• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years

I think there were enough types even before they introduced the Fairy type, any more and it will be too many imo. Fairy type was only introduced to nerf the Dragons and now I think the typing system is balanced nicely. The only remaining two types that perhaps could also be nerfed are Electric and Normal types since they both have only one weakness each, even then that could be done without introducing another type by altering already existing types like they have done with Steel and Poison.

YES. I pretty much agree with most of this, though I also think they need to cut the amount of weaknesses that Grass-types have, and then it would look more balanced than before. :D

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

Spoiler:

I've been out for a while. Did I miss anything?

I think there were enough types even before they introduced the Fairy type, any more and it will be too many imo. Fairy type was only introduced to nerf the Dragons and now I think the typing system is balanced nicely. The only remaining two types that perhaps could also be nerfed are Electric and Normal types since they both have only one weakness each, even then that could be done without introducing another type by altering already existing types like they have done with Steel and Poison.

I didn't have a real problem with the old set-up. Dragon might be super strong defensively with only two weaknesses and a bunch of resistances, but it's worthless offensively. That is, if it weren't for the fact that dragons have an above-average base-stat total and can learn moves of many other elements. If you look at dragons as near-legendary creatures, it's not really strange they are slightly stronger either.
    Anyway, if you have to take stats, moves and everything in account as well, it's impossible to have everything perfectly balanced. So I agree they'd better just stick with the current types, there are enough of them already.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    62 - Also remember that the game is so seasoned, that adding a new type would be extremely difficult to balance. Balancing a game in general is also very hard. I also agree that there are plenty of types already and 18 is a nice, round number.

I dedicate my 1000th to #TeamTrivia!

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

I have heard Sound being suggested as a possible typing.

If there is a new typing it needs to be weak to Grass which is a type that needs a boost.

Dark may be a cool typing but it makes sense that it is weak to Fairy. Fairy is as close to a 'light' type as we are going to get so it being strong against the dark Type and Fighting makes a lot of sense.

Dragon only had two weaknesses before Gen 6 and needed another weakness for balance.

Killua

I think a weakness to grass, poison, ghost and dark and super effective against steel, fairy and dragon.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years

If that ever happens just no...no

Im good with the amount of types we have i mean i always thought we needed a light type to compare to dark types but now we got fairies (LIKE DEDENNE) so i think we got enough i mean we got all the elements and stuff you know what we didnt need? rock types those things are so uneeded it could just fall into ground i mean really.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

63 I could see Steel being strong against electric :>

You do? As steel conducts electricity, I'd earlier say it'd be the other way around.

Now that sounds really interesting, certainly since all sound moves break through Substitute these days. Also, Soundproof would become like a Levitate variant.

By the way, what do you think of an undead type? I don't mean ghosts (we already have those), but zombies, vampires and such. I'd love to see those!

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    69 How many Mew have you received so far? I'm up to 6. I don't know why I *need* 6+ Mew, but they're there.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    71 - I'm sure you'll get a Mew. They're being distributed in many regions!

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

I haven't played the main series Pokémon games in a reeeeeally long time, so I'll probably be missing out on Mew. :c

Spoiler:

I've been out for a while. Did I miss anything?

Heh, did you make that image?

Not too much other than the numbers being doubled, as well as an interesting discussion about Zygarde!

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    77 I heard of some people calling Nintendo to get a code. You could try that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back