• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gender Identity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I agree with Enpatsu, what's with all this CIS nonsense?

I'm simply female, never questioned my gender identity or sexuality (which is hetero).

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I see myself as my own gender for sure. It just wouldn't be 'me' to live without stuff like make up and dresses and the color pink xD

However, I hold nothing against people who are trans/see themselves as a different gender overall. I have had several trans female friends, too, and they were very nice people :)

pkmin3033

I have no gender identity, other than what other people keep assigning me I suppose....for me, gender identity has always been about what other people perceive me as, rather than how I perceive myself.

I identify as an individual, not a gender - my physical characteristics are just something I was born with and in no way affect my personality or the way I perceive myself. I honestly don't care much for it; it's just another label that I don't embrace on a personal level.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I did some think adventuring believing I maybe could feel comfortable calling myself demigirl or agender, but honestly I concluded that there wasn't much of a point to that. Because I can just be a female, a girl, because that's what my biology looks like and - like Meyneth says - how people will naturally adress me as when they meet me and assume when they see or hear me, and my gender won't really have to affect what I should like or wear or how I should act. It's just a label for the sake of convenience, biology, medicine, sexuality etc etc. and I can do whatever I want regardless of how I was born. :)

For example, I was never quite keen on displaying my gender symbol in these forum postbits. Might be awkward if somebody refers to me as a "he" or "they" but it isn't a biggie really, and I'd rather that happen than them assuming I should be a certain way just because there's a feminine symbol next to my username.

Last edited:

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Years
I'm just a cis male. Sometimes I think about shaving my legs or wearing feminine clothes but I've never felt uncomfortable being a guy. The signs of dysphoria have never occurred in me and I doubt they ever will. (If this comes across as intolerant, I apologize. That wasn't my intention. I just wanted to share my experience with questioning my gender).

Last edited:
Years
I agree with Enpatsu, what's with all this CIS nonsense?

I'm simply female, never questioned my gender identity or sexuality (which is hetero).

It means a person who isn't trans so people won't say that being trans is abnormal

I'm bigender

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
It means a person who isn't trans so people won't say that being trans is abnormal

I'm bigender

CIS was actually a new concept to me at the time. But I mean, isn't saying you are male or female enough without having to differentiate it further from the other gender identities? Someone who is transgender could say "I identify as male/female", and that more or less clarifies that they are trans.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
My sex is male, I am predominantly masculine, and I am sexually attracted to females.

Last edited:
Years
Well, I'm a girl and always thought of myself in this way so I guess you would call me cis female. I didn't know these terms before the thread, but I am happy to learn them, and now share with other people.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I recognize the terms from organic chemistry, cis vs trans isomers and all that. I never knew it applied to straight people

Years
CIS was actually a new concept to me at the time. But I mean, isn't saying you are male or female enough without having to differentiate it further from the other gender identities? Someone who is transgender could say "I identify as male/female", and that more or less clarifies that they are trans.

We don't identify, we are.
And cis isn't an acronym so you don't need to capitalize it

I wish people here would take more time to educate themselves because everyone in this thread sounds so intolerant of even learning about trans people.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
We don't identify, we are.
And cis isn't an acronym so you don't need to capitalize it

I wish people here would take more time to educate themselves because everyone in this thread sounds so intolerant of even learning about trans people.
Those are some strong assumptions about how educated and/or intolerant people here are.

ANYWAY, in regards to your comment 'we don't identify. we are':
A trans male/female is a trans male/female. The trans part is almost always necessary, and absolutely always the reality. A trans will never be the biological sex they try to, or succeed to resemble.
The only time when the 'trans' part is not necessary is when a trans person 'passes' fully as the other sex in society, resemblance-wise, which is pretty damn rare as far as I know. Especially MTFs.
It still doesn't change their biological sex, and they are still a trans person and not biologically the sex they resemble, but for all intents and purposes they will be seen and immediately identified and referred to as that sex *naturally* in society, making the 'trans' part pointless to their reality and lives, which from my understanding is the ultimate goal of the transition.

That's the objective biological reality. Trans people will never 'be' the sex they want to be, but they can be fully accepted into society, and be naturally referred to as this sex, in certain cases.

I have no gender identity, other than what other people keep assigning me I suppose....for me, gender identity has always been about what other people perceive me as, rather than how I perceive myself.

I identify as an individual, not a gender - my physical characteristics are just something I was born with and in no way affect my personality or the way I perceive myself. I honestly don't care much for it; it's just another label that I don't embrace on a personal level.
This is my favorite comment so far.

Last edited:
Years

Hi! Just dropping by to mention a few things:

A trans will never be the sex they try to, or succeed to resemble.

Could you clarify on this? This part right here is going to rub A LOT of people the wrong way. A transgender male or female is to be referred to as that gender and whether they intend to fully transition is their business, but to say that they will "never" be that sex or "succeed" to resemble is innately transphobic and/or ignorant of you. I encourage you to educate yourself by even spending as much as five minutes on transgender reddit as that would enough to prove this statement incorrect. Transgender men/women are as legitimate as real men/women. Do not invalidate them.

The only time when the 'trans' part is not necessary is when a trans person 'passes' fully as the other sex in society, resemblance-wise, which is pretty damn rare as far as I know. Especially MTFs.

LOL no it's not; it's not in the slightest rare.

That's the objective biological reality. Trans people will never 'be' the sex they want to be, but they can be fully accepted into society, and be naturally referred to as this sex, in certain cases.

Sex-reassignment surgery is a thing. Hormone Replacement Therapy is a thing. I don't understand what about this is so difficult to understand for some cis folk. I don't understand what separates a cis woman from a transgender woman? Or a transgender male from a cis male?

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I recognize the terms from organic chemistry, cis vs trans isomers and all that. I never knew it applied to straight people

Same. I had heard of trans and chemistry was exactly the reason why I could guess what cis meant.

That aside, I still don't get why people have the urge to put labels on everything.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Years
Oof. I revived this thread and woke up to this. For anyone reading this, I am not trying to be transphobic or intolerant. I have nothing against trans people as a collective and never will. They are people just like the rest of us.

I'm sorry if my post came across as intolerant. That was never my intention. While there are some people who have trolled on here, painting everyone under one brush is just as hateful. From personal experience, it's easier to get others to agree with you politically if you're as respectful as you want people to be with your ideas.

A trans will never be the sex they try to, or succeed to resemble.

A lot of people who take sex reassignment surgeries do look like the sex they want to be. It's quite impressive what some surgeons can do. Have you seen any?

I encourage you to educate yourself by even spending as much as five minutes on transgender reddit as that would enough to prove this statement incorrect. Transgender men/women are as legitimate as real men/women. Do not invalidate them.

I don't understand what separates a cis woman from a transgender woman? Or a transgender male from a cis male?

While I don't entirely disagree with you, relying on some subreddits for information on a sensitive subject seems like a bad idea. There could be things that are fabricated or heavily biased to one person's idea.

I never really understood the whole validation thing. People in the Autistic community like myself are treated similarly by intolerant people and I've never heard anything about validation (the validation for the autistic community would probably be that we're not all retards). I can't count how many times people have called me gross or an idiot for my autistic traits. What I learnt was that it was the fault of the people saying it and not society at large. Even if I'm not validated by every person in the the world, I can still validate myself. I wish more people would consider that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back