• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Clubs Feedback and News

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Wow, there's quite a discussion going on here, let me add my two cents.

Leading a club takes a lot of time and effort. I can't say the first glance at the club is deniable, in fact it's mainly what gets people to join the club or not, but that's not just the topic, some sparkling CSS can suddenly make it look a lot more appealing. It's mentioned already, numbers don't say anything in the case of members! The PMD club for example has thirty members, but many of which only signed up and it has just over twenty posts over the last two months, while only a few other people can suffice for some decent conversation.

Breaking down an event after it has started seems like the worst idea ever to gain popularity to the section, certainly when many people do show interest in it. I really like the idea, although I'm not sure whether I should vote in it. I'm not in enough active clubs to give a weighed vote.

I don't think you want to limit yourself to rules regarding featured clubs. I think the featured clubs should be those that are either new, not very active or have a special event started. Being featured for a month is pretty long, a shorter time will probably work better so the featured clubs can rotate around more, which ends in more clubs being given the attention they might need. Also, why keeping the featured club limited to one at the time? I don't see why not two if two can use it.

I think I disagree to this. First of all numbers don't say everything, as I've pointed out earlier. Secondly, it's hard to compare old and new clubs. If you want to count points from the club's start, old clubs have can have a huge headstart in comparison to newer clubs. If not, a new club has the advantage nobody has joined yet and a fresh start that makes it easier to maintain; you don't have problems like running out of topics yet.
    Maybe some modifications can make it work however.

Also, I support the idea of emblems. Emblems always seem good ways to attract attention.

Thanks for your insight! An attractive, inviting CSS template can certainly lure members. Member amount don't represent anything because:
    - Members can be inactive/banned;
    - Certain clubs actually kick out any inactive members
    - Clubs can be overshadowed for numerous reason, for example like current existing/old clubs having a steady spotlight than newer clubs.

This Feedback Thread has been opened for long and all those who took part in the previous conversations have agreed to have current event, Club of The Month, organized. So It's rather astonishing to see an uproar while the event is on air now. That's not to say opposing opinions, suggestions and feedback aren't welcome and on the contrary we want to improve and refine the system when there is such a need. But there was wide range of time before the actual event begins, so why not express the concerns before the actual voting took place? As a club owner and/or a club regular, I believe it is an obligation to pay attention to this thread and express opinions when we are being asked, I even expressed my concerns for Club of The Month before the current vote takes place. If there's any displease regarding events, opinions and ideas should be expressed before or after an event, not during the event, as it really affects the overall atmosphere. Let's not forget any (official) PokéCommunity events are created with positive intention and thoughts.

We reached a basic agreement for both Featured Club(s) and a Club of The Month. The first one is to assist those clubs in need, as well as to help the newly established clubs. While the latter is to praise a club's activeness, club members' dedication and club owner's effort through public voting, which has been done and a tradition in this very section for a long time.

The featured time-cycle and featured number of clubs for Featured Club(s) is purely hypothetical. ;) There's always a room to improve! :) A weekly change and more than one feature at a time is a good idea.

No worries, that point system is a mere suggestion and there's always a room to discuss more details. There are allegation to the current Club of The Month system for being unfair, so we're looking for an new alternative system might work. We want to keep everyone here as happy and satisfied as possible. If you have other suggestions than the current public voting, please don't hesitate to tell us! :D

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • I still can't seem to warm up to that club of the month thingy. It's really not worth it in the long run, plus I already explained what's the problem with activity.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • The point system in my mind is questionable only because like Lyncanthropy said certain clubs may be ahead than others so we could avoid that although if you look at the WoPC maybe we could do something like that? Idk im fresh out of ideas

As for the Featured Club and Club of The Month the current system is worth a go and then i think after the first couple we could discuss it again and see if it works well or not.

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
    Years
  • I agree. I think we should give it a couple months and see if the new events like Featured Club and Club of The Month help increase activity and participation in this section, and if not a couple months from now we'll revise it. :)

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    The point system in my mind is questionable only because like Lyncanthropy said certain clubs may be ahead than others so we could avoid that although if you look at the WoPC maybe we could do something like that? Idk im fresh out of ideas

As for the Featured Club and Club of The Month the current system is worth a go and then i think after the first couple we could discuss it again and see if it works well or not.
    Isn't it obvious? ~_~ There will be countermeasures for those sort of problems. For example older clubs, depending on how long they are established, they are rewarded with higher starting points. Older posts and topics count as scores.

If you want your club to be ahead of others, it's easy: club owners and club members should stay active.

