• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Favourite and Least Favourite Gen 2 Pokémon

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    I've seen a few threads going about asking peoples' favourite Pokémon from Gen 4, 5 and so on. So, I decided to make one dedicated to the Pokémon of Gen 2 :)

My favourites would have to be Crobat and Ampharos. Most of the time they were on my team every time I started a new game on HeartGold or SoulSilver. Least favourites would have to be Corsola and Pichu. Corsola just really isn't a rememberable Pokémon and a baby Pikachu just for me personally wasn't really necessary.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    My favourite Gen 2 Pokemon is Feraligatr, no contest. Other favourites include Crobat, Lanturn, Ampharos, Azumarill, Politoed, Quagsire, Espeon, Misdreavus, Gligar, Steelix, Scizor, Shuckle, Heracross, Sneasel, Mantine, Skarmory, Houndoom, Kingdra, Porygon2, Smeargle, Hitmontop, Miltank, Suicune, Tyranitar, Ho-Oh, and Celebi.

My least favourite Gen 2 Pokemon is Stantler. It's so ugly and frustrating. It has a low catch rate and comes as early as Route 37, at which it's strong enough to faint your Pokemon. And it's not even worth the effort. You're better off with Tauros, Miltank, Snorlax, or Ursaring.
    Other least favourites include Unown for being so useless, Umbreon for being annoying and overrated, Granbull for being ugly and annoying, and Pineco because it likes to spam Selfdestruct and isn't as good as the likes of Geodude or Koffing.

Years
  • Tyranitar and Sneasel are tied for this spot! There are so many good Pokémon from Generation II that it's actually difficult to choose! Worst? Sunkern, hands down. Sun Stones were so rare in the game that it was a complete waste to evolve it just to complete the Pokédex. I think it's still one of the worst Pokémon of all time to this very day.

Sunkern is expensive to evolve (as opposed to no item required) and has some of the worst stats. Only if it's endgame was worth something, but it's not.

Years
  • The second generation of Pokemon had many fine Pokemon, and in my personal opinion none were quite as fine as Suicune. I enjoy Suicune's design as well as the fact that it was the mascot for Pokemon Crystal, another most excellent installment in the Pokemon series.

Years
  • My favorites in Gen2 would be Tyranitar because he is awesome and got a pretty nice stats And Espeon because she is cute and deadly

My least favorite would be Quagsire because he looks dumb and does not have enough stats to be worth the time training him up.

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
  • My favorite Gen II mon, and my favorite Water type, is Corsola! I know it's not that great competitively, but IT'S SO CUTE??? I also really love the Swinub line, Togepi line, Cleffa (since it's a prevo on my favorite Gen I mon), and all of the starters.

My least favorite is actually Bellosom. It's cute, but Vileplume is better.

Years
  • I love so many Gen 2 Pokémon that it's difficult for me to choose. Ampharos, Kingdra and Skarmory are up there.

Least favourite? Miltank. For obvious reasons.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2016
    Favorites are Umbreon and Ampharos.

Least is pretty much Miltank. It has to be, and Whitney is the worst person ever, too.

Years
  • Favourite ones? Too many. This was a generation unlike any other with some really great designs and names. There's Tyranitar, Kingdra, Umbreon, Espeon, Typhlosion, Crobat, Slowking, Steelix, Scizor <3, Houndoom, Donphan, Three Legendary Dogs, Ho-oh, Lugia, Celebi.

Pokemon that I didn't like were Sentret and Sudowoodo (damn you Sudowoodo for making me search all over Johto how to get past you when I was 10 years old)

Years
  • Azumarill has probably grown into my favorite Pokemon from Johto (especially the shiny ones), but Slowking, Umbreon, and Lugia are pretty high up on the list as well.

And while I don't really dislike them, I would say Tyrogue/Hitmontop are my least favorite. There's nothing wrong with them, but I never really felt they fit in with Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, and wish they would've been their own seperate line.

Happy and at peace. :)
    Years
  • Hmm, I have to say favorites are Lugia, Tyranitar, Typholsion, Feraligatr.

Lest favorite? Not really any I guess.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Favorites

182.png
    229.png
    230.png
    154.png
    242.png
    181.png
    196.png
    222.png
    221.png
    togetic.png
    suicune.png
    203.png

Least Favorite
    160.png
    211.png
    248.png
    195.png
    219.png
    201.png
    210.png
    185.png
    224.png
    237.png

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Most favourite:

152.gif
    157.gif
    160.gif
    180.gif
    196.gif
    229.gif
    231.gif
    245.gif
    216.gif

Least favourite:

219.gif
    248.gif

Also I have something very against Raikou this generation:

243.gif

^ WEIRD HEAD.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Most favourite:

152.gif
    157.gif
    160.gif
    180.gif
    196.gif
    229.gif
    231.gif
    245.gif
    216.gif

Least favourite:

219.gif
    248.gif

Also I have something very against Raikou this generation:

243.gif

^ WEIRD HEAD.
    Raikou's sprite actually changed in Crystal version~

My favs are so many tbh. Chikorita, Flaaffy, Sneasel, Scizor, Skarmory, Raikou, Ho-oh, Magby, Smeargle...

I'm not overly fond of the Tyranitar line, but I also don't have much against it. Wobbuffet is another one I've never quite grown fond of, as is actually Ampharos haha. I never liked its looks and would have much preferred it evolved into a fluffy ram of some kind than this kangaroo-rat ;D

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Favourites - Ariados, Ledian, Donphan, Kingdra, Crobat, Houndoom, Miltank
    Least favourites - Ursaring, Shuckle, Slowking

Those are the only three I really dislike, the rest are fine. Johto has some good Pokemon!

Back