• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IMPORTANT: Club forums are closing down.

Years
  • I can't wait for my clubs to get transferred. I wonder if the change of environment's gonna bring new chemistry to our clubs. ^_^ A bit nervous on working with Brendino, since I don't know much about him, haha. Hopefully all is well!

Same. I think my Fairy-type club might finally start getting love now that everything's going into more active sections like Pokemon General (and for non-Pokemon clubs, mainly General Entertainment as far as I'm aware) while my other one, the Water-type, will still continue thriving at a solid pace. It will take a while to adjust but it's all for the best.

Reactions: Sun

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Well perhaps clubs will get some more members in a different forum but which ones are moved? Ik it says any active ones but does that mean ones that were posted in the last 30 days or?
    Also i find the best news about this being that theyre in Brendino's section ^^

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    In a way it's sad, because I was just getting accustomed to PoC, but at the same time I don't mind that much, because that way I don't spend as much time scrolling down to the section. :P

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Well perhaps clubs will get some more members in a different forum but which ones are moved? Ik it says any active ones but does that mean ones that were posted in the last 30 days or?
    Also i find the best news about this being that theyre in Brendino's section ^^

If we were to apply PoC's rules and definition then yes, clubs that are active within the last 30 days are the definition of active club. But I'm personally leaning towards the staff's decision. At this rate we'll just hafta wait for their official announcement, I suppose. :)

One thing's for sure, gotta keep the clubs active, so that'll lessen the chance of getting crossed out!

Years
  • Have to say am sad to see these go (well not go totally but lose their special status) as I felt they were what made PC as a forum stand out. They are were a I post mostly these days. But I have seen their activity decline, for example the My Little Pony one used to be full of debate but now it just seems to be me and a few others.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2015
    Can't say I disagree with the move.. If activity is low, i think purging the section is a great idea -- saves a bunch of extra queries to the database.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Even though I may be not visiting Pokemon Clubs often and I'm just coming by on occasion, I was saddened when I find out that the section would be phased out because it was an enjoyable ride talking about favorite things that we like, so, I hope that creating new clubs would still be possible even when the section was phased out so that it'll keep alive in some way.

Until then, you'll be missed, club sections.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • First we get rid of groups, then we cut down the club forums? Got something against us staff???

Jokes. I never understood the purpose of the Pokemon clubs really, sorry for anyone who liked them. Maybe its because I'm not a huge fan anymore and I never really visited.

But I think we should AT-LEAST get our own sub forum in General Entertainment, so we get a bit of our own rules, and having clubs mixed in with discussions seems messy. Maybe once clubs pick up more activity again.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    As long as th Doctor Who club and the Homestuck club can be moved to General Entertainment, I good with this c:

Years
  • As long as th Doctor Who club and the Homestuck club can be moved to General Entertainment, I good with this c:

I can safely assume they'll find a home in General Entertainment, like I've seen with most of the clubs from FC&G right now. Don't fear it, gurl you'll have your fave clubs still with you.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I really like the changes, I had many clubs that I joined and the discussion there is bit difficult to chatter and the remodel of clubs into forums makes a viable feature which focus on many discussions saying like what's the next ban list gonna be instead of post, a topic will be in order.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    As much as I used to have fun in clubs, I do know that a lot of their topics could be in their own threads, and I think it's a good idea to hold off on them if it'll help activity elsewhere. Member clubs used to be the most fun, but then those turned into chatrooms between two or three people. xwx I'm anxious to see if this will raise activity in some sub-forums..

Back