• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Clubs Feedback and News

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
On the other hand however, I do agree with FC, because I actually like the criteria that's being used. But again, I'm still a bit concerned over the bias issue.

Don't worry about the biased on FC, since the decision is done by Alex's professional perception. :P He knows the statistic here, since he's the mod of this section (duh!). He'll push the club when he sees a club is falling behind.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
I have updated the rules with a new post! A lot of them are the same, but the notable changes are that 1. Single evolution clubs are no longer allowed and 2. Club ownership has been limited to 3 clubs per owner, no exceptions. You can read all of them here.

Years
I'm glad there's now a rule that evolution line-based clubs are banned because I have seen some in the past and it was so hard replying to topics in those clubs because if it wasn't a popular Pokemon, expect the topics to run out quickly. You did a good job with that one change there, dude.

Last edited:

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Well i already knew about the one rule going in but glad you also put in a rule about one line evo clubs they dont really work that great so nice changes!

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Wiicked and I have decided to create an event for the Pokémon Club section! It's called the Pokémon Club Monotype Race!

The word 'Race' is used instead of challenge, because:
It should be separated to Azazel's section and his challenge;
We want to stress the idea it's a race, a competition rather than simply a monotype challenge;

Additionally Wiicked has talked to Azazel to ensure we aren't crossing the line, so no worries on that part. ;)

Here's the rules from the Psychic-type Mono Challenge, which we can based on since this race is directly based on the said event.

Please note the following rules for the Psychic event are applied to the hack games Blaze Black 2 and Volt White 2.

Spoiler: Psychic Monotype Rules

The Psychic-type Club Monotype Challenge

PARTICPANTS (Alphabetic order) & SCOREBOARD

Team Blaze Black

Dragoz
Ketsu

Team Volt White

Mewtwolover
Sun

REWARD FOR WINNING TEAMS

Emblem​

RULES

• Only Volt White 2 and Blaze Black 2 version (Vanilla or Completed) gameplay are recognized for this event. However, other forms of Psychic-type Monotype Challenge are very welcomed from non-participants.
  • Any forms of cheats, hacks, save file exchanges and/or trades (including PokeRadar, PokeTransfer) are prohibited; all 649 is obtainable no point on breaking this rule.
  • You are required to capture at least one Psychic Pokemon from Route 20, Ralts is available in all 4 season while Smoochum is only available during winter. Additionally Ralts learns Confusion at Level 6. You are required to level up your Ralts at least at Level 6 before depositing or releasing the starter that was given by Bianca.
  • Eevee is allowed as long as it evolves into Espeon by the time you arrived to Undella Town.
    Soothe Bell is given at Floccesy Ranch, you are strongly advised to attach it to your Eevee.
    Eevee evolves during the daytime.
  • Staryu is allowed as long as it evolves into Starmie by the time you arrived to Opelucid City.
    Water Stone is given at Battle Company in Castelia City.
  • Venonat is allowed as long as it evolves into Venomoth by the time you arrived to Mistralton City. (Complete version only)
  • Psyduck is allowed as long as it evolves into Golduck by the time you arrived to Village Bridge. (Complete version only)
  • Hoothoot line can be used. (Complete version only)
  • Zen Mode Darmanitan is forbidden from being used as a battler. However, it can act as an HM Helper.
  • All Legendary and/or Mythical Pokemon are banned from participating.
  • All Pokémon for this Monotype challenge must be caught in game.
  • HM Helpers are permitted; they do not need to match your type. However, they can NOT be used in any battles.
  • You need to update every capture, evolution, Gym matches, (per) Elite Four matches.
  • You are needed to update in new posts; after a post has followed by (regardless if they are participants or not).
  • Points are shared; there will be no individual points for each team.
  • CHALLENGE STARTS NOW!!

GOAL

• It ends once all team members have defeated the Champion.
  • Additional scores for those who explored all post-game places and done all post-game events.

