Male
Asia
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
2,849 posts
4.8 Years
Spoiler:

Found this on twitter.
This is very interesting and actually makes me look back over these past few generations' worth of 'mons. I... actually like the design shift but idk, I'm not blessed with those artsy eyes hahaha.

What are your opinions?

Sheep

Female
Cape Town
Online now
Posted 2 Hours Ago
25,926 posts
12.7 Years
Interesting image! I didn't think of this at all. Definitely prefer the simpler, more rounded and cute Pokémon they've been introducing. More sharp and detailed are definitely not my thing, going by the examples. ): I do adore small and cute things though, so my taste could be very different from some others.

pair family mal llsif bandori ffxiv art
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

bobandbill

This is fine.

Male
A cape
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
14,691 posts
11.3 Years
I probably prefer the choices done for each Pokemon in the first place. Maybe I'm just too used to them? But some like new!Vulpix look bad to me. =(

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 22
Male
Milaturia.
Online now
Posted 3 Minutes Ago
4,558 posts
10.4 Years
Krabby looks absolutely terrifying in the newer art design, and I'm honestly glad it doesn't actually look like that now. I'm really glad we got the Pokemon designs we did, I'm really not liking the design switch for any of those Pokemon showcased...
Theme: Red
Pair: Green

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
7,881 posts
8.1 Years
Huh, this is really interesting! When you look at it like that the differences become pretty clear.

I tend to like the more cute, rounded Pokémon anyway, so I can’t say I don’t like the overall style change. To me there’s a lot of appeal in a more simplistic design and I’m a big believer of less is more. All that said, the recent Pokémon who are designed to be sharp and angular definitely go above and beyond to fulfill that role, imo.

colours

past our yesterdays

Female
the dream world
Online now
Posted 4 Hours Ago
4,220 posts
14.2 Years
I'm not a designer or anything like that, but I will say that I favour the more cuter designs a lot more, and pretty much always have.

MysticalNinetales

Age 18
Female
Canada
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
529 posts
1.5 Years
While I love the cute and simplistic designs, I particularly prefer more heavily detailed, intricate pokemon designs a bit more!

Ash

L I A R

Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
13,206 posts
10.9 Years
Pidgey in the newer style is extremely cute and must now be protected. Krabby and Vulpix though idk I prefer (at least from the examples above ofc) the older designs. Vulpix moreso than Krabby.

Overall though I'm also more of a fan of the more cutesy designed Pokemon rather than the more intricate ones. Like overall all the cutesy ones in the example look better than the three later generation Pokemon in the more intricate style.
the world could be tricking you right now
and you wouldn't even know it

mod - smt - vpp - nerd

Pokedigifan1178

Most powerful being in fiction

Male
Ellicott City, Maryland
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
292 posts
197 Days
Pokémon designs have gone downhill from the start. One of the reasons I'm not really interested in anything introduced after Johto...
don't forget how they say each new gen pokemon looks like a digimon.

which makes no sense

I am the One Above All. I see through many eyes. I build with many hands. They are themselves, but they are also me. I am all-powerful. My only weapon is love. The mystery intrigues me.

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
7,881 posts
8.1 Years
Some newer designs definitely aren't the most inventive, but I think people tend to view them with some bias nostalgia glasses. Both new and old designs look well done, and the art itself has improved over time imo. I mean, it's been what, 15+ years since R/S/E was released? Doesn't that include them into the pantheon of 'vintage' Pokemon designs?

Advertiser Content