• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use Z-moves?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Since Z-moves are still a thing in US/UM, do you still use them? And did you bother to go get the Icium z, Psychium Z and Flynium Z?

Years
  • I used Z-moves against Totem Pokemon when I was playing through the game and once in a while against Pokemon that were tough. I did not bother getting Icium Z, Psychium Z, and Flynium Z.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I do equip my Pokémon with Z-Crystals but I hardly use them unless I'm really in a pinch.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I use Z-moves shamelessly, even against the trainers who use one Pokemon.

I try to explore every area, so I ended up finding the Icium-z and Psychium z by accident. I couldn't find the Fynium Z without a walkthrough though.

Also, I find one team member who I want to be the "Z-Move user" and I give the rest normal hold items. For the first half of the game, I had the Z-Crystal on gigalith, then in the second half, I put flynium Z on Talonflame.

Bay

Years
  • Yeah I used Z moves here and there, usually in totem battles and big ones like the Elite Four and Rainbow Rocket. I also managed to find the Icicum, Psychium, and Flynium Z since I remembered where those were from last game (though going through Haina Desert to get the Psychium Z was a bit of a drag haha).

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2018
    I still use Z moves, mostly against boss fights like totem, E4, and rainbow rocket. i did go get flynium z, but I only decided to get the other two post game..

Sparkin

Have to admit that I often 1-Shot Wild Pokémon with Z-Moves just to get some EXP points

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I did but this time round I tried using the ones I used less/didn't use in my Moon playthrough (etc. the Dragon one)

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    When I played through Sun, I never even equipped any of the Z-crystals; however, this time around, I've been using them a lot when it makes sense to use them. Most of my pokemon are equipped with a Z-crystal, and seeing the art for them was actually really cool. I still haven't even seen like more than half of them as of yet.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I usually only do it when I feel it's useful to ensure a OHKO on a Pokemon, or when I wanted to see a specific Z-Move in action for the first time.

Sirfetch’d

I still use them quite a bit. I actually found USUM to be quite difficult later in the game so I often found Z-moves quite useful for picking up KOs that I normally would not. I do sometimes avoid using the ones with lengthier animations because I don't want to disable animations as a whole but I also don't always care to sit through a long Z-move.

Years
  • Whenever I get angry.
    For real, name one thing more satisfying than taking all the energy in the world and firing it at the little frick that knocked out your Pokemon, killing it instantly in a glorious ball of blinding light.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • Yeah I do. I find them insanely fun to use when I need to, plus the animations are really satisfying. I've also tried to use some Z-Moves I never used back in SM, and sometimes just to see what the poses look like lol.

string555

Banned
    Years
  • Yeah, they're fun to use. Early in the game when I didn't have that many good items, I just equipped one to each of my pokes. After the Pokemon League I stopped using them, I guess I just got bored with that.

Now, however, I have seen some people in online battle use them wisely, so I might think about mixing things up like that and using them sometimes.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I use Z moves to muscle past what can't be KOed in 1 hit, like Totem Araquanid in Ultra Sun. I also use them occasionally in the Battle Buffet to make the battle end in 1 turn in most cases so I can get the grand prize more easily.

Last edited:

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • Yes, I do use Z-Moves on Totem Pokemon mostly, but also when I find myself in a real struggle. They're pretty useful.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2018
    Generally during totem battles. I remember during Sophocles trial the first 1 or 2 times i attempted it todgemaru used bounce when i used my decidueye's Z move. The time I beat it though I don't think I used a Z move. And here's a random wooper for y'all. :t194:

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I think that in all my playthroughs of Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, I've only used a Z-move... twice. The novelty wore off almost immediately.

But then, I've never played in a context where they are necessary, like the Battle Tree or online battles.

Back