• Every team begins with 200 Pts.
  • Catching a new Psychic Pokemon species 10 Pts.
  • Evolving into a new Psychic Pokemon species 20 Pts.
  • Winning a Rival battle (per) 25 Pts. (Make sure to not forget!)
  • Winning a Gym Leader battle (per) 50 Pts.
  • Winning Elite Four battles (as a whole) 200 Pts.
  • Winning the first battle with Kyurem 100 Pts.
  • Winning the first battle with Ghetsis 100 Pts.
  • 10 Points for every TM collected. (Make sure to let us know!)
  • First person to record in Hall of Fame 500 Pts. (Based on the update post time)
  • First team to complete the whole challenge(including post-game content) 1000 Pts. (Based on the update post time) [This also marks the end for the whole monotype challenge; points will be counted for teams.]
  • With every images1 provided for the aforementioned progress an additional 50 Pts is given.
  • With every video2 provided for the aforementioned progress an additional 150 Pts is given.
  • PWT matches with your rival and any Gym Leaders do not count.
  • Only the successful initial match and successful first rematch with the Elite Four gives points.
  • The initial match on Aspertia lookout and the rematch with your rival in Driftveil City during post-game do not give points.

1, 2 Images and videos do not need to be HQ and/or HD. However, the contents should be at least visibly clear.
    Additionally random images or videos are prohibited; they are limited for Point-gaining related events (See 'POINTS' for definition).

As stated earlier, rules for the Monotype Race will be based on Psychic-type Club's Monotype, it will be further amended as soon as we've reach an agreement for the games we're using.

Here are some basic guidelines:

• Contrary to the event's name, the race will not be exclusive for the current existing 17 type clubs; Non-types are in fact more than welcome. In case for non-elemental type clubs taking part, the types they are going with will be decided by random number generator (from 1-18, by alphabetic order), so that certain types won't be chosen for the sake of advantage to be fair. As for type clubs, they are automatically assigned to the club they are affiliated with. It should be noted that the event is not compulsory.
  • Only one member (including the club owner themselves) can represent one Club. For example, if Wiicked represented Bug-type Club, he can't present other clubs. This should be also translated as limiting clubs to represent one person only.
  • This event is only exclusive for club owner and members.
  • Representatives will be chosen by that Club's owner and the Club owner can decide to participate as well. The club owner can decide by various methods but not limited to, in-club battles, in-club quizzes, that member's knowledge, personal reasons. However, no one should force or badger an another person to join the event.
  • The club owner is not entitled to represent his/her own club. For example: Hikamaru can represent Flying-type, despite as the owner of Fairy-type Club and Water-type Club.

Now on to the discussion part. Feel free to suggest a game we're going to play with, it can be an official game of a hack game.
If it's a hack game, please make sure that game has a lot of variety to offer for each type, at least as much as the official Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Unova Dex. That hack game should also have less glitch as possible. Most importantly, it should offer a complete plot and ends at least after defeating that hack game's Champion.

Last edited:

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I have one suggestion: make this available for Blaze Black and Volt White as well.

I forgot about BB/VW 1 since it's been long I last played it! The sequel though. It was unforgiving towards Psychic Pokémon, as a club member have noted the hacks were made to punish Psychic Pokémon! {XD}

I understand the choice of BB/VW 1, they have 649 Pokémon available, which is obviously great for mono races.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Its a bit confusing but i get the point system.
Id suggest pokemon reborn but its a more hardcore game so no

Theres Pokemon Godra which has no fakemon (im assuming we want one with no fakemon) and thats a simple fangame just download and play for anyone thats never played a hack and doesnt know how to patch and so forth.

Ill do alittle research i have over 50 rom hacks and games on my flash drive so it may take a sec haha

Btw in my opinion i should not be able to represent fairy types unless im representing the fairy type club in my opinion therefore it would make more sense for the winners would they be individual or actual clubs btw?

