• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Anime Chat Café

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Pokemon Anime hasn't introduced new Pokeballs since the Johto saga, so I highly doubt we'll be seeing Ash with anything besides a Pokeball, sadly. The only time different pokeballs were shown recently was in the Pokeball factory episode, but they weren't used in battle, so.

Years
You know what I'm going to miss most after this week's XY finale? Cute faces from my fave cute female lead Serena.

tumblr_nl3unuWiKh1tf8d7eo1_500.gif

This blushing always won me over.

tumblr_nl3upr0Cfu1tf8d7eo1_500.gif

Even when she's concerned she still pulls the cuteness off.

tumblr_nl42o8cBsN1s1wf6ro1_500.gif

Cuteness that comes with determination.

tumblr_nnzs8vMf7o1tf8d7eo1_500.gif

Cute cute hugs all around!

tumblr_njnzgcOXHn1u5jsgpo1_500.gif

Cuteness that is part of her style, which makes her who she is.

tumblr_nndkhjM4FS1tf8d7eo5_500.gif

Cuteness when she knows she's won Ash's heart.

tumblr_nl3x2ryaKy1u5jsgpo1_500.gif

Cuteness that comes from having Pokemon for friends.

tumblr_nl3uggGSyO1tf8d7eo1_500.gif

And then you have this cute face when she recognizes her idol Aria was the one who gave helpful advice.

While I am hoping to see cuteness from the Alola girls (Mallow, Lana and Lillie) I will miss you so much, Serena.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I am almost possitive we will see the cuteness for Lillie. Mallow and Lana maybe, but I think that will be more so for LIllie.

I really really want to hear their voices to see who the Dub Voice Actors are. I just found out that Tierno had the same voice as Natsu in the Dub, so I am hoping to get even more of those big anime voices.

Speaking of which, who would yall love to be the voice actors for the new Sun and Moon Dub? I will have to go through a list of anime voice actors to figure all of them out.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
I am almost possitive we will see the cuteness for Lillie. Mallow and Lana maybe, but I think that will be more so for LIllie.

I really really want to hear their voices to see who the Dub Voice Actors are. I just found out that Tierno had the same voice as Natsu in the Dub, so I am hoping to get even more of those big anime voices.

Speaking of which, who would yall love to be the voice actors for the new Sun and Moon Dub? I will have to go through a list of anime voice actors to figure all of them out.

The same person who voiced Miette in the Sub also voices Lillie Some people don't give up on Ash.

Just so long as we don't get Lisa Ortiz...I could close my eyes and not tell the difference between Korrina, Amy Rose and Serenity Wheeler *shudders*

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
For the different pokeballs thing, with Sun and Moon having NPCs use different pokeballs, perhaps they will do that in the anime as well.

I could see it. It be nice to see each pokemon get a special ball of it's own imo.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
While I am hoping to see cuteness from the Alola girls (Mallow, Lana and Lillie) I will miss you so much, Serena.

I feel like we're going to get some great reaction gifs from the Alola girls, based on what we have seen from the trailers! Especially from Lillie's funny faces, haha.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I am back with a voice actor that I think would be perfect for Lillie or Mallow.

I think Carrie Savage would be great. She has played small voice acting roles in pokemon before in BW and XY. Making her a main character would be great.

Actually she would be great for Lana, Mallow or Lillie.

She is also the voice actor of Lisanna in Fairy Tail.
I'd like Ash to stay the same.
I think the person who is the voice of Piccolo in DBZ would be good for Kiawe. Or the guy who voices Cyborg in Teen Titans, however, that guy is busy with the Walking Dead.

The female who plays Asuna and Lucy voice actors in SAO and FT I think would also be great for one of the females, but I feel she is way too busy as she has been in countless animes as the female main.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I am back with a voice actor that I think would be perfect for Lillie or Mallow.

I think Carrie Savage would be great. She has played small voice acting roles in pokemon before in BW and XY. Making her a main character would be great.

Actually she would be great for Lana, Mallow or Lillie.

She is also the voice actor of Lisanna in Fairy Tail.
I'd like Ash to stay the same.
I think the person who is the voice of Piccolo in DBZ would be good for Kiawe. Or the guy who voices Cyborg in Teen Titans, however, that guy is busy with the Walking Dead.

The female who plays Asuna and Lucy voice actors in SAO and FT I think would also be great for one of the females, but I feel she is way too busy as she has been in countless animes as the female main.

Kiwae sounding like Piccolo is something I'd like to see now. Those are pretty good choices imo for actors. We'll see them soon enough.

Years
Interesting speculations for the dub voices, but I feel we'll just get a lot of random new VAs that we haven't even heard of, because XY dub had a lot of random new VAs that haven't been in Pokemon previously.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
They could replace a lot to all of the dub VA's, did not care for them in XY dub at all.

EXcept Tierno, they can have Natsu anytime!

Years
I know Sarah Natochenny will likely stay on to voice Ash again, even if I think her voice would not suit Ash's new "younger-looking" SM design.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I just wish the Pokemon dub brought in professional voice actors like Troy Baker, Laura Bailey, Steve Blum, and Tara Strong instead of random people they picked from the streets. And they must make sure they're given roles where their voices actually match the appearance of the characters' appearances (like they did with Clemont). I really can't imagine Chris Sabat voicing Kiwae, as his voice is too deep to suit his appearance.

Years
  • Age 121
  • Seen Nov 8, 2016
Where was Serena sitting?

Where was Serena sitting?

Well... She sat(oshi) on Ashes

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I just wish the Pokemon dub brought in professional voice actors like Troy Baker, Laura Bailey, Steve Blum, and Tara Strong instead of random people they picked from the streets. And they must make sure they're given roles where their voices actually match the appearance of the characters' appearances (like they did with Clemont). I really can't imagine Chris Sabat voicing Kiwae, as his voice is too deep to suit his appearance.

Those big names are by and large outside the budget of a studio that only dubs a single show and the movies tied to that show.

And it's not like the VAs are literally people they pick up off the streets. The VAs they use are people who audition for the role and probably are people who do theatre, radio, or viral video voice acting when not voicing characters for a TV show.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I have to agree that Chris Sabat's voice I think is a bit too deep. But I can imagine Kiawe's voice being deep. But I think Chris's is too deep. I almost didn't mention him, but decided to anyway.

I do wish they would give us a Dub trailer so we can get an idea of the voice actors at least.

A lot of the anime dub actors have been the same in a ton of shows. I think the cast of SAO have been in like 10 to 15 animes together.

Speaking of SAO, another match might be Patrick Seitz who was the voice of Agil in SAO. Also Laxus in Fairy Tail. But again, not sure that would match him to much.

I think maybe some of the names I am mentioning are a bit too big for Pokemon, but with the explosive popularity of pokemon returning, some of them may have signed on.

You'd be surprised at some of the voice actors who have played in a few episode of pokemon. Tierno was the biggest surprise when I found out it was him.

Back