• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] *+:。♡.。The Fairy Type Club。.♡。:+*

Years
    • Age 33
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I was wondering if anyone grew up listening to traditional or cultural stories or folktales of the fae? I'm very interested in the way various cultures interpret fairies! 💕

So I didn't grow up with fae folklore, but I have done extensive research about where it originated and what the stories are like! And... they're surprisingly gruesome lmao. I mean, I guess most children's stories from Eastern Europe / Grimm Fairytale era are rather dark, but yeah fae are most certainly not treated like the forest guardians we see them as today. They were once mischievous little shapeshifters who would steal the babies of unknowing parents and lead wayward travellers into a dark forest where they'd be lost forever.

I like our current interpretation of fairies lmao.

And speaking of which! Who was able to bring over more Fairies into Crown Tundra???? I was able to get Diance, all the Tapus, my shiny Carbink, and Xerneas. Which iirc I think is all of them??? But we're still missing some classic Fairies like Granbull, Florges, and obviously all of the Mega Pokemom who picked up a Fairy typing... but I doubt we'll see those ever again, rip. :(

Years
    • Age 33
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    After 7 years I finally got the tattoo. :)

It be looking like a hot mess though since it's so new so I'll post an update when it's fully healed.

Attachments

• 003279FF-E06C-4F54-87B9-77EC0AC67077.jpeg
      003279FF-E06C-4F54-87B9-77EC0AC67077.jpeg
      246.3 KB · Views: 10
    Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    After 7 years I finally got the tattoo. :)

It be looking like a hot mess though since it's so new so I'll post an update when it's fully healed.

Your tattoo is beautiful! ahh! I love it so much! <3 I hope the healing process is swift for you my dear!

Anyways, I have a question for everyone, what is a pokemon that you are surprised is a fairy type and why? Alternatively, which pokemon do you think should be given the fairy type?

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • I love Mawile but don't really understand why it's a Fairy type. It learns hardly any Fairy moves (it learns way more Dark moves) and it's based on a vengeful yōkai. It's literally called the "deceiver Pokémon" in the dex. If anything, it seems more like a Dark type than a Fairy type.

Years
  • down to join this club!

Name: Roni
    Favorite Fairies: Gardevoir, Sylveon, Togekiss, Mimikyu

I have a question for everyone, what is a pokemon that you are surprised is a fairy type and why? Alternatively, which pokemon do you think should be given the fairy type?

don't know why Mr. Mime got Fairy tbh. thought it was just a humanoid mime thing, and that doesn't seem all that mystical imo. and as to which pokemon should receive the Fairy type, JIRACHI. i was so shocked when it kept its Psychic Steel typing. it's one of the most fairy looking Pokemon in existence!

Years
    • Age 33
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Oh yes yes yes! Welcome to the club! :D I promise i'll be doing an update soon!

As for Mawile, it's based in Japanese myth called the Futakuchi-onna. It basically means a woman with two faces -- one normal face, and one devilish mouth in the back of the head. This is usually caused by a curse or a mischievous spirit, hence the connection to fairies! Not all nature spirits are pixies, ya know? Def read more about it here. :)

And Mr. Mime?

... I got nothing. I have no idea why it's a Fairy. Maybe because it's considered something of a metaphysical being? Distorting reality with barriers and all that?

The Fairy Pokémon

Loves glitter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Jan 11, 2022
    A fairy type club?! Count me in!

Name: The Fairy Pokémon
    Favorite Fairies: Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Sylveon, Marill, Primarina, Diancie

Years
    • Age 34
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I'll join as well!

Name: Seliph
    Favorite Fairies: Gardevoir, Azumarill, Mawile, Diancie, Clefable

I do find it strange, however, that the Marill line is considered Fairy. Not that I complain, though, it just makes them better. I also think both Celebi and Jirachi should be Fairy types, as well.

Years
  • I do find it strange, however, that the Marill line is considered Fairy. Not that I complain, though, it just makes them better. I also think both Celebi and Jirachi should be Fairy types, as well.
    only reason i could think of is that they were still short on Fairies to meet a quota or something, so they cram scanned the Dex to see who was worthy of it and saw the Marill line first. in all honesty though, i feel like something like the Munna line might deserve the Fairy addition more. at that point there may be too many Psychic/Fairy types, but why not just remove Galarian Rapidash's Psychic typing? i dunno i just feel talky today about this lol.

as for Jirachi, i mean c'mon Game Freak this thing's shtick is that it grants wishes. are you kidding me right now?? :p

Years
    • Age 33
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Welcome new members! I.... still haven't updated the first batch! *sweats* Ya girl's still feeling a little out of practice with CSS so bare with me, haha.

