• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Deoxys & Forme Pals

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • 386.png
    386-attack.png
    386-defense.png
    386speed.png

Deoxys

Originally from the DNA of a space virus that underwent a mutation upon exposure to a laser beam, Deoxys is a Psychic-type Mythical Pokémon revealed in the third generation of games. Deoxys is known as the DNA Pokémon and has four Formes, one being the default Normal Forme—and the others being the Attack Forme, Defense Forme, and Speed Forme. Deoxys' signature move is Psycho Boost and is also Psychic-type.

What do you think of Deoxys? Do you like or dislike this Psychic-type? How do you feel about his Formes? Which one's your favourite and which one's your least favourite?

Magitronique

I SWALLOW SLUDGE TO TRANSFORM MYSELF
    Years
  • I kind of forget that it even exists to be perfectly honest lmao, which is a shame because it's pretty rad. Love the concept of it being some kind of weird living space virus mutant.

Personally I think the Speed and Attack Formes are the best ones, though Defense isn't too terribly bad. Normal I'm not particularly fond of, just seems like a worse version of the Attack Forme design-wise imo.

Years
  • I actually really like Deoxys and I remember all the rumours about how to get it back in the RSE days! I was really happy when they added the Delta Episode to ORAS so we can encounter it easily and was a nice call back to Emerald with the Space Station. I think my favourite is probably its speed forme, but I like how you could change the Pokemon ot suit a situation :)

Years
    • Seen today
    I like deoxys but i often forget it exists over the other hoenn legendaries

My favorite form is attack followed by speed

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Deoxys is pretty interesting; I used to really like using its Normal and Speed forme in competitive because its a reliable Stealth Rock User, and can dish out some pretty good damage. I think my favourite looking one is the Speed type?

Years
  • Really didn't care for it for the longest time, but a few years ago (around the ORAS days) it clicked and I've loved it ever since. Probably because of the Delta Episode? It's now in my top 5. :D

Years
  • i like deoxys and his typing and his lore as well. What i don't appreciate is the banal ability, they could have made an ability that only deoxys has and maybe related to the other forms. i love the speed form and the attack one as well, but i really hate the defense form

Years
  • I think idea behind Deoxys is great, especially how grounded its form changes are, given that it's alien Pokémon.

My favourite form is Normal one, because its arms. My least favourite is Speed. I hate Deoxys' head in this form.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I love Deoxys!! One of my fav legendaries. It's a good example of a Pokemon that's genuinely weird without going way overboard and looking utterly ridiculous (cough genesect and eternatus cough). My fav form is probably defense because I like the sleek look, but they're all pretty fab.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I'm mostly indifferent on it. That's because I barely ever had access to it. The first time was in OR and even then it being the final encounter of the postgame story I didn't really get to appreciate it.

I'm not a fan of its original form. But the alternate ones definitely have an interesting design. I don't know which one I prefer more because of how unique they all feel compared to each other.

They do feel very alien. That fits pretty well with Deoxys' origin!

Years
  • all i know is that every single time i've ever had a deoxys, i immediately change it to speed forme. there's just something about that design that just screams cool to me.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2021
    I'm mostly indifferent on it. That's because I barely ever had access to it. The first time was in OR and even then it being the final encounter of the postgame story I didn't really get to appreciate it.

I'm not a fan of its original form. But the alternate ones definitely have an interesting design. I don't know which one I prefer more because of how unique they all feel compared to each other.

They do feel very alien. That fits pretty well with Deoxys' origin!

Oh man. I really wish events would stop being time restricted. I get it drums up sales but how cool would it be if you could still access old events from old gens? You could still even have time sensitive events but at least always offer the chance to capture any of the mythical at any time via WiFi.

Gen IV really reeks of this issue given how many event legendaries were introduced. Playing those games without the DNS exploits is frustrating, knowing that you will never have access to some Pokemon to complete your Dex. The entire idea is frustrating. I keep my old Action Replay just to unlock the events I couldn't unlock via the DNS exploits.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I never really liked Deoxys, never cared for it much either. The closest I ever got to even somewhat liking it was in Ubers and utilising it's defense form as a hazard stacker. That was almost 4-5 years ago.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2021
    Love it. It's always had a kind of mystique to me that no other mythicals, save Mew and Celebi, possess.

As a kid, I lived close to no major cities, so I was very frustrated that I wasn't able to get Deoxys in the Pokemon Across America event. Deoxys to me represented "The one that got away" and I was so happy to see it return in ORAS. Even in Pokemon fan games and ROM hacks, I get excited every time Deoxys is integrated into the game as a surprise.

Years
  • I havent really given much thought to it but I think its a generally pretty cool pokemon. Like all event exclusive legendaries havent really seen it featured much in main games but from the limited times I've used it... it was pretty interesting.

Back