• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Pokemon do you have a personal grievance with?

Years
  • Which Pokemon has slighted you, personally?

Heatmor rubs me the wrong way. It just looks half-baked. The official artwork and the Gen V forward-facing sprite look like they forgot to finishing bolding the outline. If I saw a Heatmor at the DMV, I would give up my place in line to insult it in public. Have you ever seen a Heatmor? Its eye is one FPS boost away from no-clipping through the bottom of its skull. I would cyberbully Heatmor in full view of a police officer. Heatmor looks like my best attempt to draw a Charizard. I don't think they even forgot to finish drawing it, I just think they hated Heatmor so much that they wanted it to suffer. If you want a single-stage goofy-looking bulky fire type from a later generation that won't make you want to pluck your eyes out with the original Gameboy link cable, just pick Turtonator. It's got the bonus of being a dragon and it knows every song from Moana. Heatmor has never seen a movie because no one cares about Heatmor's cultural enrichment. Heatmor is the reason Heatmor's parents are divorced. Heatmor is the reason a LOT of people's parents are divorced. And who can blame them? You'd lose the ability to love, too, if you saw a malformed slug awkwardly bursting out of a tacky volcano onesie.

How about you?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Heatmor is the reason Heatmor's parents are divorced. Heatmor is the reason a LOT of people's parents are divorced. And who can blame them? You'd lose the ability to love too if you saw a malformed slug awkwardly bursting out of a tacky volcano onesie

This made me laugh. It's so true.

Anyways, I have a personal vendetta against Qwilfish. I despise everything about this hideous little fish and yet I have little reason to. Looking at it simply irritates me.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Which Pokemon has slighted you, personally?

Heatmor rubs me the wrong way. It just looks half-baked. The official artwork and the Gen V forward-facing sprite look like they forgot to finishing bolding the outline. If I saw a Heatmor at the DMV, I would give up my place in line to insult it in public. Have you ever seen a Heatmor? Its eye is one FPS boost away from no-clipping out the bottom of its skull. I would cyberbully Heatmor in full view of a police officer. Heatmor looks like my best attempt to draw a Charizard. I don't think they even forgot to finish drawing it, I just think they hated Heatmor so much that they wanted it to suffer. If you want a single-stage goofy-looking bulky fire type from a later generation that won't make you want to pluck your eyes out with the original Gameboy link cable, just pick Turtonator. It's got the bonus of being a dragon and it knows every song from Moana. Heatmor has never seen a movie because no one cares about Heatmor's cultural enrichment. Heatmor is the reason Heatmor's parents are divorced. Heatmor is the reason a LOT of people's parents are divorced. And who can blame them? You'd lose the ability to love, too, if you saw a malformed slug awkwardly bursting out of a tacky volcano onesie.

How about you?

Welcome to the forums. You're gonna be fun to hang around with I can tell <3

For me it's Granbull. It's ugly af, and it looks like it'll beat me up if I say that to its face. Snubull ain't any better but goodness if I ever catch one I'm giving it an Everstone asap.

Years
  • Hariyama.
    I recall my first time playing Pokemon Emerald a wild Hariyama appeared at Hoenn's Victory Road and stomped so hard my team. It was so hard for me to get there and he easily stomped me. My fault tho, I didn't take my full team at that moment either way my feelings towards him won't change he.

Years
  • Hariyama.
    I recall my first time playing Pokemon Emerald a wild Hariyama appeared at Hoenn's Victory Road and stomped so hard my team. It was so hard for me to get there and he easily stomped me. My fault tho, I didn't take my full team at that moment either way my feelings towards him won't change he.

I'd like to think that this ties in with the fact that you love Dark types (of which Hariyama stomps those as well lmao).

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Spiritomb - That thing scares the living sh*t outta me, specially it's Pokemon Red/Blue DX sprite
    Male Kirlia - Surely they could made a Gallade evolve from the more manly evolution of Ralts, having a girly looking male wearing a tatu evolve to a pokemon knight with masculine legs just seems odd

Update

Trubbish line - It's an literal trash, i don't wanna think that an poison eeveelution would look like that (aka a trash fennec-cat) in Pokemon Sw's/sh's future DLC

Last edited:

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Lucario. It's probably the only Pokémon that's jarring to look at to me. It has one of the worst looking tails, the snout is not shaped like an animal's (even if the intent were to be humanlike, Hawlucha does this better), the spikes are random, the donuts on its shoulders makes it feel more artificial and not in a good way as it looks like floaties slapped on, and it's just forced onto me all the time. I'm glad Zoroark, Lycanroc-Midnight, and Delphox all exist.

Coalossal and Glaceon are up there too. The former takes what made Rolycoly unique and throws it out of the window to make a generic coal monster that totally doesn't look like another existing Pokémon and the latter nearly ended my Battle Maison run because it froze two of my Pokémon that can deal with it and I find it a half-baked design as well.

Years
  • I'd like to think that this ties in with the fact that you love Dark types (of which Hariyama stomps those as well lmao).

Haha well, I wasn't much of an expert in that apartment back then but now I can go around without fearing that Hariyama won't wipe the floor with me hehe.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Aside from Charizard, I get aggravated at Goldeen and Seaking. Why do they exist? Just more boring Water-type fish. I could say the same for other Gen I Pokémon simply because they don't stand out. Fearow, Venomoth, Golduck, Hypno...

I also abhor Boltund and Coalassal. Possibly the most disappointing evolutions I've seen.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Greedent. I already don't like the first route normal types and their evolutions (aside from Zigzagoon), and Greedent is far from being an exception. It looks so cartoony yet it also looks like it was designed to scare children. They way the fur on its tail comes out looks sooo bad, and its eyes are scary. Squirrels are supposed to be cute not be the cause of someone's nightmares. The only good thing that came out from it is the Peter Griffin edit. I'm sorry, but I disagree when you say Heatmor is the reason a lot of parents divorce when this attempt of squirrel exists, and I will disagree as long as GF doesn't admit that Greedent wasn't meant to be real. I hope it gets dexed forever along with a certain fire starter but for different reasons.

Speaking of, Charizard too but I think almost everyone does at this point.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Watchog. Its design is hideous, especially its eyes. It learns moves like Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, and Super Fang early on, and likes to spam those moves against me. I've had bad experiences with it in Pokemon White 2, in which I kept my Riolu unevolved to make it learn Nasty Plot. And what did Watchog do? Abuse its annoying moveset.

I also dislike its pre-evolution, Patrat. This line deserves to be erased from existence forever.

pkmin3033

I find Lucario's very existence offensive.

Misty's Starmie has slighted me more times than I care to count, too...so much hassle when I was a kid. It's always been the one Pokemon that goes first, hits hard, and just refuses to die. I despise that Starmie.

Years
  • Charizard.
    The first thing you carry with you from DnD is that if uncertain, you throw a rock at it..
    So much for that boss encounter :/
    ~walks away..

Years
  • Boldore and Gigalith aren't bad, but Roggenrola is just stupid. It's got a dumb name, a design that would be simple even for gen I's standards, and the fact that it can have Sturdy as an ability in the games means you can't even OHKO it half the time.

Back