• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#NaNoWriMo2016

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Have you started your projects yet? I'm curious! I've already figured out what mine will be. I had it done several months ago. XD I wanted to make sure I had everything ready. Hopefully, I won't fail again like I have the previous years before.

You are also welcome to post your NaNo profiles here. I made a new one as well because I forgot my username for my previous one sadly. My new one is here. I made my username the same as the one I have been using for a while, so it should be easier to remember for next year. XD You can also find info about my story here. :3 I know I always do Christmas stories... but I love this holiday more than any other!

Here are some resources to help you with your NaNoWriMo developments:

Charahub - here, you can create different characters and all that. It's a very helpful site!
My Writing Server - you can find the post Bay is talking about here about the writing server of mine. The community is small, but it's a good one. Everyone who comes and goes is very nice and supportive. They are willing to help with anything writing-related you are struggling with at the moment. Also, as Bay said, there is also a server there for NaNoWriMo this year. You are allowed to discuss anything related to your NaNo story only. :3

If you have any other resources that might help other NaNoWriMos, you are welcome to message me, and I will add them here!

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I tried to write a story last year about halfway through the month and obviously just kind of flopped haha. This year I actually started pooling ideas around March or so. A rewrite of the first novel I tried to make on here, a murder mystery similar to Mr. Brooks, a sci-fi adventure based off of a world that I made in high school for D&D stuff (which would be better made as a series of books if I ever get good enough to be published... I actually have a lot more ideas for this world than I'd like to admit coming from both back when I first made it as well as over the past year or two and it would take some actual hardcore planning and content cutting to get the most out of all of them. it's probably for the best if the whole thing just stayed an idea haha) and there's several others including the outline I started making today which honestly will probably be what I end up going with if I can actually buckle down and get some writing done this time haha.

Bay

Years
Hey, so I should mention AdorbzFangirl has a writing group Discord that the both of us have been using. There are several non PokeCommunity members there but everyone who is participating Nano and is a writer are welcome!

With me I usually do a few projects during Nano because those stories aren't that long. I'm considering doing a few projects again, still deciding which ones and if I have enough ideas. Also my profile is here.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
I just remembered a premise I made a couple of years ago. I feel like using it for this year's NaNoWriMo.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I've been tempted this year to join NaNo. My hope is to continue working on a rewrite of a story I finished last year in November that was not done for NaNo. I've already started the rewrite, so I'm not really officially signing up for the event. Mainly what I'm doing is using the atmosphere of NaNo (the "competition" and community of support) to push me to really focus on this work.

Besides, 50,000 words is only going to put me at half-way through the rewrite, given my estimate of how it's currently going!

Cherry Tangerine

time traveler
Years
I will be doing NaNoWriMo this year. I've been working on a novel for a while now but I'm growing a little tired of working on it nonstop, and so I chose NaNoWriMo as my chance to spice it up a little and write something different. I've never done this before and so I don't exactly know what to expect both from the challenge ahead and from myself.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
While I procrastinate and the lower word limit is quite high, I have an interesting settings, characters, and plot. If only school keep me busy enough not to continue.

Delirious Absol

Call me Del
Years
  • Age 39
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Hi everyone! How's the first day been?
Today I finished working on Glitched which gave me a huge boost to the start of my NaNo and now I plan to work on the two other projects I have set myself! I'm hoping to actually hit 50k this year!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
So far, I wrote 3,516 words, which allowed me to knock a short story off my list. I decided that I'm not just sticking with one story for the month, but will work on everything on my to-do list to make good progress.

I'm hoping to make the bulk of my progress this week while I'm on vacation from work.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
I might actually do original fantasy this year. It would be the first time since like 2010 I think? I've got a bunch of ideas though. Just gotta find enough time around all this overtime. ;_;

Bay

Years
I too am aiming around 500-1000 words a day for this month as I have several things going on in November. I did over 500 yesterday, hopefully I'll manage a bit more in later days.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I've never succeeded with NaNo in the past, but I'm riding the hype and the fact that everyone is writing more this month to motivate myself ahaha. My goal is 400 words per day for every day this month and the goal is to publish a longer fic than I ever have. :) Maybe next year I'll go up to 800 words per day and you know. Work up to doing NaNo properly. :P

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I'm starting Saturday, as my exams are finally done then, but I've stuff planned out already. I'm really excited to start. I've set a 1000 word goal a day, so I'm hoping to really end with a novella. We'll see how it goes, as I tend to lose motivation around the 20k word mark, so I'm hoping to get past that.

Delirious Absol

Call me Del
Years
  • Age 39
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I ground out just over 2000 words today which is good since I've been feeling rather tired and unmotivated. I've now made good headway on the backstory for my dystopian mystery dungeon fanfic and I'm just shy of 10k in three days. I'm feeling more positive I can reach 50k now =D

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Siiigh I didn't write yesterday- didn't even do like, concept work. Dx I did some concept work today and I hope to get at least 800 words in, but I'm just totally spacing on how this scene should go lol

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
I honestly didn't know this was a thing until like.. recently oops. I'm on charahub and making characters now :3c so hype. i might make ideas for stories sometime soon.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
i stopped writing at 250 words and instead made my character in assorted dollmakers for an hour and a half? whoops IM WORKING IS2G

Delirious Absol

Call me Del
Years
  • Age 39
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I started work on my entry for Serebiiforum's Worlds Collide one-shot contest. Having multiple projects on the go at once is pretty fun and interesting, but I'm really preferring working on the backstory for my upcoming 'fic and this contest entry over the main fanfic I wanted to work on! XD I'm now sitting comfortably at 14,797 words. Hopefully I can stay ahead of the game all week as I doubt I'll get much writing done this coming weekend, if any at all, as I'm gonna be pretty busy.

Back