• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Favourite and Least Favourite Gen 2 Pokémon

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
Years
  • Age 24
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 6, 2023
I've seen a few threads going about asking peoples' favourite Pokémon from Gen 4, 5 and so on. So, I decided to make one dedicated to the Pokémon of Gen 2 :)

My favourites would have to be Crobat and Ampharos. Most of the time they were on my team every time I started a new game on HeartGold or SoulSilver. Least favourites would have to be Corsola and Pichu. Corsola just really isn't a rememberable Pokémon and a baby Pikachu just for me personally wasn't really necessary.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
My favourite Gen 2 Pokemon is Feraligatr, no contest. Other favourites include Crobat, Lanturn, Ampharos, Azumarill, Politoed, Quagsire, Espeon, Misdreavus, Gligar, Steelix, Scizor, Shuckle, Heracross, Sneasel, Mantine, Skarmory, Houndoom, Kingdra, Porygon2, Smeargle, Hitmontop, Miltank, Suicune, Tyranitar, Ho-Oh, and Celebi.

My least favourite Gen 2 Pokemon is Stantler. It's so ugly and frustrating. It has a low catch rate and comes as early as Route 37, at which it's strong enough to faint your Pokemon. And it's not even worth the effort. You're better off with Tauros, Miltank, Snorlax, or Ursaring.
Other least favourites include Unown for being so useless, Umbreon for being annoying and overrated, Granbull for being ugly and annoying, and Pineco because it likes to spam Selfdestruct and isn't as good as the likes of Geodude or Koffing.

Years
Tyranitar and Sneasel are tied for this spot! There are so many good Pokémon from Generation II that it's actually difficult to choose! Worst? Sunkern, hands down. Sun Stones were so rare in the game that it was a complete waste to evolve it just to complete the Pokédex. I think it's still one of the worst Pokémon of all time to this very day.

Sunkern is expensive to evolve (as opposed to no item required) and has some of the worst stats. Only if it's endgame was worth something, but it's not.

Years
The second generation of Pokemon had many fine Pokemon, and in my personal opinion none were quite as fine as Suicune. I enjoy Suicune's design as well as the fact that it was the mascot for Pokemon Crystal, another most excellent installment in the Pokemon series.

Years
My favorites in Gen2 would be Tyranitar because he is awesome and got a pretty nice stats And Espeon because she is cute and deadly

My least favorite would be Quagsire because he looks dumb and does not have enough stats to be worth the time training him up.

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
Years
My favorite Gen II mon, and my favorite Water type, is Corsola! I know it's not that great competitively, but IT'S SO CUTE??? I also really love the Swinub line, Togepi line, Cleffa (since it's a prevo on my favorite Gen I mon), and all of the starters.

My least favorite is actually Bellosom. It's cute, but Vileplume is better.

Years
I love so many Gen 2 Pokémon that it's difficult for me to choose. Ampharos, Kingdra and Skarmory are up there.

Least favourite? Miltank. For obvious reasons.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 28, 2016
Favorites are Umbreon and Ampharos.

Least is pretty much Miltank. It has to be, and Whitney is the worst person ever, too.

Years
Favourite ones? Too many. This was a generation unlike any other with some really great designs and names. There's Tyranitar, Kingdra, Umbreon, Espeon, Typhlosion, Crobat, Slowking, Steelix, Scizor <3, Houndoom, Donphan, Three Legendary Dogs, Ho-oh, Lugia, Celebi.

Pokemon that I didn't like were Sentret and Sudowoodo (damn you Sudowoodo for making me search all over Johto how to get past you when I was 10 years old)

Years
Azumarill has probably grown into my favorite Pokemon from Johto (especially the shiny ones), but Slowking, Umbreon, and Lugia are pretty high up on the list as well.

And while I don't really dislike them, I would say Tyrogue/Hitmontop are my least favorite. There's nothing wrong with them, but I never really felt they fit in with Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, and wish they would've been their own seperate line.

Years
My favorites are either Ampharos, Marill or Cleffa. I honestly don't know if I have any Pokemon I genuinely dislike in gen 2.

Happy and at peace. :)
Years
Hmm, I have to say favorites are Lugia, Tyranitar, Typholsion, Feraligatr.

Lest favorite? Not really any I guess.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 23, 2017
Favorites

182.png
229.png
230.png
154.png
242.png
181.png
196.png
222.png
221.png
togetic.png
suicune.png
203.png

Least Favorite
160.png
211.png
248.png
195.png
219.png
201.png
210.png
185.png
224.png
237.png

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
Most favourite:

152.gif
157.gif
160.gif
180.gif
196.gif
229.gif
231.gif
245.gif
216.gif

Least favourite:

219.gif
248.gif

Also I have something very against Raikou this generation:

243.gif

^ WEIRD HEAD.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Most favourite:

152.gif
157.gif
160.gif
180.gif
196.gif
229.gif
231.gif
245.gif
216.gif

Least favourite:

219.gif
248.gif

Also I have something very against Raikou this generation:

243.gif

^ WEIRD HEAD.
Raikou's sprite actually changed in Crystal version~

My favs are so many tbh. Chikorita, Flaaffy, Sneasel, Scizor, Skarmory, Raikou, Ho-oh, Magby, Smeargle...

I'm not overly fond of the Tyranitar line, but I also don't have much against it. Wobbuffet is another one I've never quite grown fond of, as is actually Ampharos haha. I never liked its looks and would have much preferred it evolved into a fluffy ram of some kind than this kangaroo-rat ;D

blue

gucci
Years
Favourites - Ariados, Ledian, Donphan, Kingdra, Crobat, Houndoom, Miltank
Least favourites - Ursaring, Shuckle, Slowking

Those are the only three I really dislike, the rest are fine. Johto has some good Pokemon!

Back