• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
  • Finally! I have created an account to this thread. Its been years after i remembered my gmail.

Hey lunos big fan of this rom hack . Been reading this thread from page 400 until the latest page. Quick question? If the beta testers are testing the game does all your pictures that you send here . I mean all the images coming from the discord server is playable in the latest beta coming? That ancient bulbasaur jigglypuff thingy?
    All the pictures that have been published in this thread were shared by Aethestode himself inside the Discord server. They weren't shared by any of the beta testers.
    With that being said, I'm not sure if the side chapter involving Ancient Jigglypuff is accessible in the Beta 13 Part 2 or not.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Can anyone help me with this
    So i dowloaded this game just a while ago and been playing it...and it was amazing 12/10 to me
    But after saving it and the game was saved successful...When i open it again to play and it just start from the begging and the saved file couldn't be opened
    Can anyone know the problem w it?
    Thanks
    P/s: my english was not good so i might have some gramma mistakes

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Can anyone help me with this
    So i dowloaded this game just a while ago and been playing it...and it was amazing 12/10 to me
    But after saving it and the game was saved successful...When i open it again to play and it just start from the begging and the saved file couldn't be opened
    Can anyone know the problem w it?
    Thanks
    P/s: my english was not good so i might have some gramma mistakes
    This is the first time I see this kind of issue happen.
    I honestly don't know how to help you, but make sure that:
    1) You have used a v1.0 USA ROM of Pok?mon Fire Red to apply Red Chapter's patch.
    2) You're using VBA-M or a nightly build of mGBA.
    3) You're not using different versions of VBA at the same time, say... VBA-M and VBA v1.8.0
    If none of these advices work, I honestly don't know how to help you. Sorry.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • 3mLIUK5.png

yJRDy9P.gif

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • i cant get the rtc patch to work
    If you don't provide details, there isn't much I can do.
    Are you sure you're using the latest Nightly of mGBA?
    Did you get the correct Pokémon Fire Red ROM?

ON: For those who don't know, this is one of the unused designs/scrapped pokémon revealed by the Pokémon Gold & Silver Spaceworld Demo that was leaked some weeks ago.
    Its name written in Romaji seems to be "Bomushikaa".
    TCRF translated it as "Bomseel".
    beta.png

This one right here is "Ikari".
    TCRF translated it as "Anchorage".
    ankorage.png

Paras' pre-evolution, "Para".
    para.png

Meowth's pre-evolution, "Meowsy".
    meowsy.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2023
    If you don't provide details, there isn't much I can do.
    Are you sure you're using the latest Nightly of mGBA?
    Did you get the correct Pokémon Fire Red ROM?

ON: For those who don't know, this is one of the unused designs/scrapped pokémon revealed by the Pokémon Gold & Silver Spaceworld Demo that was leaked some weeks ago.
    Its name written in Romaji seems to be "Bomushikaa".
    beta.png

This one right here is "Ikari".
    ankorage.png

Paras' pre-evolution, "Para".
    para.png

Meowth's pre-evolution, "Meowsy".
    meowsy.png

So will these and Kurusu's proper line be in the game?

Also, will the guide you made saying which Pokémon are where be updated on Monday?

Oh and is the Name Rater finally in the game?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • So will these and Kurusu's proper line be in the game?
    Also, will the guide you made saying which Pokémon are where be updated on Monday?
    Oh and is the Name Rater finally in the game?

1) Aethestode confirmed that Ikari's evolution is gonna be in but its pre-evolution won't. Nothing was said about Kurusu's line.
    2) Yes.
    3) It's not in the Beta 13, but there's a high chance it'll be a thing in the Beta 14.

ON: The sprites start coming and they don't stop coming, and they don't stop coming, and they don't stop coming ♪♪♪
    sui.png

noctowl2.png
    noctowl2a.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2023
    1) Aethestode confirmed that Ikari's evolution is gonna be in but its pre-evolution won't. Nothing was said about Kurusu's line.
    2) Yes.
    3) It's not in the Beta 13, but there's a high chance it'll be a thing in the Beta 14.

ON: The sprites start coming and they don't stop coming, and they don't stop coming, and they don't stop coming ♪♪♪
    sui.png

noctowl2.png
    noctowl2a.png

Thanks, BTW, I think that beta Noctowl could work as a middle evo and give regular Noctowl higher stats.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    One of the screenies you posted had a Pikachu at level 254. So, can i assume the level cap is changed to 255 or is planned on being changed? Every time I change it in hex, certain levels will skip (like 47 to 49) and requires a ton of exp for the next level. Does this happen to you as well?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • One of the screenies you posted had a Pikachu at level 254. So, can i assume the level cap is changed to 255 or is planned on being changed? Every time I change it in hex, certain levels will skip (like 47 to 49) and requires a ton of exp for the next level. Does this happen to you as well?
    The level cap was certainly changed to 255, the maximun possible as of right now.
    I remember that at first, Aethestode had some issues with the whole thing, the problem unlike yours though, was related to the pokémon's movepools.
    The thing is that he inserted it all over again, and then it worked correctly. The issue was that he had put a 28 instead of a 20 in one of the steps accidentally. So I suggest you to try that too.

ON: Tfw no Valezio :( ....
    Anyway, Aethestode shared some more sprites while I was asleep, so here they are.
    rai.png
    rai2.png

piii.png

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • It's here, enjoy.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/5lh7njclo27n71a/Beta 13 Part 2.ups
    Aethestode suggests to start a new savefile. You can resume a Beta 13 Part 1 savefile, but bugs might happen.

EDIT: By the way, my guide about Side Chapters Starting Points and the Youtube Playlist linked inside of it have been updated with the release of the Beta 13 Part 2.
    I'm sure I didn't record all the new Side Chapters yet, but right now I can only think of 2 that I'm missing.
    The pok?mon location guide was also updated, so make sure to check it out.
    Oh yeah, and I wrote a new guide too. It's the list with the locations of the TMs and HMs that are currently available in the Beta 13 Part 2.

The 3 guides are linked in the main post under the "Guides" section.

Last edited:
    Back