• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: here's how bernie sanders can still win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • I'm a little peeved I'm moving to mornings at work now. I was perfectly happy working in the afternoons. I can stay up and go to sleep late with no problem lol

Sirfetch’d

I've had to work the closing shift at work about 6 days in a row now. While I enjoy being able to sleep in, the recovery shift is always so hectic.

pkmin3033

I always enjoyed working the opening shift when I worked retail. Getting up at 4:30am was hard, but having the afternoons and evenings to do what I wanted meant I could relax properly. Waking up and knowing I had to go out later just meant I worried about it all morning...

Sirfetch’d

The thing I dislike the most about the afternoon shift is, I can't really go out and do much during the day because I have to worry about being home in time to shower and get ready for work. If I do the opening shift, I can work, come home, and then not have to worry about being back at a certain time.

Years
  • The thing I dislike the most about the afternoon shift is, I can't really go out and do much during the day because I have to worry about being home in time to shower and get ready for work. If I do the opening shift, I can work, come home, and then not have to worry about being back at a certain time.

It's the same for anything uncomfortable. I went to a memorial yesterday afternoon and it was on my mind all morning.

Sirfetch’d

So glad that I have tomorrow off. I am not going to answer my phone if work calls because they could not pay me enough to go in.

pkmin3033

I find people whose shift you cover are often rarely willing to cover yours in return >.>

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    My job is ridiculously easy going tbh. I've succeeded in life kinda.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I ignored one of my co-workers' texts asking me to cover her shift tomorrow.

I feel guilty about it, but like.. she sent me that text right after I got home after covering someone else's shift (and before doing that, I covered ANOTHER person's shift) so it's like... I'm not really feeling up to it. If I made more money I'd take her up on her offer, but minimum wage? I don't get paid enough to care; my paycheck would still look like shit even with more hours.
    Any options/interest of climbing the of the company you're working for? I'd imagine that being one of the few cases where you'd literally want to cover every shift of your coworkers.

pkmin3033

I actually really enjoyed my last job, even though it was just an admin job. It's weird how stuff that sounds tiring can actually be quite enjoyable once you get used to it...usually. There are days where it just drags...

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

I want my next job to be a desk job I think. It's hard working a job with my bad back where I have to be on my feet for 8 hours straight.

pkmin3033

I don't think I could handle doing nights, since I can't sleep at all past 6am =x

Would love part-time morning hours, or working in a library or something.

Years
  • I ignored one of my co-workers' texts asking me to cover her shift tomorrow.

I feel guilty about it, but like.. she sent me that text right after I got home after covering someone else's shift (and before doing that, I covered ANOTHER person's shift) so it's like... I'm not really feeling up to it. If I made more money I'd take her up on her offer, but minimum wage? I don't get paid enough to care; my paycheck would still look like shit even with more hours.

Mm, I don't think it's bad you did! A nice rest would help no?

pkmin3033

Exercise is more work than actual work, and there's no real reward for it at the end >.>

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Both sitting all the time and standing all the time are equally unhealthy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back