I agree. I think we should give it a couple months and see if the new events like Featured Club and Club of The Month help increase activity and participation in this section, and if not a couple months from now we'll revise it. :)

Unless the current Featured Club on the splash counts, otherwise I don't think Featured Club is on. Even if it counts, we can revise it now since the splash has been there for a month and 7 days. :)

As for Club of The Month, that voting system has been on going for almost 10 years already, I believe there was no controversy like this from the very beginning. But that's not to say a tradition is perfect and should not be changed; helpful opinions to improvise the section and its related events are always encouraged! Since AmourPearlShipper has found a flaw in the current CoTM system, it's reasonable to make amendments.

So far only Lyncanthropy and I have expressed a suggestions on FC
    Spoiler:

And I'm the only one who suggested on Club of The Month :(
    - Point System

[S-HIGHLIGHT]Please, if there are any ideas do not hesitate even for a bit to express it. As the last thing we wanna see is disagreement when things have been finalized. [/S-HIGHLIGHT] We want people to be happy and satisfied with the finalized stuff.

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • To be honest, I don't see a real problem with the voting system present now. I doubt people are lazily voting for the club based on their favorite type. Second part of the complains was focused about clubs being unpopular because of their subject. I agree a club suffering from this is harder to maintain, but it should certainly be possible when enough effort has been put into it. Wasn't that what the Club of the Month was all about? Effort that has been put into it to shape the club and special features the club can provide, those are what I think are the main aspects a club is rated on for a competition like this. Although some clubs might need some more perseverance to reach this, I don't think we can talk about any disadvantage on this issue.

Don't get me wrong, I do think the "unpopular type issue" is something we should mind, but I don't think it's a reason to bomb down the CotM. That said, what do you think about Pokémon Clubs having a thread like this? A bit of CSS styling can instantly make the first post and therefore the club a lot more attractive. A thread like that can help people who have no clue about the code.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    As a quick look over with the list the thing I can see right now is this:

- A week cycle instead of featuring one month. (Lyncanthropy)
    - Rather than choosing it by voting public (a la CoTM), FC should be determined by a serious deliberation. (Unapologetic)

If the cycle is every week but it looks like its going to be serious deliberation can it all be done in a week and every week. Maybe it might be easier to do it biweekly and still have say 2 clubs. That way there could be more time for serious deliberation instead of having to rush at the last minute to get it up every week.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    As a quick look over with the list the thing I can see right now is this:

If the cycle is every week but it looks like its going to be serious deliberation can it all be done in a week and every week. Maybe it might be easier to do it biweekly and still have say 2 clubs. That way there could be more time for serious deliberation instead of having to rush at the last minute to get it up every week.

Thanks for the suggestion. :) I noticed how Lycanthropy's suggestion and mine sorta conflicts. xD But I'm sure we'll be able to solve and refine a finalize one. We just have to wait for our boss to make his appearance. xD

Suggestions on FC
    Spoiler:

Suggestion for Club of The Month
    - Point System

Dedenne1

Years
  • Don't get me wrong, I do think the "unpopular type issue" is something we should mind, but I don't think it's a reason to bomb down the CotM. That said, what do you think about Pokémon Clubs having a thread like this? A bit of CSS styling can instantly make the first post and therefore the club a lot more attractive. A thread like that can help people who have no clue about the code.

I do agree with this and i was going to bring it up however we shouldnt have every club have the same css posts dont get me wrong css is a cool way to make the op more appealing but i had np with starting up my club without css all i used is bb code to make everything look more appealing. We could have a thread with templates though or a list of members that could help you recently i made a css for the fighting club cause its not as popular as the others so i think its great if we could help out all the smaller and newer clubs.

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
    Years
  • I don't agree with some of those. I don't think there should be two featured clubs at a time, as it would cause confusion and not give the one club the attention it needs. Also, I don't agree that it should be weekly. I think Featured Clubs should only be done one at a time and go on for a month at a time. There aren't that many clubs to go through anyway. :/

Dedenne1

Years
  • Oh wow i missed that umm i cant say i agree with that either really why 2?

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I don't agree with some of those. I don't think there should be two featured clubs at a time, as it would cause confusion and not give the one club the attention it needs. Also, I don't agree that it should be weekly. I think Featured Clubs should only be done one at a time and go on for a month at a time. There aren't that many clubs to go through anyway. :/

I personally am not sure with one or two clubs to feature, thought I think Village has made a strong valid point. It might be difficult if two clubs are featured, it's like they are going to 'fight' for the spotlight. Not to mention, technically there's going to be 3 spotlights if CoTM is counted. But I'm not particularly against or supportive, I'm more concern.