But yes! Absolutely agree about Milotic being a Fairy type!!

I found amazing fanart by Steve14141 on DeviantArt of a Mega Milotic that gains the Fairy typing.
    Spoiler:

Make sure to give the artist some love!

Years
  • Welcome new members! I.... still haven't updated the first batch! *sweats* Ya girl's still feeling a little out of practice with CSS so bare with me, haha.

But yes! Absolutely agree about Milotic being a Fairy type!!

I found amazing fanart by Steve14141 on DeviantArt of a Mega Milotic that gains the Fairy typing.
    Spoiler:

Make sure to give the artist some love!
    love the rendition!

reminds me of a Dilophosaurus with its neck having fans on them huehue

Last edited:
    Years
  • I would love to join this club if I may?

Name: Leaf
    Favorite Fairy type Pokémon: Hatterene
    I fell in love when I saw her she's so pretty, cute and witchy like, I love it~!

Years
    • Age 33
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Of course! All lovers of fairies are welcome here!

And even though our focus is on appreciating Fairy type Pokemon, we don't shy away from other fairies in media and fae in general! :)

AND MY INTERNET DIED SO MUCH FOR GETTING THE MAIN POST UPDATED

Last edited:
    Years
  • Of course! All lovers of fairies are welcome here!

And even though our focus is on appreciating Fairy type Pokemon, we don't shy away from other fairies in media and fae in general! :)

when you do get around to re-updating the main post Jo, could you add in a Klefki for my stuff? i dunno why i forgot to mention that when i first posted here but it's also one of my fave Fairy types of all time!!

Years
  • Of course! All lovers of fairies are welcome here!

I know fairies are real as any other supernatural stuff like spirits. I wouldn't mess with them though and leave them be. Yes, their cute but if you read and study up on them they can be very mischievous and possibly bad as well dangerous too if you make them mad. By you inviting them in your home or working with them in some way. Always respect and bewarry, It's what I read up on from folk lore stuff I learned a bit when learning about Wicca.

Since I'm slowly getting back into the Pokémon scene I'm learning about all the new fairy types but like I said I really like Hatterene a lot so far. I'm extremely behind on all things Pokémon the games, TV series/movies and trading card game. Why I haven't posted in anything Pokémon thread yet. I'm pretty clueless sadly after years of doing other passions of mine. I might just make Pokémon art since I'm still debating on collecting the trading cards still.

Years
    • Age 33
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I know fairies are real as any other supernatural stuff like spirits. I wouldn't mess with them though and leave them be. Yes, their cute but if you read and study up on them they can be very mischievous and possibly bad as well dangerous too if you make them mad. By you inviting them in your home or working with them in some way. Always respect and bewarry, It's what I read up on from folk lore stuff I learned a bit when learning about Wicca.

Indeed! Fae folk of old are far from the 'Tinkerbells' we grew up with. They have the capacity to be devilish little creatures, even if they are synonymous with whimsy and nature. Just the same, nature can be deadly in her defense too. Best to admire from a distance.

Luckily there's no wrong way to appreciate Pokémon, and certainly fairy Pokémon! So if you ever feel like posting some art (even if it's not your own as long as you credit!), or cards that you might like to get in the future, or anything pertaining to just exploring appreciation in general, there's nothing wrong with that! (。'▽'。)♡

Years
  • Indeed! Fae folk of old are far from the 'Tinkerbells' we grew up with. They have the capacity to be devilish little creatures, even if they are synonymous with whimsy and nature. Just the same, nature can be deadly in her defense too. Best to admire from a distance.

Luckily there's no wrong way to appreciate Pokémon, and certainly fairy Pokémon! So if you ever feel like posting some art (even if it's not your own as long as you credit!), or cards that you might like to get in the future, or anything pertaining to just exploring appreciation in general, there's nothing wrong with that! (。'▽'。)♡

Yes, you know your stuff on Fae folk, kudos to you~
    I also agree with you as well.

For Pokémon I'm thinking of collecting the trading cards more than play the games. The games are so expensive and I really don't have that kind of money to get a $60.00 game. Even though it be cool too play one of the newer games, however I don't always play video games as I used too in my teenage years. Though who knows perhaps I might get one of the games layer on down the line but not anytime soon, I'm tight on money. The joys of being an adult, priorities over wants.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Question of the week: which Fairy Pokémon convinced you to decide to give Fairies a chance?

Mine was Sylveon, obviously. Fell in love with her instantly. But I'd like to know which Fairy Pokémon made you a convert? Was it a retyping of an old favorite or did you come to love the later designs?

Discuss!

Back