• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] *+:。♡.。The Fairy Type Club。.♡。:+*

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Question of the week: which Fairy Pokémon convinced you to decide to give Fairies a chance?
It was never a "give a chance" situation. I just like to put a Gardevoir on my team. When it got the Fairy typing it was just a nice bonus added. I do however admit that I got fond of certain Pokemon that I wasn't really interested in using before. Azumarill was cool before but now it got a lot better, Mawile I barely used before because its pure Steel Typing, while cool, didn't give it much to work with, so getting a better Type combination and Play Rough access (as well as a Mega) made me really like it. Clefable is another Pokemon that I got interested in mostly because of it becoming Fairy instead of Normal.

As far as new Fairies goes it comes down to Diancie (especially its Mega) and Ribombee. I really liked using them in their respective games.

Years
Question of the week: which Fairy Pokémon convinced you to decide to give Fairies a chance?

It was definitely Togekiss for me, so the retyping of an old favorite is what did the trick. I was a little skeptical of the introduction of fairies, since it's seemed to be a type created just to nerf my favorite type of Pokemon dragons. I was uncertain about seeing so many Pokemon all at once retroactively classified as fairy too. When steel was introduced as a typing in gen 2 there was only one Pokemon line from the previous generation that had it's typing altered, that being Magnemite, and the whole point of this line was that it was a magnetic Pokemon like steel, so it seemed like an obvious choice to receive this dual typing. Gen 6 was asking to get use to a lot more changes though, and I didn't always understand the reason a Pokemon had this typing added.

That being said Togekiss was my favorite favorite pokemon from Sinnoh, and if it and it's pre-evolutions were going to be fairy pokemon then it helped me accept that fairies weren't so bad. Now they are on my list og favorite types.

I have enjoyed raising Togepi since it debuted in gen 2. When I received the egg in the Johto games it was quite suspenseful taking steps, waiting for my egg to hatch, checking the status anxiously, curious to see what was inside. I remember taking great care as a kid to treat Togepi with friendship and evolve mine into Togetic on my copy of Gold. I just loved Togetic's design. It had such a sweet, angelic expression. I liked it's long swan-like neck, and how it had sprouted little pixie wings. It was one of those Pokemon I saw, and said, "I want that!" I have nostalgic memories of taking my baby Togepi to the haircut brothers of Goldenrod City to keep it happy. I also had fun battling in-game with it in-game as Togepi and Togetic. It was a mischievous pokemon, and I would use moves like encore and sweet kiss, most of all I adored using the metronome, and seeing what random move we would pull.

Then when I played gen 4 I was amazed by how powerful this evolutionary line became once I obtained Togekiss, and how tanky it's stats were, and I was suddenly using all these strong special moves like aura sphere. There are so many coverage options to choose from with Togekiss, fire type moves, psychic, electric and I liked talking a walk outside of the standard serene grass air slash set. It's also a healer.

Togekiss has an amazing cry, so drawn out and wonky. It's a Pokemon that brings good fortune. I liked too that Cynthia gave me the Togepi in Platinum. Her character is cool, and I treasure those kinds of exchanges with trainers I admire, like Steven gifting the beldum. Last but not least I immediately saw in this Pokemon the fairylike qualities, and don't think it was a stretch for it to become a fairy pokemon. That is what it was always meant to be.

Last edited:
Years

Sylveon! since i never played the Gen 6 games, the first time i ever used one was in Pokemon Gaia, and it was pretty darn epic! i got introduced to really good moves like Moon Blast and Play Rough and figured that, hey if this stuff reflects the main series, Fairy might not be that bad after all~ it inspired me to look at more Fairy types overtime and i realized just how cool a lot of them were.

Years
Hatterene seeing her design, how cute and cool she looks made me fell in love with her and fairy types more. She reminds me of a witch, that I'm really into myself witchcraft and Wicca and been studying it since 2020. Well end of 2019 to be honest so about a year and a half of researching, studying and learning about the religion then witchcraft and witches as well.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Yes! I love the witchy inspiration for Hatterene. She's like a pink sexy sorcerous and I can't get enough of her! Especially when she can get a decent coverage move with Mystical Fire.

Do you think we'll see any DPPt Pokémon be rebranded as Fairies in the upcoming remakes?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
i love fairy types! (and also most other types) my favorite fairy types are... woah there's a lot. my favorite of all is sylveon.
Welcome to the club! You've made an excellent choice!

Club activity of the week: describe the last poster as a Fairy Pokémon.
pokemon fan person, I think you're a Togetic! You've got a young energy to you. :)

Years
Me joining here is so long overdue! I've been a fan of Fairy Pokémon since before they existed! Mt. Moon always spoke to me ;)

Name: Ash Ketchup

Favourites: Sylveon has my heart for many reasons :)

I never fail to have Gardevoir in my team if she's available!

I love witchy Hatterene!

Mimikyu needs all my love <3

I always loved Altaria, so I was delighted it got a fairy typing as a Mega :)

Describe the user above as a fairy type: A shiny Mega Altaria :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
i think you're sylveon! it's your favorite pokemon, and your quick self introduction on your profile is sylveon's pokedex entry.

D'aw. thank you! I think you're... an Azumarill! Since you're excitable and bouncy and fun! :)

Me joining here is so long overdue! I've been a fan of Fairy Pokémon since before they existed! Mt. Moon always spoke to me ;)

Name: Ash Ketchup

Favourites: Sylveon has my heart for many reasons :)

I never fail to have Gardevoir in my team if she's available!

I love witchy Hatterene!

Mimikyu needs all my love <3

I always loved Altaria, so I was delighted it got a fairy typing as a Mega :)

Describe the user above as a fairy type: A shiny Mega Altaria :)

Yay yay yay!! I will add as soon as I untangle the mess that is the CSS of the main page! <3 Welcome to the club Ash! I think you're a shiny Gardevoir since you have such a motherly ambiance around you.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Describe the user above as a fairy type.
Sylveon is a little too easy. Your profile is pretty much screaming it at me. xD

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Just a small mention that we will not be holding polls unless an admin comes in because apparently I will RUIN EVERYTHING.

That is all. lol

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I bought the Easter Sylveon from TPCJ to make me feel better help.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Made a Sylveon pride sticker. :)

pLx63xM.png

Last edited:
Back