• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best fossil Pokémon

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
  • It's a three-way tie between the Kabuto line, the Anorith line and Dracozolt.

Kabutops is an absolute beast in battle; I don't know why I haven't raised another after having done so in Platinum, but I'm certainly planning to. Anorith and Armaldo stand out to me because they're part Bug-type, and their more cartoony design just appeals to me. And Dracozolt not only looks the best out of the Galar fossils, but is also ADORABLE - it's a dinosaur Pikachu with dragon legs!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Omanyte for me! I just love that design and irl animal it's based on is so, so cute! That and Dracovish is up there, just because it's such a badass, haha.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Omanyte for sure! I remember seeing a book about fossils in my elementary school library and immediately connecting Omanyte to ammonites, and one of my very first Japanese cards was an Omanyte I got from a classmate. Discovered the following Halloween that we were actually neighbors and hung out a bit, trading cards and toys. Too bad he moved soon after. :/

When I finally found my first fossil over a decade later, I got it in my mind that I might be able to find an ammonite on the property. Ammonites don't actually occur here mind you, something I'd soon discover, but I did find a related ammonoid after a couple months of hunting. I was starting to think I'd even settle for a snail fossil, so this was more than close enough for me!

XSB5VOV.jpg

I also legitimately think Omanyte's the cutest of the fossil 'mon. I even SR'd a Shiny one!

pjVaSQI.jpg

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2022
    To be fair I like jaw fossil the most. Tyrantrum and tyrunt are beasts on their own terms plus the design is cool. Dracozolt and dracovish line comes a close second.

justletmedownloadthings

i once got a set of "pukey-mon" cards at the age o
    Years
  • i was gonna be a stinker and say "genesect" but honestly i think the Archeops line is very underappreciated in design terms. also i have a soft spot for anorith 'cuz i'm an Anomalocaris Appreciator™ and i'm glad there's a mon based on it

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Omanyte for sure! I remember seeing a book about fossils in my elementary school library and immediately connecting Omanyte to ammonites, and one of my very first Japanese cards was an Omanyte I got from a classmate. Discovered the following Halloween that we were actually neighbors and hung out a bit, trading cards and toys. Too bad he moved soon after. :/

When I finally found my first fossil over a decade later, I got it in my mind that I might be able to find an ammonite on the property. Ammonites don't actually occur here mind you, something I'd soon discover, but I did find a related ammonoid after a couple months of hunting. I was starting to think I'd even settle for a snail fossil, so this was more than close enough for me!

XSB5VOV.jpg

I also legitimately think Omanyte's the cutest of the fossil 'mon. I even SR'd a Shiny one!

pjVaSQI.jpg
    Just yes to all of this post.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Aurorus, great design, risky typing but cool abilities that make it fun and interesting to play with.

Rampardos, a high risk-high reward Pokémon. When Rampardos is in the field, you know the battle is going to end really quick. Quite situational and difficult to use, but that base Attack is just amazing.

Cradily. Very interesting typing that can be hard to deal with, and fun to use as it requires some strategy.

Then I guess there's Dracovish/Dracozolt, but those are basically overpowered, I think Fishious Rend and Bolt Beak should get a nerf in the next gen.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Archeops for me, primarily for the cool design… too bad its ability is not-so-great. :x But it was still a huge asset to my BW team! Also Amaura for being pretty. ❤️

Years
  • Looks-wise, Archeops~
    For how fun it is to use in battle, Cradily~
    Just has a special place in my heart for no reason? Aerodactyl <3

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
    Years
  • There are two fossilmon that I love the most: Aurorus and Carracosta

Aurorus is just beautiful. Has an interesting design, an interesting ability and, overall, I just simply love it.

Carracosta is absolutely cool. I love turtles, so this one has a special place in my heart. I think my fondness with it started when I was playing competitive battles in showdown. Shell Smash is such an interesting move.

Mario60866

Banned
    Years
  • My favorite fossil Pokemon, strangely, is Archeops. This is unusual for me considering that most of my favorite Pokemon originate from generation III or Generation IV.

The thing I like so much about Archeops is... I don't know! It's good at battling, it has a cool design, and it basically learns a 110-Base-Power move with no bad side effects (Acrobatics) which I can simply power up with a Flying Gem.

Also, I have beaten Pokemon Black and White with an over leveled Archeops like a million times.

Years
  • Archeops is my favorite. I love the design, the lore (it being the first bird Pokemon) and the progression from cute Archen that can't fly to the awesome Archeops that learns/is finally able to fly. I also like coming up with ways to use it in PvP battles despite it's ability. It was especially fun in Gen 7 with the Z-moves and Head Smash, I could use a rock Z-move and 2 Head Smashes before Defeatist would activate and that was super fun since not many Pokemon could survive those attacks from Archeops with its great Attack stat.

I also love Tyrantrum because of its cool design and Cradily because I loved using it in battles in lower tiers of Gen 6 and 7 metas on Showdown.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Love Bastiodon for both its design and its defensive capabilities. Helped me out quite a lot when I used one in a Pearl playthrough before.

Back