• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Anime Chat Café

Years
The movies are higher budget and can probably afford more expensive and well known voice actors, so.

I can see where you're going, but I feel we won't see any expensive VAs with the Sun & Moon movies due to the huge failure of the entire XY movie trio.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Can anyone find a list of voice actors for Sun and Moon now? Episodes just offically aired, but can't find them and the credits don't say who is who.

I know Ash stays the same. Bonnie's voice actor I think returns, but I do not know for who. Mallow sounds familiar, but not sure who she is. Lillie's voice sounds a lot like Serena's, but I think it is actually Miete's voice actor.

I think Prof. Oak is Prof. Oak and not sure on Kukui.

Years
Can anyone find a list of voice actors for Sun and Moon now? Episodes just offically aired, but can't find them and the credits don't say who is who.

I know Ash stays the same. Bonnie's voice actor I think returns, but I do not know for who. Mallow sounds familiar, but not sure who she is. Lillie's voice sounds a lot like Serena's, but I think it is actually Miete's voice actor.

I think Prof. Oak is Prof. Oak and not sure on Kukui.

I know Bulbapedia hasn't posted all the confirmed S/M voices yet, but it does mention Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld (Bonnie's VA) is voicing Sophocles (along with Mallow's Bounsweet). Lillie is voiced by a new VA called Laurie Hymes. Kiawe is voiced by Marc Swint who is another new VA. The other English voices are unknown at this stage.

Kinda shocked Sarah Natochenny is still voicing Ash, considering Ash's voice in the English trailer sounded a bit different than Sarah's usual Ash voice. Maybe Ash's significantly younger-looking redesign has prompted her to perform a different accent for Ash.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Well Mallow sounds extremely familiar so I am thinking it is someone who has been in the show before or other shows. Then again, if you are right about Lillie, she sounds a lot like Serena.

But are you sure about Lillie? I thought Laurie Hymes was Topu Koko's voice actor.

Mallow might be Alexa's voice actor from XY like I listed above.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I can't believe how much she sounds like Serena. I have seen other people mention it as well.

Going back in episodes with Alexa, I am almost 100% sure Alexa = Mallow, which I am really glad for. I love her voice acting and it was a bit disappointing when she only appeared every now and then.

So that leaves Lana. But she didn't really talk enough in the first 2 episodes to really hear her voice. I will say that she seems a bit younger than the other cast.

Also, with Ash saying is is taking the trial challenge, does that confirm that he is indeed 11? Also, it seems like Kiawe is the only Trial Captain right now.

Years
Also, with Ash saying is is taking the trial challenge, does that confirm that he is indeed 11? Also, it seems like Kiawe is the only Trial Captain right now.

Bulbapedia states Ash is 10. While they don't have official pages (or in fact canonical names) of the SM game protagonists yet, the game protagonist is confirmed to be 11.

Maybe Ash got recognized with potential that doesn't need age or something like that.

Edit: Another SM English dub voice confirmed! Michele Knotz is voicing Bewear.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I wanted to make 1 last post about the known voice actors thanks to Hikamaru, Bulbapedia and Poke Wikia.

Ash - Stays the same.
Lillie - Laurie Hymes, new VA, who sounds very closely to Serena. (Voice of Mable in XYZ)
Lana - Rosie Reyes, Seems to be a new VA. I cannot seem to find anything on her.
Mallow - Jessica Paquet, the person who voiced Kidd in Lucario movie, and Alexa in BWXYZ.
Kiawe - Marc Swint, has been the voice actor of many Abridged series.
Sophocles - Alison Leigh Rosendfeld, VA of Bonnie in XY and XYZ.
Jessie, James, and Meowth - All seem to stay the same.
Bewear - Jessie's VA.
Bounsweet - Bonnie's VA
Prof. Samson Oak - Unknow (Possibly the same as normal Oak.)
Prof. Kukui - Unknown
Team Skull Blue Haired Male - Seems to be Natsu's or Gray's VA from Fairy Tail. So Natsu and Gray's VA might be a larger part in the future.
Team Skull Heavy Set Male - Might be Meowth's VA.
Female Team Skull Grunt - Unknown

Lillie's voice actor was Mable from Team Flare.
Jessie's Voice Actor has confirmed she is the voice of Bewear. She confirmed that she was not the voice actor of any of the starter pokemon.

If Hala and any other big characters come up, I will see if I can find out who they are. Especially ones that may reoccur such as Hau and Gideon.

