• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least Favourite Pikachu Clone

Years
  • Pikachu Plusle and Minun. They're too similar to Pikachu, like the designers of them hadn't yet figured out to make something more than derivative copies.

pkmin3033

Emolga, it has a disgusting colour scheme...and I found it generally annoying in the anime as well.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
    Years
  • I cannot say I dislike any of the Pika-clones.
    They're all pretty cute.

My least favourite would be Pachirisu, though.

Years
  • I don't understand how people can dislike Togedemaru. It's so cuuute.

6c9.gif

Anyways... none. Yeah, I thought about it for a good few minutes but couldn't come up with anything. They're all really cute, but I especially love Emolga, Dedenne, and Togedemaru. =p

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
    Years
  • They all look pretty neat but if I really had to choose, my least favorite would probably be Emolga.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Even though I don't really care for Pika-clones, I don't hate any of them. I just treat them like regular mons. So I'm equall to all of them.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2018
    Favorite to Least Favorite

1. Alolan-Raichu: It's incredibly adorable, and plays well off of the surfing motif.
    2. Pikachu/Pichu: What else can I say, I used to have all things pikachu in my room growing up.
    3. Raichu: Still love the original Raichu too :)
    4. Emolga: I love the typing, the little cape, and the color scheme.
    5. Plusle/Minun: Such a cute duo! Works perfectly with the debut of double battles in Gen III
    6. Marill/Azurill: A simple, yet effective design. Shaped like a bubble.
    7. Azumarill: It's easter egg motif is fairly cute.
    8. Dedenne: I would have liked a fairy type pikaclone to have pink in in the color scheme, but other than that it is adorable.
    9. Togedemaru: It's okay, it has a clever spike design with an inlay of colorful triangles.
    10. Pachirisu: I don't get "electric-type" from this pokemon, and it's a bit underwhelming compared to the above pokemon, despite it being cute.

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Pikachu is my least favorite but I suppose it doesn't count :p
    I like all the other ones.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
  • I'm quite fond of Emolga, Marill's line, and Pachi. The latter saved my butt in Reborn so many times, I've grown to appreciate its ability to troll in the right circumstances. Plus, I like squirrels cx

Plusle and Minun were favourites of mine in the early days of R/S, and although I'm not really a fan of theirs anymore, I can't outright dislike them either.

That leaves Togedemaru and Dedenne, though I have nothing against the steel-electric ball thingy. On the other hand, Dedenne looks way too much like a mini-Raichu and isn't as effective as it should be considering the typing.

I don't count Pichu, as it is a member of the Pika family. However, if I had classed it here, it would be high up on my favs list.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    oh god i hate them all so much

i HATE plusle and minun for being a double gimmick. it's like how can i already make a pikachu gimmick worse? let met just make a gimmick pair that basically look like pichus.

pachirisu/emolga are just huge pains in the asses. they're still not good just annoying to face.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I loathe the concept of electric rodents in every generation, and while I think Plusle and Minun are the very most boring ones, I still see the point of them as a double battle gimmick introduction. My least fav used to be Pachirisu but honestly I can't deny it is very cute. Togedemaru and Dedenne though have needlessly japanese names and are very redundant. At least they should have given all Pikachu clones evolutions - a Pachirisu evo would have been pretty awesome!

Back