• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2021
    I would also complete it, but I thought it would be against PokéCommunity's plagiarism rules if I did so without permission (which I could not get). But that story ending would have been sick to witness!
    Even though the game won't be finished, it's still one of my favorites. The other Johto hacks out there just don't have that charm that Liquid Crystal had, with the extra plots and stuff.

Dude seriously! Go for it. Continue where he left off. And you can perhaps post it somewhere else. LinkandZelda won't care. He hasn't paid attention to Liquid Crystal in years, so why would he suddenly care about it now?

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Dude seriously! Go for it. Continue where he left off. And you can perhaps post it somewhere else. LinkandZelda won't care. He hasn't paid attention to Liquid Crystal in years, so why would he suddenly care about it now?

ShinyTllDawn already explaned why it would be a bad idea to do so.

NotDWaddler

You're goin' straight to Gensokyo, Jimbo.
    Years
  • This isn't fair. I wish LinkandZelda would finish it already. He is so damn close to being done, but he won't make a single update. Not one event, not one script, not one forsaken bugfix. I know he had some "real life problems" others have been mentioning but didn't specify, but seriously. How could anybody just throw all that hard work away? Liquid Crystal is the best hack out there, and it really breaks my heart that he did this.

Things happen and people sometimes can't be around for shit they've worked on anymore. Complaining and causing a fuss about it on their own thread's only gonna get the thing locked, so quit acting like a kid and respect that the dev can't be around.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • This isn't fair. I wish LinkandZelda would finish it already. He is so damn close to being done, but he won't make a single update. Not one event, not one script, not one forsaken bugfix. I know he had some "real life problems" others have been mentioning but didn't specify, but seriously. How could anybody just throw all that hard work away? Liquid Crystal is the best hack out there, and it really breaks my heart that he did this.

Honestly, it's his ROM hack, and while I can understand you are upset (I was too when i figured it would not achieve completion), it's essential that we respect the fact that we are not entitled to their time, not to mention they did this for free without cheesing money from the community, so it's not like they owe it to us.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2021
    I would have been happy and cool with it if he just straight out said he wasn't interested in working on it anymore. That way we could have had some closure.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I would have been happy and cool with it if he just straight out said he wasn't interested in working on it anymore. That way we could have had some closure.

You might wanna see this:

"Hi, sorry to burst your bubble but the game won't be finished. I've long since moved on from it which is unfortunate. It was an amazing time for me working on it. As for my ideas I had initially decided to make it part of a trilogy of hacks, but those hacks won't ever see the light of day. But to share a bit about it the rest of the orange islands would be concluded by beating the orange league. After you manage that, you battle with Zane and he has deoxys in his party. Defeating him reveals that he was being controlled by deoxys all along. You then fight deoxys in a wild battle. After catching/killing him, Zane is left at the edge of the final island and gets washed away. That was the end of the story I planned. I also planned after that the B/W tournament system which there was a little bit about it when you beat Kanto and Axel calls you in. The idea behind that was to find all of the legendary trainers in various places, and battling them collects data which then appears in the tournament. I was going to have battles with Oak, Elm, and all sorts of other cameo battles. The 2nd game in the series would be Pokemon Platinum Origins, a Platinum demake. That would essentially run along side LC and it's story. The 3rd game would take story elements from Platinum Origins and LC to create 2 playable stories in 1 game. One of those players would be Zane, and it picks up right when he got washed away at the end of LC and ends up in another region. Either way, that won't see the light of day but that was my idea.
    The 2nd idea was scrapping the entire orange islands existing plot and making it completely open world more like the sevii islands and just contain smaller localised plots with the same characters. That would be the thing to wrap everything up and not have any more hacks after it.
    So yea, sorry that it won't be done, and I'd rather nobody finished it. If someone came to me and said hey I finished it, it's unreleased but take a look. I'd take a look at it and see. Doubt they would do that though."

Hope this gives you the closure you need. This response was in the previous page of your post. :)

Years
    • she/they
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    im trying to download this, but whenever i click the download link i get a 403 forbidden error
    what do i do?

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2022
    Hello everyone, this is my first post because I'm stuck and I need some help...
    I'll give you some information about my game/emulator. I play on GBA4iOS (The original one, not the 2.0 version) on my iPhone 5S. The build number of the game is the same as the last update according to the LQ twitter page. I never used any cheats.
    I finished the game almost completely, I did everything for the main storyline but now I'm stuck. I took on the Elite Four for the second time, because I had to to finish the second part of the game, so I did. I thought the game was finished by then but it clearly isn't because of the Orange Islands. Problem is: How do I get to the Orange Islands?!
    I already went into the basement of the Kanto Office in Vermillion City, Axel said he was going to the Orange Islands... Now I'm stuck, every time I go to Route 100 (The island where the Undersea Express is located) and go in the building and then try to go in the Undersea Express the guy there says this: "Hello and welcome to the UNDERSEA EXPRESS. I'm sorry but you missed the last train." That last sentence bothers me, how do I make the guy to let me past him, it's not a time glitch because the clock gives the correct time. When I go to the TV screens this comes up: "The train to VALENCIA ISLAND is currently waiting in platform 1."
    What do I do now?!

I also heard about that Oak has to stamp your ticket, how? Could someone please make some kind of walktrough from the end of the second part till getting on the train, that would really help me out.

Next question: Are Articuno, Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza in the game?! The original walktrough says they are but when I dive to the bottom and explore the cave these legendary Pokemon aren't on the places they're supposed to be. Can't find them anywhere.

Could someone please reply to my question and help me with getting to the Orange Islands? :)
    Thanks, Palinourios.

its a years late respnse but this is what will help// you have to go to vermillion city office building and they will stamp your tickt on the first floor... then you can go to valencia

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2024
    Anyone else getting no responses from the download link at all? I really wanted to give this hack a spin, but I just can't get it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2023
    Hey, guys!

ATCO here!

I know that you guys are in a disappointed mood about PLCV not having been finished, but LAZ didn't say it can't be finished, but said:

"I'd rather" AND "If someone came to me" AND "Doubt they would do that though"

So, yes, it can be finished behind the scenes, but cannot be released to the public by the person who finished it unless it is through the official builds page as a .ips file by the original makers with added credit to the one who finished it afterwards. However, I would recommend, as it would require permission from the the creator of Pokémon Orange Islands, namely kalarie, to finish the storyline via that game as the base. And yes: It would require quite a bit of recoding knowledge to include the originally planned storyline as a non-Ash-Ketchum-Adventure part of the LCV Game. It would also require the LCV Decomposition Files from LAZ.

Hope that this helps clear-up any confusion as to wether or not of if it can be finished!

Have a great day everyone! -ATCO

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2022
    Is this rom still being worked on?

I Really want to try this, but i'd rather wait for the completed version, with the orange islands being finished. I've been keeping an eye on it on and off for a while now, since i found it, but it seemed like its stalled since.

Back