As for the duration bi weekly to a month is reasonable, a week might be too fast for a slow paced section. Unless our section is booming like PGC/PG, then we can make it weekly. :)

Suggestions on FC
    Spoiler:
    - 2 Featured Clubs (by Lyncanthropy)
    - A week cycle instead of featuring one month. (by Lyncanthropy)
    - Only clubs with certain low amount to no activity rate can be featured. (by Unapologetic)
    - Rather than choosing it by voting public (a la CoTM), FC should be determined by a serious deliberation. (by Unapologetic)
    - FC can not be featured in row, means if ABC Club is featured this time then ABC Club can not be featured for an extended period; there are other clubs that need help as well! (by Unapologetic)
    - FC is exclusively for those Club Owners who are constantly trying their efforts to push their clubs. Can be a controversy as it's a subjective thing with no black-and-white definition. But I suggested this part only as a counter measure for people who's gonna take advantage of FC. (by Unapologetic)
    - features biweekly and still have say 2 clubs [to feature]. (by Caite-chan)
    - One Featured Club per month, to avoid confusion and to allow the club to receive attention it needs. (by VillageofDragons)

Suggestion for Club of The Month
    - Point System

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I was seeing the whole point system and started to think of how we could do this. I'm not quite sure how clubs are doing points because I have noticed that in a few I've looked at. But maybe we could do it club wide or however we want to do it but whoever gets the most points in the month gets the feature for the next month or vice versa whoever gets the least gets the feature to try and help boost activity.

Dedenne1

Years
  • Thats a good idea although the only thing i dont like is how whoever gets the most points gets featured since featured is to help clubs that are struggling while cotm is supposed to reward the clubs trying their hardest which is as of current done by voting. I also think if this method was used someone would have a steady lead sometimes and always be featured however that doesnt mean im on board with the point system idea.

If you guys do look at WoPC the section gives some cool ideas on how to do the point system that could apply here the only thing that would have to be figured out are rewards.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I was seeing the whole point system and started to think of how we could do this. I'm not quite sure how clubs are doing points because I have noticed that in a few I've looked at. But maybe we could do it club wide or however we want to do it but whoever gets the most points in the month gets the feature for the next month or vice versa whoever gets the least gets the feature to try and help boost activity.

Thats a good idea although the only thing i dont like is how whoever gets the most points gets featured since featured is to help clubs that are struggling while cotm is supposed to reward the clubs trying their hardest which is as of current done by voting. I also think if this method was used someone would have a steady lead sometimes and always be featured however that doesnt mean im on board with the point system idea.

If you guys do look at WoPC the section gives some cool ideas on how to do the point system that could apply here the only thing that would have to be figured out are rewards.

Don't worry, there can always be a testing period. If the Point System is going to be applied, we can first try it out on 3-4 Clubs to see to overall reaction. That can be a deciding factor whether to continue the system or using the classic CoTM voting formula. The main purpose of Points System is to encourage the club members and owners to pump up their activity in this club, while the club with most points receiving the title of Club of The Month is secondary.

I have no idea on the WoPC's Point System. ^u^" I'm thinking of balancing between old and new clubs, it's unfair for the relatively new and long-established club to begin with the same amount of scores. While we can't favor the old clubs completely or the new clubs will have a hard time to catch on.

I do think Featured Club and the Point-based CoTM synchronize perfectly; if a club is falling behind, they can be featured thus gaining more attention and eventually they'll be able to catch up.

whoever gets the most points gets featured since featured is to help clubs that are struggling
    Please don't mix up CoTM with Featured Clubs. {XD} The current CoTM is chosen by voting, while I proposed for a Point System in a similar way how Fighting-type Club operate/Post-off event works. Sorry if it sounds confusing. :)

I only proposed the Point System for CoTM, not Featured Club. Featured Club is chosen by Quatjutsu, the moderator in charge of our section. :)

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Don't get me wrong, I do think the "unpopular type issue" is something we should mind, but I don't think it's a reason to bomb down the CotM. That said, what do you think about Pokémon Clubs having a thread like this? A bit of CSS styling can instantly make the first post and therefore the club a lot more attractive. A thread like that can help people who have no clue about the code.

How is that not a reason? On what basis are you making that claim?

