• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do you think you'll play ORAS now that SM is out?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • Either by playing an old file for some reason or restarting a new journey?

I can definitely see myself going back. It's my favorite game, after all, and SM is great but I'm going to wait to rank SM after the new hype has settled so I can judge it fairly.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2017
    I reset my copy of Alpha Sapphire, and it's got half a dozen event Legendaries on it just waiting to be claimed. I will almost certainly replay it in light of this, although if I want to replay a Hoenn title I am still far more likely to go with Emerald.

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
    Years
  • Yeah I am because battling my friends on there is a lot more comfortable than using the festival plaza. Outside of that I don't have any plans of replaying it, probably once I'm able to transfer my pokemon in January will be when I fully transition.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It will probably be some time before I revisit ORAS, but I definitely will at one point! Those games are in my top 5 so I do enjoy playing through them every now and then.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • So sad :( But glad a few people won't be leaving it behind! I'm pretty excited to transfer over some mons because then I can finally reset the game haha.

Years
  • Maybe, but probrably gonna focus on catching 3 IV'S pokemon than i can't find in Sun/moon so when the pokebank update arrive i can transfer them! Who knows maybe gonna restart a game multiple time as well so i can have alot of those pokemon bank up! :P

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
  • I'll come back to replay Omega Ruby someday. Once I can carry over my Pokemon into Sun/Moon, I'm going to most likely erase my save and come back when I feel it's time to revisit Hoenn once more.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Ofc I will. I'll even play it more often than when ORAS came out. Since I'll be using my OR for challenge runs, I'll be playing the story numerous times now.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I still have plenty of things left to do on ORAS. Contests especially. And shiny hunting/breeding. I'm far from being done with any of the DS/3DS main series games even with S/M's release :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'll play it, because I still haven't started OR yet d:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'll also probably still play it, just because I never got all the way through it in the first place. Didn't impress me enough. D: So I'm still pushing through, but Moon takes priority right now.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Highly unlikely. I'm Hoenn-d out for at least 2 years. Couldn't even begin to think of a unique team to run through the games with.

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
    Years
  • I really wanna pick Omega Ruby up again. I had so many plans to chain with the DexNav and everything but at only around 50-60 hours I believe I haven't really played it since (the reason to this baffles even me, I have over 200 hours on both Emerald and Y, and around 40-50 on Moon without beating pokemon league)

I do need to play more of it, Hoenn is my favourite region~

Years
  • To be honest, I love Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby. <3 I've taken a break from S/M because I'm struggling to come up with a team and have been playing my AS and Diamond. :)

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Normally I'd say no since I usually focus on the newest games, but considering that my top three most favorite Megas aren't even obtainable in SM... I'm gonna have to say yeah, I probably will play ORAS, even if just a little bit. There are definitely some Pokémon I won't be transferring due to their Mega Stones not being in gen 7 (yet). I'll probably try to get them the Contest Star ribbon. Not to mention that I have a ton of event Pokémon that I still haven't picked up from the delivery person.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • I started Alpha Sapphire again today and I'm amazed at how quickly I've gotten used to SM. It all looks and feels a bit strange.

Back