Last edited:
Years
So you may have heard that Pokemon is moving networks in the US, from Cartoon Network to Disney XD. Well, it turns out Pokemon is changing networks in Australia as well, with Channel Nine now acquiring the broadcasting rights of the upcoming Pokemon The Series: Sun & Moon and is currently reairing Pokemon The Series: XY (Season 17) and all the Pokemon movies.

Network Ten had been Australia's free-to-air broadcaster for Pokemon ever since the dub started, and it's hard to believe it's changing networks after 20 years. Pokemon is airing on Nine's GO! channel, as part of a new kids programming block.

Funny that like Disney XD in the US, this means we have Pokemon and Yo-Kai Watch now sharing a channel in Australia as well.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
It isn't too big of a surprise, I just think they are shaking everything up since it is obvious that the show is aimed at the younger fans now. I just think Pokemon is going to a massive stage with it is explosive return to popularity so they might be changing to stations that has more viewers.

Also, I sent a message to Michele Knotz, VA of Jessie, on twitter. I asked if she happened to know the voices of Prof. Kukui and the Grunts. She said she wasn't sure herself, but she would try to figure out. So that tell me that Kukui's VA is new.

I still think that the Grunts for at least the Blue Haired one is Gray or Natsu from Fairy Tail, but this also possibly confirms that Meowth's VA is not the bigger male grunt.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 6, 2017
So you may have heard that Pokemon is moving networks in the US, from Cartoon Network to Disney XD. Well, it turns out Pokemon is changing networks in Australia as well, with Channel Nine now acquiring the broadcasting rights of the upcoming Pokemon The Series: Sun & Moon and is currently reairing Pokemon The Series: XY (Season 17) and all the Pokemon movies.

Network Ten had been Australia's free-to-air broadcaster for Pokemon ever since the dub started, and it's hard to believe it's changing networks after 20 years. Pokemon is airing on Nine's GO! channel, as part of a new kids programming block.

Funny that like Disney XD in the US, this means we have Pokemon and Yo-Kai Watch now sharing a channel in Australia as well.

Do you know what date the show officially switches to those broadcasters??

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
Recent interview from Yajima (XY Director) revealed some interesting stuff (translated by Dephender from Serebii):

Spoiler:

Some of this is interesting, some of it makes me think 'wait...what?' It's kind of annoying that after this I think XY could have been a lot better than what we were given.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 6, 2017
Nine's youth-focused 9GO! channel is currently reairing Season 17 (Pokemon The Series: XY) since last month. The Sun & Moon series will be coming a few months later.

Thanks, I live in Aus, kinda weird cause GO used to be a teenager/adult channel. But I'm not complaining about having Pokemon on free to air lol.

Years
Some great news for Aussie fans of Pokemon right now, because Nine's sister channel 9GO! is reairing the Indigo League episodes Mon-Fri mornings at 7.30am.

I saw that very first episode all over again and was reminded of how different Pokemon was when I was nearly 5. Having Nebby being attacked by Spearow reminded me so much of this episode so it was nice reliving that moment.

So, PSA to any Pokemon anime watchers in Australia if you're reading, especially with 2017 being the 20th anniversary of the Pokemon anime celebrated in such a great way.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
Shame I won't be able to watch. If I'm not at work, I am never up that early.
I wish Netflix would add more of the Pokemon series.

Years
Awesome! The Indigo episodes were 10/10 and absolutely hilarious/entertaining. Good for those Aussies who can watch those re-runs.

I'm really happy with the SuMo series so far. Lillie and her Alolan Vulpix are very precious to me right now, and I plan to keep up with the series until the end. Since I have today and Monday off from work, I shall be going through the episodes I missed. :>

Years
Shame I won't be able to watch. If I'm not at work, I am never up that early.
I wish Netflix would add more of the Pokemon series.

The official Pokemon website has pretty much all the previous saga episodes up, so you can go there and get your chance to binge on those classic episodes.

Awesome! The Indigo episodes were 10/10 and absolutely hilarious/entertaining. Good for those Aussies who can watch those re-runs.

I'm really happy with the SuMo series so far. Lillie and her Alolan Vulpix are very precious to me right now, and I plan to keep up with the series until the end. Since I have today and Monday off from work, I shall be going through the episodes I missed. :>

I was surprised Lillie's Vulpix actually got a nickname as well, its name is "Shiron" which comes from the Japanese words meaning "white" and "roll over", the latter a reference to its egg. The name is definitely going to get changed in the dub though.

Back