I need to explain this again:

Why do people join a club? Because they like the subject of the club. Why did I join a Ghost-type or a Fighting-type, or hell even a Water-type club? Because I like those types. Why would people join my Rock-type club? Because they like rock-types. Then how come only 5 members joined over the course of one month and a half? How come only 3 members joined VoD's club over the same course? Because people apparently are biased against Rock- and Fighting-types, for some reason. Meanwhile Dedenne1 (no offense, cheers) with his Electric-type club gets 8 members (including myself) in just a few days. Would you agree with a club with low popularity such as mine or VoD's winning the award of CoTM?

Now I know what you're going to say, that if they don't contribute to the club it's worthless, but the amount of members actually kinda helps to see how much the subject of the club is liked.

Also I hate this argument that "lol everyone agreed to this so we're on" when only a minority (5-6 posters) liked the idea of a CoTM. Imo, a wider margin would have been needed.

Last edited:

Dedenne1

Years
  • People actually join clubs also to help boost activity or because they just like discussing them. Im currently in say about 90% of the clubs because i want to help them succeed and the others i enjoy discussing things there. So no it doesnt always matter if they like the typing.

But you have a point so do not get me wrong and thinking im saying "your incorrect" cause your really not with that point certain clubs gain more members based on the amount of people having interest in that particular subject.

Heres where i may disagree:
    I would have no problem with you winning Cotm if you were trying hard as a club owner as that is the reason Cotm is in place to recognize and reward the efforts of club owners.

Also has someone made that argument? Cause i havent seen it yet because that argument seems unfair honestly but all of this really is in the hands of Quajatsu as much as it is on ours because he really makes the final decision here. Now obviously we dont have as many people as other sections so a smaller group is voting am i saying well if 2 people say yes and 1 disagrees then its yes, no, however if theres only 10% of the total people saying no it should go the other way.

So the question is does anyone else agree with this? Because i personally think we should keep Cotm the way it is but thats just me but id like to know how everyone stands on this before any real decisions are made. But at best i think the current system is worth a try.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • How is that not a reason? On what basis are you making that claim?

I need to explain this again:

Why do people join a club? Because they like the subject of the club. Why did I join a Ghost-type or a Fighting-type, or hell even a Water-type club? Because I like those types. Why would people join my Rock-type club? Because they like rock-types. Then how come only 5 members joined over the course of one month and a half? How come only 3 members joined VoD's club over the same course? Because people apparently are biased against Rock- and Fighting-types, for some reason. Meanwhile Dedenne1 (no offense, cheers) with his Electric-type club gets 8 members (including myself) in just a few days. Would you agree with a club with low popularity such as mine or VoD's winning the award of CoTM?

Now I know what you're going to say, that if they don't contribute to the club it's worthless, but the amount of members actually kinda helps to see how much the subject of the club is liked.

Also I hate this argument that "lol everyone agreed to this so we're on" when only a minority (5-6 posters) liked the idea of a CoTM. Imo, a wider margin would have been needed.

Then give us a solution, otherwise this is just trolling and spam if you keep posting the same thing over and over.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    My other solution than the Point System is strictly limiting the voting to Pokémon Club Owners and Members. If possible, we can add different categories for example like clubs with the best design, clubs with the best topic and so on.

Regarding on the biased concern, perhaps club owners can decide if they are going to take part on being voted? But on a fair exchange, if they chose to be opted out that month they cannot vote. For multiple clubs owner like Habei, Nichole, Alex and I, we cannot vote for that month. But people can still nominate for the clubs we didn't opt out and in case we opted out 2 clubs, we cannot vote for 2 months. Sounds serious, but hey owning a club is a real responsibility still fun but never a joke.

I would also like to suggest something like outstanding members of the club, it can take place simultaneously with CoTM (so they can share a thread or something like that). But voting is not needed, the club owners just need to name a person from their club (or none if the owner doesn't see any particular outstanding member that month), if they were nominated for 5 times, they can receive an emblem.

As for the Points System for CoTM, I would like to withdraw the idea for now, since we have at least 2-3 long-established clubs and at the same time we have fairly new clubs around, so it's going to cause imbalance if the system is introduced now. However, I'd like to recycle the Points System for future events, so stay tune! {XD}

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Then give us a solution, otherwise this is just trolling and spam if you keep posting the same thing over and over.

I answered that post because I'd really like to know why Lycanthropy thinks that issue is not a problem. The only solution I can give you right now, and you're probably gonna ignore it (lol) is to not hold CoTM. I've brought my arguments, so I'll lay this down to rest.

On the other hand however, I do agree with FC, because I actually like the criteria that's being used. But again, I'm still a bit concerned over the bias issue.

Last edited:
    Back