heck, It's not going to be easy just like that a simple quick fix as we all wish magically would happen. The journey will be even more unpleasant since you're in the process of changing. Changing yourself for the better choice to live than suffer in your pain and despair is much better you think and would like that to happen for you? They're ups and downs along of course along the way to the path of healing. Since nothing is perfect nor ever will be. Though it can be done if you choose to get up and say enough is enough and do something about your problems in your life. Try and remember that when your struggling and going through a hard time. Do you want to feel better and be happy, or not? That's completely your choice and up to you and only you. Only you can help yourself and fully change your life. Very harsh as it sounds its thought its the absolute truth" - JLA

Back