• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm bored

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • tenor.gif

What do you usually do when you're bored? How often do you find yourself this way? Do you get bored of doing the same thing?

I'm bored pretty much most of the time tbh. It's even worse when I stay up, and everyone goes to bed. There's not many people to chat with. I like to just do my usual routine, but even that gets boring for me. :|

Years
  • What do you usually do when you're bored?

I either try and listen to music on the computer and glean some entertainment off it, go for a walk, draw if I can possibly stomach it, maybe take up a book and sit in the corner, or finally play 3DS if I'm starved for ideas. Sometimes I take the initiative not to be a lazy git and go outside and do exercise. Rubbish joints, though, so it's usually a short-lived thing.

How often do you find yourself this way?

Oh, it varies, certainly. I used to be bored to literal tears -boredom makes me angry, anger makes me furious, fury can make me cry in a macho, artistic kind of way- but these days it's about... once a day? Filling up the dull spaces with books has certainly improved things.

Do you get bored of doing the same thing?

I tend to get a lot of use out of whatever I do. Drawing is a birth-to-death thing, but it's also an activity to be done in bouts. Same with writing. I guess I do burn out my routine. Rebound time is quick, though. I'm back on the old wagon by sundown, usually, unless I'm having one of my urgh-and-argh phases where even breathing gets repetitive and maddening.

I bloody despise boredom. Like disappointment and anger, it's not something I cope well with.

pkmin3033

I tend to browse forums, TV tropes, or Youtube. I don't get bored as often as one might think, because I've gotten very good at occupying myself since I started working - my time is slightly more limited than it used to be so I tend to lose myself in video games. I'm fine with doing the same thing over and over as long as it's engaging.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
  • I get off my ass and go play drums. I wasted far too much of my life just idly browsing social media, hoping something even remotely interesting would come up. Now, if I get bored, I hop on a bus or take a cab to the studio and do something meaningful.

Years
  • browse and post on forums, play MMOs, or just check out youtube....the usual it seems haha. but when i really get bored then i don't want to do anything at all, and in those cases i tend to just sleep (that level of boredom more often happens late enough at night)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I was very bored much of the time, although I received quite a bit at Christmas, so I've been able to keep myself occupied. I can at least be held over until the new semester begins.

When bored, I find that I'll sleep at abnormally early times. Sometimes even during the day.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Playing games, drawing stuff (+researching stuff to get better at it), reading books and at some point I really need to get back into doing some sports. Also just randomly walking around thinking about philosophical/psychological things.
    I'm bored pretty much most of the time tbh. It's even worse when I stay up, and everyone goes to bed. There's not many people to chat with. I like to just do my usual routine, but even that gets boring for me. :|
    Sounds like you need a hobby. I actually recommend doing something that doesn't require internet. It tends to lead you into a position of passivity, which is pretty much the main cause for boredom. Your brain needs to actively do something or else it will make you feel miserable. I don't know about you, but I know that feeling miserable is undesirable. :)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    If I'm home, usually I'll end up falling asleep or looking for something to watch. If I get really bored, I usually waste gas and joyride. Sometimes I'll go to the gym but I have that on a routine so I tend not to unless I get bored close to when I normally would go. Sometimes I just go to a park and take a walk. If I have any design work that I'm expecting to get done, I'll use the time to get some of that done.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I hang out with friends, read books, catch up on TV or YouTube videos or I read about topics that interest me (e.g. history). Sometimes I'll also draw! Have had a lot less opportunity to be bored since a lot of time now gets taken up by studying so most of the time all of these are enough to keep me occupied :')

Metriname

its metr
    Years
  • i mostly just watch youtube videos and visit discord, i find myself bored very often and i do indeed get bored from doing the same thing, but people in discord aren't always the same and youtube videos come in many diverse types, so those things can always kill some time.

Back