• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Anime Chat Café

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
  • Last edited:

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Oh yeah.

What did I listen to? Sun and Moon's Japanese intro gets you hyped up! This makes me want to turn it off.

EDIT: It's grown on me. Prefer Alola!! (the JPN version) but this looks like it's going to be a guilty pleasure.

Last edited:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • What did I listen to? Sun and Moon's Japanese intro gets you hyped up! This makes me want to turn it off.

EDIT: It's grown on me. Prefer Alola!! (the JPN version) but this looks like it's going to be a guilty pleasure.

While I'm not exactly the huuuugest fan of this song haha, it at least seems (to me, anyway) like an improvement from the dub XY&Z opening. xD; Also, the instrumental is alright in my books!

Oh yeah, and I'm really surprised that the dub ending credits is using footage from the actual Japanese ending, "Pose." Is this their first time doing this? Even during the 4Kids era, I'm pretty sure they've only ever used a shortened version of the opening footage, if not a black screen. :P

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • While I'm not exactly the huuuugest fan of this song haha, it at least seems (to me, anyway) like an improvement from the dub XY&Z opening. xD; Also, the instrumental is alright in my books!

Oh yeah, and I'm really surprised that the dub ending credits is using footage from the actual Japanese ending, "Pose." Is this their first time doing this? Even during the 4Kids era, I'm pretty sure they've only ever used a shortened version of the opening footage, if not a black screen. :P

I stand tall because I know I'm a winner!
    Spoiler:

Yeah, it's the first time they show animation on the end credits. Makes a nice change from a black screen.

Years
  • Oh yeah, and I'm really surprised that the dub ending credits is using footage from the actual Japanese ending, "Pose." Is this their first time doing this? Even during the 4Kids era, I'm pretty sure they've only ever used a shortened version of the opening footage, if not a black screen. :P

Yes, this is actually the first dub season of the TPCi era to not be a simple black screen on the end credits. 4Kids seasons had scenes from the opening credits on the side in their end credits, but TPCi's didn't feel very lively with that plain black background. Sun & Moon has been nothing but drastic changes everywhere - first, change of the anime format, moving to a new channel and now dub end credits with no black screen.

Also, is it me or am I actually disappointed with this dub opening titles? There's a notable lack of vocals on the theme song there.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Since we're still on the topic of English openings and whatnot, I happened to stumble upon this and found it to be super, super catchy!

(Figured I'd post it here if anyone wanted to compare it to "Alola!!" or the actual dub opening. xP)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    hmm I haven't heard the dub themes yet! Must listen when I get the chance.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2022
    Maybe it's just me but I'm actually slowly starting to like the Sun and Moon series so far at least as of now.

Years
  • The Sun & Moon series has had a couple of changes with the writing team, as follows.

Shinjo Fujita (the infamous writer behind the badly-written Kalos League finals two-parter) got dumped from the writing team. Definitely deserved the punishment for promoting all that false hope which led to the biggest outcry from the PokeAni fandom to date.

On the other hand, the SM series gets two new writers in Junichi Fujisaku and Ayumi Sekine.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Who is actually disappointed that Ash won't have Brock and Misty for companions?

I but not too much, I hope we see them as gym leaders.

This seems like an alternate universe if anything, considering the drastic changes.

which means we've been through twenty years of filler, ffff

Years
  • Misty's main reason for leaving Ash was to focus on being a Gym Leader, but I do agree that this movie seems to be nothing but an alternate universe or different continuity from the main anime.

Especially when you take into account that the movies don't tend to be ruled as canon.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am thinking that all of the 7th Gen Movies may be linked similar to the SInnoh movies for his entire journey for Kanto and maybe Johto. I am honestly hoping for this. I think there is too much to cover in a single movie and I would really love to revisit Johto.

And by the looks of the SM Saga, we are going to be in it for at least 2 years possibly. So having 2 more movies that follow I Choose You's storyline would be nice. Would LOVE to see a battle between Necrozoma and Ho-oH like in SM TCG Set 3. (I think it's set 3)

As for new characters, I don't mind. I always enjoy new traveling companions and the new characters seem promising.

Years
  • Figured I'd bump the thread because a long-running English voice actor of the Pokemon anime was revealed to have recently retired from voice acting.

That legend was Kayzie Rogers, who voiced Jessie's Wobbuffet in what had been 15 years that he has been on Jessie's team. While Rogers left the series for a while in the first DP season, with the voice being provided by reused footage, this latest change is definitely the biggest change in dub VAs to not be related to the changing of nearly the entire voice cast when TPCi took over the dub in 2006 (though some 4Kids VAs did return starting in DP: Battle Dimension when DuArt took over as the main dubbing studio) so it's definitely worth a topic.

In case if anyone's wondering who the new voice for Wobbuffet is, it's Erica Schroeder who had previously voiced characters such as Nurse Joy (AG series), Fantina and two prominent cast members in Best Wishes, those being Bianca and Ash's Unfezant. She was previously credited as Bella Hudson during the 4Kids era.

Wobbuffet wasn't the only notable role played by Rogers, she also voiced Ash in the initial dubbed version of Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon, until being replaced by Sarah Natochenny in a re-released version, who is now the Ash we know today.

Rogers retired near the end of last year, back when the SM episodes were still in the process of the dubbed versions being worked on. May we remember her legacy on the anime.

What were your best memories of Kayzie Rogers in the Pokemon anime? Which characters do you think were her most memorable performances?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I still feel like the SM anime is a blatant attempt to make Pokémon more like Yokai Watch. In several ways, after having watched SM for a while now, I miss the old style of the anime. In other ways, the new one is better.

Back