• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Mantine Surf

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Mantine Surf was an added ride Pokemon in US/UM. You are required to use it in order to get to Akala Island. Afterwards, you can use it to get Beach Points.

Did you make use of Mantine Surf outside of the requirement of using it to get to the next island?

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Yes, I completed all of the courses and eventually gained the high score in all of the courses in order to get the Surf Pikahu holding a Gold Bottle Cap.

The Mantine Surf was a pretty easy way to grind BP. I used the BP quite a lot in my most recent Ultra Sun playthrough to learn moves from the Move Tutors on the different beaches.

The whole minigame itself was okay, though I did tend to get frustrated at times when I constantly kept bumping into the Tentacool hazards. I eventually managed to overcome that problem though.

Years
  • honestly, i loved mantine surf! idk, i thought it was a fun little mini-game to tie alongside getting to island to island, even if it is faster to get there via charizard. mantine is just more fun and adds a bit more to that alola culture that i think is overlooked. o:

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Snagged the Surfing Pikachu. Mainly Mantine Surfs for BP. Pushed to improve for more BP. Finds it interesting in small doses. Becomes repetitive after two or three rides.

High scores
    Big Wave Beach (Melemele): 32688 points
    Heahea Beach (Akala): 132915 points
    Ula'ula Beach (Ula'Ula): 204400 points
    Poni Beach (Poni): 177301 points

Focused mainly on Ula'ula's beach. Rides long enough to hit the 50 BP cap consistently. Throws far fewer obstacles at you than Poni Beach too.

agravedigger

Fossil Maniac
    Years
  • it's a cute concept reminiscent of surfing pikachu minigame, but since I mostly focus on shiny hunting and nuzlocking, I didn't really go back too many times.

Years
  • I planned to do it more later in the game, but feel bad that I just…didn't. Not sure if I did it at all outside at the beginning. Planning on trying it out properly when I eventually replay but not sure when that will be. :x

Years
  • Gonna do more of it when I eventually knock out the main storyline for sure. The minigame's pretty awesome, and doesn't lag! High praise from me~

Years
  • I was gonna return to it when I beat the game, but just never did lol
    It's not a bad minigame though, more just that I forgot xD

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I only did it once because it was required. I didn't really got into it...

Years
  • i played it to get the Surfing Pikachu. It didn't really get me. I think that's part of the reason why I m not a fan of gen 7. Tbh gen 4 minor games really got me, from making poffins and contests to underground. I remember spending much time there, even with friends. It's my personal experience tho. THe fact that I wasn't a child anymore could have affected that too. (even tho I embarrassingly still enjoy making poffins and contest and underground lol)

Years
    • Seen today
    It was a fun and quick way to earn BP for move tutors, certain items and Ability capsules, and it was available before the post-game... so yeah, it was amazing and I wish every game had something like that.

Back