• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who was the last person you met for the first time?

• Were they an internet friend or irl? Were they friendly? Do you think they'll become a friend or was it just a one-time thing? How did you meet? What were they like?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    A new coworker/office mate. Very asian and polite, don't know the exact country but likely Chinese (we have a lot of researchers from there). He seems nice and knows a lot about my field so I might ask him for advice but I doubt we'll be friends, we don't seem very alike otherwise.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • About... four people at an international pub? An Argentinian dude, a London man from a Cypriot family, a Venezuelan girl and some guy from... some Latin American country I couldn't exactly identify (missed his introduction, whoops). It's a good place to practice breaking the ice with new people constantly.

Years
  • A cousin of my stepdad's friend. My stepdad's friend and his cousin were invited for dinner and his cousin looks young compared to my stepdad's friend. The cousin looked like she is 30 years younger than him and she was nice.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • Hmmm I think it was the guy sitting next to me in my history of audiotechnology class. I can't remember his name but I know he's a performing arts major.

Years
  • One of dad's friends I haven't met yet when I went out for dinner with him and a few of his friends yesterday evening. She was good conversation.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    It was through social media, a friend of an acquaintance of mine. She and I hit it off okay, but then when it came to actual discussions I found that she really couldn't handle the sort of person I am. Understandably, as I'm very blunt and honest and she was/is very sensitive (and imo a classic coddled, entitled millennial). She blocked me over a discussion about public transportation, where I told her to start taking the bus to get to her new job because she was having problems finding a ride. She gave me a few cons about it (wait time, missing the bus, that was pretty much it), and I gave her my personal experience with inner-city buses during the time I worked two jobs. When I told her that she really didn't have experience and was thus ignorant (more or less that, but the word ignorant was definitely used as I'm not afraid to use it) and that her vision of the bus was nothing like how it actually is. She didn't like that and blocked me. So, yeah, I don't think I'm getting that back, but I hate feeling like I need to walk on eggshells. If someone is going to dislike me for speaking my mind, then I don't want them in my life anyway.

tl;dr, I'm a jerk who speaks my mind and it's costed me a lot of potential friends. Which I don't mind. Gotta weed out the people with whom I can't be myself around.

Back