• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use Legendary Pokemon on your teams?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    If you've used them, which specifically have you used the most?

For example, I've added Articuno on my team several times during Kanto play-throughs.

I was looking for a final team member on Black/White, and I considered Cobalion. Since I enjoy it's presence in competitive battles. (Although decided against it).

During the Fire Red rematch, I found the level spike was way too high, even after the island sidequests. I used Mewtwo and went through it without needing to grind anything. It's less satisfying, but otherwise I probably would have never completed it.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Not generally, but I did use Articuno one time playing FIre Red Omega, namely because the romhack was already difficult as is and Articuno isn't Mewtwo levels of overpowered, so I saw it as fair. Plus I give it my exp share and by endgame, it was in the 70s while my others were struggling to get past early 50s. And Blue's initial endgame team in FRO is in the 70s as well which is a huge jump from Lance's low level 60s. So basically Articuno despite being considered a bad legendary by many, carried my ass in Omega, basically becoming my own ace pokemon. The only thing that sucked was it ran out of PP real quick and I had no ethers.

I think using some of the trio legends or pokemon like Celebi or Mew isn't that much of an unfair advantage compared to say Mewtwo or Dialga.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I used Suicune on my team once on Crystal bc for some reason there wasn't any other water Pokemon I wanted to use. Other than that the only other time(s) I used a pokemon on my "team" is before i started to actually use a team of Pokemon and just went through the game with my starter and had my "strongest" pokemon as back-up when I got to the elite four (this only happened in Silver and Ruby but it happened)

Years
  • rarely. when i first played omega ruby i used the free latias. it went into my last slot and it was good. even though i had gardevoir. i wanted to use solgaleo when i played sun (even named it nebby ;-;) but i cant be bothered to level it up and i already had alolan raichu. that's right i exchanged a legendary for an alolan raichu :P

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    Mostly. I've used Lunala on Moon and Necrozma-Solgaleo on Ultra Sun. I did catch Yvetal in Y, but I ended up boxing it because my team was pretty solid by then

Years
  • Outside of using a Mew (which I'm pretty sure was hacked) that I got through GTS as an HM slave, the only other legendary I can remember using when it wasn't required was Articuno. I had one that knew Mind Reader and Sheer Cold back on HeartGold, and while it's a bit of a cheap tactic for a guaranteed 2HKO, I did enjoy using it once and a while.

Years
  • used to care a lot about not using legendaries way back in the good ol' days. nowadays, I just don't care and as long as I've beaten the game, I'll use whatever legendaries I want.

after all, what's the use of having event legendaries if they're just going to sit all day in my PC?

Years
  • Generally no! The game is already easy enough, so using a legendary feels wrong. I'll really only use my favorite legends for post game content since I've gotten through the main part of the story by then. Single recent-ish exception I can think of is using the event Victini in B/W. It was too cute to pass up on. <3

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • in the old days

I use to use Rayquaza on my Emerald team a lot, but besides that, nope. Try not to.

Stumpy.

[b][i][color=#330033][font="Lobster Two]The Lone P
    Years
  • I've never used a Legendary on a Single-Player playthrough. I choose to not use any as it seems like it'd make the game a bit too easier. I like to challenge myself by using Pokémon I haven't used a whole lot before.

Years
  • I try not to use them in gym battles and the e4, but it can be fun to take down the random npcs with some Legends.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • The games are getting wayyy too easy so no.
    I used to use them because I really like them (Like Giratina) but I pretty much stopped after generation 5 (The only one was the glitch Mew I got in virtual Yellow).
    I personally don't use them as well... I personally like growing with my Pokemon more.
    They sit in my PC boxes as trophies and untouched.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Other than for storming through replays for post-game content, I haven't used Legendaries/Mythicals for years. Anymore, I'd rather use species that I could imagine myself having as a Trainer/character in the Pokéverse. Using Legendaries/Mythicals feels too unrealistic, imo.

I used to use them though. Ho-Oh was my favorite Pokémon for years, so I used it a lot back in the GSC days. (I think I even hacked one to use in RS at one point.)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Had a killer run with Mesprit back in good old Omega Ruby, and that was my most lengthy use of a Legendary. I've experimented, sure, but a lot of their move pools hold no appeal for me. And through my trials, to me it seems that they're usually on the bulky side but can't swing for peanuts. It's not hit and run - it's stand around for five minutes and fling pebbles. So yes, not to my liking, even if their design warrants a try or two.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • Back when I played the games normally I would! Titular legendaries were fun to use for a reason. Then I started doing nuzlockes and I've used them less and less. Their saving grace is that when I do randomized runs I tend to use them quite a bit just for the sake of... well randomness.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Not in any of my normal runs, but I have used Silvally and Zygarde 10% before, mostly because they're some of the weakest legendaries so it doesn't feel like using a legendary. Eventually, I want to use every legendary, simply because it'll be fun to destroy the game with some of the stronger ones.

Back