• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What are your favorite aspects of OR/AS?

Ryz

Years
  • Just out of curiosity what are some of your favorite aspects about OR/AS? Mine would probably be the delta episode. I also enjoy the new megas. Mega Pidgeot is cool. Unbelievably weak but neat character design.
    Obviously a good aspect is taking me back to my childhood playing the original Ruby and Sapphire.

Tell me what are your favorite aspects?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I really like how easy they made IV breeding. They've been making it easier with each generation, and I finally decided to take the leap and try to get into it. It wasn't as hard as I was expecting, and I enjoy doing it. And because of that, it's my favorite aspect about ORAS.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • It was... cute.

Delta episode was interesting. The games need more post-game content other than min/maxing and collecting.

The Johto games were fantastic because of that. You beat the game but then there's SO MUCH more to explore after that.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I love how much there is to do in the games--that's definitely my #1 favorite aspect of ORAS and it's why I still get so much enjoyment out of it long after I bought it. The number of Pokemon you can catch in it is huge and Hoenn itself is an enormous (and beautiful!) region, so it's fun to explore. And I find it to just be a beautiful game, overall. The graphics are so warm and vibrant and colorful.

And yea, I agree, ORAS gave us a great set of Megas ^_^

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Megas, but most megas aren't really impressive just look at Slowbro and did GF copied Yugioh. so yeah, Hoen is very wide than before

Ryz

Years
  • Megas, but most megas aren't really impressive just look at Slowbro and did GF copied Yugioh. so yeah, Hoen is very wide than before

Ugh.. don't even get me started on Mega Slowbro. That giant Sellder? Come on GameFreak.... I do like how mean Slowbro's expression is. Also... I like all the new areas they added... like Mirage spots.

I love how much there is to do in the games--that's definitely my #1 favorite aspect of ORAS and it's why I still get so much enjoyment out of it long after I bought it. The number of Pokemon you can catch in it is huge and Hoenn itself is an enormous (and beautiful!) region, so it's fun to explore. And I find it to just be a beautiful game, overall. The graphics are so warm and vibrant and colorful.

And yea, I agree, ORAS gave us a great set of Megas ^_^

Yeah... there were tons of Pokemon to catch. I also like how you get your National Dex before the 8th gym. Or is it after? Never checked. Its before E4. I also like the Dex Nav feature. Makes finding Pokemon with better stats and moves easier. Or if you wanna trade a rare one to a new game.

I really like how easy they made IV breeding. They've been making it easier with each generation, and I finally decided to take the leap and try to get into it. It wasn't as hard as I was expecting, and I enjoy doing it. And because of that, it's my favorite aspect about ORAS.

True. I never was really into IV breeding. I did the Masuda method to try and get a shiny Eevee.... also bred things like my Eletevire for future games but thats it for breeding. Also, never got the shiny.

It was... cute.

Delta episode was interesting. The games need more post-game content other than min/maxing and collecting.

The Johto games were fantastic because of that. You beat the game but then there's SO MUCH more to explore after that.

I 100% agree. I honestly think that with the next main series game they're gonna take off things like the delta episode. I wish they'd bring back walking with Pokemon. I'd love to see what walking with Kyurem would be like. Or one of its fusions.

Last edited by a moderator:

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
  • Soaring- so convenient, Now I don't need to waste a move spot for fly
    Getting the national Pokedex before beating the champion, I am not looking forward to battling the champion. Curse you sturdy, Spikes, and full restores

Years
  • Soaring- so convenient, Now I don't need to waste a move spot for fly
    Getting the national Pokedex before beating the champion, I am not looking forward to battling the champion. Curse you sturdy, Spikes, and full restores
    I totally agree! I absolutely loved the soaring feature, it was really cool that you could see all the locations from above. :) Like a couple others said, OR/AS definitely gave us an awesome set of new Mega Evolutions. The new locations were pretty cool, like the Mirage Spots. Not to mention how warm the textures were, haha. Overall, OR/AS was amazing, 7.8/10? I beg to differ, IGN. {XD}

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Not to mention how warm the textures were, haha. Overall, OR/AS was amazing, 7.8/10? I beg to differ, IGN. {XD}

This is another thing I love about the games. I've always thought the color palette and textures were a little bit more vibrant than in X & Y, but that may just be my imagination. Still, playing ORAS just gives me a warm feeling, in a way. The whole game gives the impression of a sunny, tropical region :)

Years
  • Pokenav Plus. I really like the way they combined the paged features from X and Y with the Pokenav; it's all on the bottom screen of your 3DS so they're very easy to bring up whenever you need any of them (especially with the region map). Amazing features like the Secret Base tracker and the Berry tracker are only a tap away!

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Nothing much.

Let's see, DexNav and New Mega Evolutions. Yeah, nothing more.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Not a fan of the Soaring feature or the graphics?

I personally prefer the good ol' fly, I only use Soar when Fly is not accessible. While I don't hate or dislike it, I think Fly's more convenient for me. :)

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I get that. :) I personally enjoy Soar because you don't have a Pokémon taking up a slot on your team just for traveling purposes. :P

Actually you are perfectly correct on that. :) I also appreciate the views from up above. I guess it's my old habit to include a Pokemon that knows the move Fly. {XD} It feels weird and something is missing when none of my members have the move Fly.

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years
  • My favorite features are all of the shiny new DexNav features. They are incredibly helpful, and getting a golden crown in the corner for every area was one of my main motivations for completing the PokeDex (besides getting the shiny charm, that is).

Also, I like the fact that we can creep through grass now. It saves me from bumping into wild Pokemon, and it's hilarious.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • There was so much that I enjoyed about the original Ruby and Sapphire, it was a given that I felt the same about the remakes. The Delta Episode was fantastic and is something that should be added onto the end of every game, it is perfect for post-storyline content.

Boured

The Guildmaster
    Years
  • I like how in the DexNav it shows tiles from the original Ruby and Sapphire, because when I see it I think back to the Ruby and Sapphire version of the location which I really like.

Years
  • I loved the DexNav, thanks to its ability to allow you to easily nab Pokemon with good IVs, egg moves or hidden abilities. I managed to have gotten some nice finds from it during my time playing.

Soaring with Latios/Latias was also nice, because it meant you didn't need a Fly slave to quickly get around. I also loved the nice view you got of the region while you were in the air.

Back