• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Life outside of Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2018
    I'm still fairly new to this forum and would love to get to know everyone a little better. With that in mind, share some things about you outside of the world of Pokemon! (Share as much or as little as you're comfortable with)

Examples:

What do you do for a living or what are your career goals?

What are your primary hobbies?

Are there any fun and unique facts about you and your life?

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • I work in a gift store but I'm trying to land a career as a translator. Aside from Pokemon I like Japanese idols, anime and mobile games. As for fun and unique facts.... Hmmmm... I'm on the internet for 14 hours a day on my days off? :p

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I'm currently a Barista at Starbucks who somehow doesn't like coffee at all, or a majority of our drinks
    I've always been into IT. Computer stuff is fun
    I'm trash.
    I watch a decentish bit of animu. Play a decent amount of games. Shitpost often. I have my mind set to surpassing Aurora, who I guess is the queen of shitposting.
    I've done quite a few interesting things in my life, like dropping out of college to move to Kansas. That was a mistake and a half.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
    Years
  • I usually just sit around at home, often depressed and feeling useless

My dream job is as a forensic data analyst

I usually just hang out on PC or the discord server, watch YouTube or play video games

I'm related to a former major league baseball player

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I'm graduating High School in June...then idk what I'll do. I've been thinking about this more and more.

I've volunteered for different events around the area, I don't do it often but it's something I enjoy. Other than that I just sit around, I never feel like doing anything after school anymore. Sometimes I go fishing but haven't lately.

I don't see myself as someone important, and I have a tendency not to care about things.

TY

Hi my name is TY and im a certified shitposter

Hot cocoa is my addiction, the one minute post timeout gives me friction
    I blow up servers for fun, but after that its time for me to run

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • I currently work in an IT company, computer stuff has always been my hobby and the fact that now it's my job is a fantastic thing.

I always liked football (actual football, the one you play with your feet ;)), I've played it for 7 years and I support a team.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hi cprmauldin! I'm Rika. I work as a chemist engineer with research and my career goal is to make enough money to not have to worry about money.

Aside from that I love to hang out with friends, sometimes I play games and watch tv shows, and I own two extremely floofy beautiful long haired cats.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Life outside Pok?mon? Wha?

Fulltime student, readying myself for a career in academics and education.

Playing Pok?mon. Talking about Pok?mon. Maybe other video games. Watching anime and reading sometimes. Practicing martial arts.

I'm very bad at this question.

I'm currently on exchange in Spain.

string555

Banned
    Years
  • What do you do for a living or what are your career goals?

I'm stuck doing warehousing work for right now, but I would like to get my ass back in school to do something better, preferably involving computers.

Besides playing video games, I like studying a lot. :B

My mind is drawing a blank right now, it's first thing in the morning at work, lol. :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2018
    The response has been awesome on this thread! Thanks guys!

I suppose I can answer my own questions now!

I'm a Police Officer. I absolutely love my job and couldn't imagine doing anything else.

Gaming, Comic Books, and Pokemon Cards (pretty much anything nerdy)

And I work out an hour a day, every day. (Gotta stay fit in my line of work!)

I have a pet Uromastyx lizard. His name is Yangus (named after a popular Dragon Quest character)

Years
    I'm unemployed rn to take care of my health but once I'm ok I would like a nice job :)

I code!! Mainly on tumblr but sometimes here I'll have CSS in my sig

Not really haha, i'm average!

Years
  • Hi I'm Janna! I currently work full time at a university in Manhattan, processing certification letters & F policies and doing student enrollment/graduation verification for employer background checks. Originally I wanted to be a graphic designer but didn't have much motivation to update my portfolio, and it was tough landing a job.. so here I am. I don't have plans to work here forever and at some point want to move up to better positions and perhaps transfer to the communications/marketing department to make use of my art/design skills. Or possibly a translator =)

I like drawing, writing, and playing games. I also love Japanese idols and cute things. ~(???~) let's get along

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I'm still a high school student at the moment but I'd love to be a clinical psychologist in the future! As long as I'm in a job where my primary role is to make a positive difference to other people's lives by helping them, I think I'd be happy. I also had a few other careers that I wanted to pursue in the past including being a paleontologist, microbiologist or even working on the UN. So who knows what I'll end up doing!

In my spare time, I like to draw even though I'm not very good at it! I also enjoy reading, occasionally cooking and watching various TV shows. I don't really play video games anymore but I still enjoy them too. My favourite way to spend time by far though is hanging out with friends. Also I'm currently trying to learn German and whilst its been slow, I really like it. :D

Other random facts: I love sushi (I eat it at least three times a week usually), I love dogs and I also love the Harry Potter series. I have really bad fine motor skills in that I can't do activities such as origami or sewing. Also I can sleep almost anywhere if I try!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2018
    I'm still a high school student at the moment but I'd love to be a clinical psychologist in the future! As long as I'm in a job where my primary role is to make a positive difference to other people's lives by helping them, I think I'd be happy. I also had a few other careers that I wanted to pursue in the past including being a paleontologist, microbiologist or even working on the UN. So who knows what I'll end up doing!

In my spare time, I like to draw even though I'm not very good at it! I also enjoy reading, occasionally cooking and watching various TV shows. I don't really play video games anymore but I still enjoy them too. My favourite way to spend time by far though is hanging out with friends. Also I'm currently trying to learn German and whilst its been slow, I really like it. :D

Other random facts: I love sushi (I eat it at least three times a week usually), I love dogs and I also love the Harry Potter series. I have really bad fine motor skills in that I can't do activities such as origami or sewing. Also I can sleep almost anywhere if I try!

I love sushi too!!

The only downfall is it tends to be a little pricey.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
    I'm a freshman in college currently and I hope to possibly be a teacher assistant after graduating. Wherever that job leads me, i don't know.

I watch a /lot/ of youtube, mostly jacksepticeye, dan and phil, pewdiepie, markiplier, shane dawson, game grumps, and crankgameplays. i also watch a lot of netflix/hulu in my free time and play a lot of video games.

i was born premature
    i'm fluent in american sign language
    i'm 20 but feel like i have the mentality of like, a 14 or 15 year old

Back