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Its a bit confusing but i get the point system.
Id suggest pokemon reborn but its a more hardcore game so no

Theres Pokemon Godra which has no fakemon (im assuming we want one with no fakemon) and thats a simple fangame just download and play for anyone thats never played a hack and doesnt know how to patch and so forth.

Ill do alittle research i have over 50 rom hacks and games on my flash drive so it may take a sec haha

Btw in my opinion i should not be able to represent fairy types unless im representing the fairy type club in my opinion therefore it would make more sense for the winners would they be individual or actual clubs btw?

Go to the Psychic-type Club, my wonderful members are willing to explain to you! The event is actually popular in our club! {XD}

I just used you as a model, fiiiiinnne. I'll just replace it Nichole's name! :P I hope the example didn't create any confusion, we're not deciding for you! Lol

Ahem. On a serious note representing is totally up to the club owner.
It can be as simple as 'oh I'm friends with ABC, ABC should participate for my Club (of course that person has agreed already), or you can organize a quick event to decide!

It's totally up to the club owner, we wanna respect the clubs and their owners, that is why the ultimate decision is on them: they can decide on themselves how representatives are chosen!

Not to mention it's a free event, hahaha! The clubs are free to take part or not! {XD}

Years
Quite a cool idea, though seems a shame to limit it to just one person per club but then again it would be a lot to keep track of.

I'm just starting a couple of challenges so probably won't want to do it myself but am more than happy for my clubs to take part and will cheer on the participants!

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Quite a cool idea, though seems a shame to limit it to just one person per club but then again it would be a lot to keep track of.

I'm just starting a couple of challenges so probably won't want to do it myself but am more than happy for my clubs to take part and will cheer on the participants!

Feel free to ask your Club members then! While there is no discussion and official listing for the prizes. I believe the owner of the winning club and the winning participant member will receive an emblem!

By the way, a permanent active member, CharmedGardy, from my Grass-type Club says he prefers the official Black 2 for his playthrough.

Wicked3DS

Years
I will confirm that I will be having at least a winning team emblem for this. Should we do emblems for more than 1st place?

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I will confirm that I will be having at least a winning team emblem for this. Should we do emblems for more than 1st place?

Yeah I suggest an Emblem for the Winning Clubs: Winner, 1st Runner Up, 2nd Runner UP and a participation emblem if possible.

Oh I'd like to add that, once a participant quits an another person from the same club can fill up the slot (Once only). If no replacement are presented for 48 hours, that club is automatically disqualified. If the participant who filled up the slot quits again, the club is disqualified. Disqualified parties won't receive any forms of prizes.

Additionally save files cannot be shared, regardless they are filling up for a person who quit or not.

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
Years
Sorry, but I'm afraid my Club isn't going to be participating in your idea, Sun... I just don't have the time right now, sorry.... :/

Wicked3DS

Years
I almost made a whole thread for this, but I don't think it's necessary.

Today marks one year that I have been a mod here and I just want to thank everyone that has put in any kind of effort on this forum over the past year. Give yourselves a pat on the back because if you weren't here, well, I wouldn't have a section to moderate :P I hope you've enjoyed the past year and hopefully I can improve and make things here even better in year two!

Years
We're happy you're here as well Alex, and so much has changed about our section in just one year of you in leadership. We look forward to more things from you!

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
Years

Today marks one year that I have been a mod here and I just want to thank everyone that has put in any kind of effort on this forum over the past year. Give yourselves a pat on the back because if you weren't here, well, I wouldn't have a section to moderate :P I hope you've enjoyed the past year and hopefully I can improve and make things here even better in year two!

Thank you so much for continuing to moderate this section, Quajutsu! I personally love the work you do for this forum, and definitely consider you an above average moderator... :)

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Yep! Happy 1st wicked modversary! Let the flames begin for year two! ;)

tumblr_n4v2pygvfG1sk3vuho1_500.gif

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
Years

I think I'm late :P Anyways Happy 1st Modversary! I really like your hard work and dedication for this Section! We look to see more though! :D

Back