• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PCL] IMPORTANT: PCL Reorganization and Auction Signups (Please rejoin here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    PCL Reorganization and Auction Signups

Hello, PCL! The PCL Championships recently concluded, and the Ghosts of Perdition clan emerged victorious. Congratulations to GoP and its members!

Even with the conclusion of the months-long Championship, PCL is not discontinuing activity. We are going to jump into an offseason full of events and activities before the Championships resume. In order to do that successfully, though, we need to perform some housekeeping. Based on internal discussion and user feedback, we concluded that PCL needs to be downsized both in its number of clans and its number of members. In particular, we want to make sure that there aren't any inactive users so that PCL clans have better team cohesion and turnout.

That is where this thread comes in. We are asking that everyone who wants to continue with PCL sign up again here. This is something of a formality, but we want to make sure people explicitly opt in and commit to being active participants in the League. (Or, put in opposite terms, we want to give people who are no longer interested in the League the opportunity not to sign back up.) Our ideal number is 4 clans with 7 members each, for a total of 28 members, but we will remain flexible. Even if you are not a returning member, you are free to sign up, but members who have been active in the last PCL Championships will be given priority over new sign-ups.
    Activity Requirements

Furthermore, there are minimum activity requirements for signing up and being accepted into the League so that each clan is active and cohesive. The requirements are as follows:

- You must be either an active poster in the Battling & Team Building forum and/or an active Battle Server regular. Unfortunately, in order to safeguard the League's activity, we felt compelled to restrict the League to existing community members.
    - You must have a minimum of 100 posts on the forum. However, if you are a returning member from one of the original PCL clans and have good record of activity during the Championships, you will be exempt from this requirement.

We (Anti, Chase, and wolf) reserve the right to deny users entry on these grounds, though we do not anticipate needing to do so for any of our returning members who haven't already indicated in some way or another that they are no longer interested.

If you are interested in joining and are unsure if you meet these requirements, please sign up anyway and we will consider it!
    Signup Form

In order to sign up for the League, please fill out the form below, even if you are a returning member:

Pokémon Showdown username(s):
    Time zone:

Once we reach a round number for clans, we will be holding an auction. For now though, we are just looking to get a list of who will be participating in the League going forward.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Here's hoping I can get better this season.

Pokémon Showdown username(s): O'aka XXIII
    Time zone: UTC -4

srinator

Time zone: gmt+5.30

Etherion

Time zone: GMT +8

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Well ive been steadily growing and i wanna keep battling and doing better so heres to hoping ill do better this time around!
    Pokémon Showdown username(s): Dedenne1
    Time zone: EST (USA, Canada)

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I hope I meet requirements.

Pokémon Showdown username(s): Lost Heart
    Time zone: EST (USA)

Sirfetch’d

I am returning as a clan head but going to sign up for timezone and showdown name purposes

Showdown Username: Castform
    Timezone: Central(US&Canada)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    PS Username: Therf
    Timezone: UTC+01

Also, can we, please, use the same timezone format, this time? All this UTC, GMT, ESP, PSI, ABC is just urghh...

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • PS Username: Therf
    Timezone: UTC+01

Also, can we, please, use the same timezone format, this time? All this UTC, GMT, ESP, PSI, ABC is just urghh...

Yeah, I plan on converting everything to either UTC or GMT around the time of the auction (once we know who will be in the League) and then updating the Clan Directory accordingly.

Also, since I'm posting, I might as well say here that I will be handing off the Ghosts of Perdition clan to wolf once he returns to full activity, as I will be more or less leaving PC upon returning to school. I will still play a part in running the League and organizing events for the offseason, but I will not have anything close to enough time to participate fully.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Just don't get too flexible with the number of people

Pokémon Showdown username(s): Zekrom52
    Time zone: UTC -4 (US EST)

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Unsure if you're willing to take me since I wasn't fully active last season. I think I've only played as a merc, but I do plan on participating full time this season. :p

Pokémon Showdown username(s): Zeffy
    Time zone: GMT+8

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2015
    Pokémon Showdown username(s): Lelouch84
    Time zone: Eastern Time (US)
    Note: I am new to this site but I have been a consistently active member of another competitive Pokemon experience and can provide references if necessary.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Pokémon Showdown username(s): Wicked3DS
    Time zone: EDT/UTC -4

Hoping to improve from my noob status :P

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • if you include wolf and dragon (who haven't signed up in this thread but will be clan heads), we have 17 people. the minimum to make pcl a functioning entity is 20, though we really want 24 so that each team will have someone to sub out. i'll probably message a few of the more active players from last pcl and see if they want to play. once we get to either 20 or 24, we'll proceed with the auction.

Years
  • Exams are over, and I can finally be active. (not sure if i'll be accepted though, i wasn't really active before)

Pokémon Showdown username(s): Sandwich King, Lati
    Time zone: GMT+8

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back