• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Good things that happened in your games

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • Basically the opposite of your usual 'what grinds your gears' or 'whine about your playthrough' threads, what are some positive things that happened in your playthroughs?

In my Sacred Gold nuzlocke, I managed to get four 5% encounters as my first catch on different routes. Yes really, and there was even a case where I wanted the most common encounter and got the rarest one instead.

User Anon 1848

Guess I'm a bit of a shiny magnet since I tend to encounter at least one per playthrough of most games. In Soul Silver I encountered about a dozen over the years and I wasn't hunting for any of them.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • there was that time i was trying to complete the pokedex in X and got six shinies in one day, lol. that was pretty awesome.

Years
  • I once got a Pokerus from the wild in White 2 and then only a day later I also got a random shiny Growlithe in the same area.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    I found a shiny Scyther last year in Crystal.

I named her "Peridot", as the color scheme of it's evolution reminds me of the smol dork from Steven Universe. I even taught her Curse in case I decide to use another viable Mega Evolution some day.

TheAlmightyBlaziken

Pretty cool if I do say so myself
    Years
  • I found a shiny Munchlax in one of the sinnoh games don't remember which though.

and 3 female shiny Combee in a row.

Last edited:

gammy13

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2019
    Heya, I have Pokemon Moon which is my very first pokemon game. So my question is - as the titel suggest- following: Which other pokemon games are worth playing? Which one has the best story?There is alot of different pokemon games and remakes so I'm a bit lost and don't know how to navigate it all.solitaire.onl/ 9apps.ooo/

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I was playing Pokemon Blue today and wanted a Diglett. I immediately found a Dugtrio and caught it with one Pokeball.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I was playing oras and used wonder trade for my team and got a vulpix with drought

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2020
    Chancy was supposed to be a combo catch pokemon but it appeared straight away in Mt Moon which saved me ages of searching!

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • During my previous playthrough of Pokémon Shield, I managed to catch Zamazenta with one regular Poké Ball. I can only hope that it will be that easy on my current file.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I ran into my first shiny on accident. (It was a shiny Seviper that I stumbled across in Black 2 in the wild grass).

Last edited:

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Wow, everyone with shinies and here I am, having Ko'd the only shiny I encountered. Oh! Positive stuff, yeah! Every time a Pokémon evolves or hatches from an egg, I feel happy. I know it's common, but no matter how many times it happens, it just amazes me and makes me smile (internally in front of my parents).
    My Skarmory tanking tons of powerful attacks despite being underleveled in my Omega Ruby nuzlocke. I owe my position to her - she took five explosions and two self-destruct, and only get a scratch (individual battles). This is fine.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2021
    I can think of a few cool moments:

1. Randomly found and caught a shiny Psyduck in my first Pokémon gold playthrough. I didn't even know what a shiny was at the time.

2.Was looking for a scyther in the bug catching contest in Heartgold and found and caught a shiny caterpie in the process.

3. I heard a lot about Cynthia being tough, so I grinded my team in Platinum to level 52(not crazy high) and then beat her on my first try. I was pleasantly surprised after I had heard how challenging she can be.

Back