• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Public transportation

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
  • How often do you take a bus or any form of public transportation?

I have to take a bus to and from school every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (or the days I have class). There's two buses I take on the way to school and two on the way back home so I take four buses each class day. Luckily , someone always gives me and brother a pack of 2 hour bus passes so it's usually never a problem paying for fares. Eventually my dad's gonna start buying weekly or monthly passes for us to make it easier on us.

I just sit wherever (preferably in the back) and I put my stuff in the seat next to me. I know that may sound rude, but I like my personal space and I'm uncomfortable sitting next to complete stranger on a bus/train so I put mt stuff in the seat next to me cause I just like riding alone unless I know the person really well. I usually just play on my 3DS or look out the window to keep me occupied during the ride.

I've ran into so many odd people on a bus (like this middle-age guy in skinny jeans which I found hilarious.)

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I take the train to and from TAFE every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. I pay the half rate since I'm a student which is good since it's kind of far.
    Plenty of space on the train in the mornings but in the afternoons the carriages are packed with school kids, I choose to stand near the door on the way back home.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I grew up taking the bus when it was nice and convenient. However, now I refuse to take the bus, even when it's -20 degrees out, but only because I'm too lazy to figure out how they work, what the schedule is here, etc, haha.

I really enjoy subway rides though (in other cities and countries). Many interesting people there and it saves a lot of time when the walking distances start getting into the mile range.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    I live in London.

I spend my entire life on public transport or waiting for said public transport to ****ing arrive.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I tend to avoid public trans, because when I use 'em most--which is usually throughout the morning--they seem to be stuffed with passengers. Personally, I find that to be pretty annoying. d:

Years
  • At certain times daily, a bus at college will provide services to the mall or Wal-Mart. I basically take that bus every Friday and/or Saturday, just to give myself something to do.

But other than that I don't usually wait at bus stops for certain places.

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    I only take the school bus getting home mostly. Sometimes if necessary I'll take the public bus, but honestly I don't like the bus much. I can drive, just never have access to the car cause of my parents haha. D:

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • I used to go to school with bus when i was in primary classes, but now i rarely use any public transport, because i usually walk when i go to university, its very close to my house.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    I only take the bus if I am too lazy to walk if the journey's below 1 hour, however if the walking journey's 1 hour and above, I will just take the bus or the train.

Controversial?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    I feel you. I live in Newcastle and - whilst it's not as heavily populated as London, the transport is still a real pain.

I spend quite a lot of time on buses and metros around my region, rather draining, but has to do done, sadly.

Yowch, that sucks. Anyways, if you ever come to London, just to warn you the District line SUCKS. :P

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I used to take it a lot. Where I live going downtown is a lot easier if you drive to a subway station and take the subway downtown, because a round-trip subway ride is actually way cheaper than parking downtown. But lately they've been inflating the price like crazy, so it's been years since I've actually taken any public transportation. It's only worth it for going long distances.

Years
  • I take public transport when I need to go anywhere that isn't really within walking distance. Have a driving license but it's just cheaper and better for me to take transport for now, being in NYC and all. Though Staten Island doesn't exactly get the best end of the stick in that regard since we're the least populated borough. ~_~

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Never. Public transportation in my area sucks, and I actually live about 45 minutes outside the city, so even if it wasn't garbage I couldn't take it because it doesn't come out that far. So I drive pretty much everywhere, like the majority of people here. This area really requires you to own a car since everything is pretty spread out and we have such crappy public transportation.

That said, I don't know if I'd want to be reliant on public transportation. I like the freedom of being able to come and go as I please and not have my life dictated by bus or train schedules.

Years
  • Don't have a car or anything, so I have to rely on public transportation (bus) to get to and from work. At least my bus stop is only a couple blocks up the hill and runs all the time, so I don't normally have to wait that long for a bus.

Taking the bus means 4-5 back and forth trips a week, which usually takes me about 20 minutes each way. Passes get pretty costly though ($90 a month which tops $1000 in a year), but that's still cheaper than a year's worth of gas for the amount I'd use, so I guess it's worth it.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Oh my god, the stories I could tell regarding NYC's public transportation. If there exists a place wilder than our MTA Subway System, please show me. I won't believe you.

Controversial?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    I've never been on District, only Central, Piccadilly & Victoria... Forever hearing bad stories about District though.

Ahh, good choice of lines. Victoria is an absolute beast :P
    Yeah, the District line has its fair share of horror stories... why do I live on its route -.-

At least it's not the Hammersmith and City, though. :P

Back