• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

victim of a crime

Sirfetch’d

Have you ever been the victim of a crime?

When I was about 3 my house was completely robbed while we were on vacation. I don't remember anything about it of course but my family took pictures and absolutely nothing was left. They even took the things like our plates and silverware.

Years
  • I had $175k stolen from me in an inheritance fiasco. Not as bad as your situation since I can't miss the money that I never had.
    Did you have any insurance to cover it?

Years
  • When I was a toddler we got robbed by a guy wielding a massive screwdriver. I slept through the whole thing though.

In more recent memory my car has been broken into, my wallet has been stolen and someone got a hold of my visa info and spent hundreds upon hundreds of dollars on movies and pretzels.

pkmin3033

I've had online accounts hacked - most recently my eBay account, which has been a real pain in the arse to get sorted out, because customer services are profoundly unhelpful - in the past, although nothing too serious has come of it. I've been subject to mail fraud and lost about £100 worth of goods, but that was mostly my fault for not using registered post. I was also subject to extensive child abuse whilst growing up.

So, nothing too bad. Could have been worse.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • someone got my account details and ended up spending thousands somewhere in indonesia. i called the bank and it was reversed but still scary to think how easily someone can access your details online.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Somebody broke into my car and stole my Spice Girls CD. Ever since, I am a gruesome nighttime avenger, vowing to one day get my revenge.

At least 80% of that is true.

Years
  • Somebody broke into my car and stole my Spice Girls CD. Ever since, I am a gruesome nighttime avenger, vowing to one day get my revenge.

At least 80% of that is true.

I find this really hard to believe.
    Nobody would want to take a Spice Girls CD.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The only emotion I'd feel in that circumstance is relief.
    You're just too young to have had a great childhood.

90s-hair-baby-spice-pigtails.gif

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I never lived anything like that.

Does it count if I was walking home, alone in the dark and a car saw me, slow down, stop right behind me in a sketchy road, I started running and the car left on a spin. So I'm pretty sure I almost get abducted, or rape or wtv. (I lived in a place that wasn't save and I remember one or two woman disappeared on that street).

Beside this adventure, nothing happened.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    At age 10 or so, collecting cute notebooks and not writing in them was all the rage, so I had this notebook with a puppy on it that I brought to school, and some bitch stole it from my cubby hole

And on a more serious scale, my family's store was broken into. Twice. In the same way, through the ceiling, within two weeks. They took a laptop and misc. supplies the first time, we replaced the laptop, they dropped in again and stole the new laptop too.

The valuable lesson we learned, aside from tightening security - back up your irreplaceable photos. :'( They were actually personal laptops so there were no important documents in them, but it still sucks.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Got mugged on the way home from work once a couple of years ago. I was working as a barman at the time, and I had a lot of late (i.e. early-AM) finishes. The normal bus route I'd take back to my house was diverted and so I got off a little way away, and it was either go the long way around and get home later (but, in hindsight, safer) or take a shorter way that I'd taken before anyway which involved going through some not-so-safe places.

Needless to say, it didn't end well for me. I wasn't a big fan of just handing my stuff over, so things got a little unpleasant aaaaand I don't think either party was feeling particularly, uh, great afterwards. Funnily enough though they didn't take much - my best guess is that they'd not done this sorta thing before and didn't want to take anything too "serious". They definitely weren't very intimidating so for all I know I could've been their first "victim". Fortunately though all they seemed to really be interested in was money and some other, uh, stuff I had in my wallet (lol.) and I was feeling fine after a couple of days. Plus, fighting back made for a badass story, so there's always that.

Plenty of other stuff's happened too, but nothing that I care to go too much into.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    My university robs me of thousands each year.

Other than that, we got our house broken into once while I was a kid. Luckily, they only managed to get an old television.

Back