• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Pokemon human designs

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
I'm sorry, but I just can't fucking stand the female protagonist of HGSS. Just looking at her makes me so incredibly angry. I can't understand how anyone could like her because to me, she looks way too much like an old dude crossdressing, and it disturbs me.

What are some human designs in the series that turn you guys off?

H e a p.

Banned
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen May 23, 2022
I firstly thought Morty's redesign was amazing. And then I take a look at his original design...

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
ORAS Male protagonist. I just hate his costume.

Original R/B Sabrina was also kinda weird. Not that she looked bad, but the whip was somewhat disturbing.

Years
It's always annoyed me that the Hiker type trainers are chubby as heck.
They hike around a lot, how are they not fit?

Also Allister from SW/SH. The mask/outfit/mannerism don't come across as creepy at all, but just as try hard to me.
Grant from X/Y. Can't really pinpoint why I dislike the outfit, but I do.

Last edited:
Years
It doesn't strongly turn me off per se... but I preferred Wallace's old design. This one's cool too but the old one was a lot more elegant. wallace fangirls probably disagree there though aha (I do like him as a character though!)

also morty's new design does not fit how he was portrayed in the anime at all and i never really got over that. kid me had a crush on him back then and when his design changed the difference was just so jarring.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
Black 2/White 2's male trainer. Wore hats all this time. Switched to a visor. Cannot unsee a bush of hair over a normal hat.

Years
Spoiler:

I don't think he's the 'worst' or anything, but the messy pineapple/bush hair never really grew on me lol.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
In ORAS, May and Tabitha were ruined. May was adorable in Gen 3 and in the anime, but in ORAS, they made her look like a prostitute. Tabitha was intimidating and cool in Gen 3, but in ORAS, he looks like an overweight bully. In Pokemon Generations, he got an annoying voice, making him even worse.

I also don't like Lyra for some reason. I guess it's her hat and her shirt. Either way, I'll take Kris/Marina over Lyra anytime.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I'm sorry, but I just can't fucking stand the female protagonist of HGSS. Just looking at her makes me so incredibly angry. I can't understand how anyone could like her because to me, she looks way too much like an old dude crossdressing, and it disturbs me.

Yes!! I can't stand her design. HGSS is the only game that I will pick to play as the male protag due to how annoying I find her design to be.

I also really dislike Sabrina's short hair redesign in HGSS as well as Misty's. Shelly's redesign from ORAS (team aqua) as well.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
May was adorable in Gen 3 and in the anime, but in ORAS, they made her look like a prostitute.
I can't say I really get how ORAS May looks like a hooker but RSE May doesn't when the design difference between the two isn't huge

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Are you implying that I actively look at hookers? I'm really not. However, at one of my schools, there was a girl who was a hooker, and she sometimes dressed the way ORAS May did.
The point was more that "hooker/prostitute" implies a sexualized outfit and ORAS May's outfit is (thankfully) not that....like at all.

and this is made all the more confusing by how this is a hooker outfit while this only slightly different outfit is somehow not.

Back