• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When customers make you say WTF?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    For those of you who work in retail or work with the public: Do you ever have customers that act so stupidly it makes you wonder WTF?

I work at Round 1 which is like Japanese version of Dave and Busters and he got enough points for one of our high end prizes which was the Kitchen Aid mixer. So we get it and bring it to him but he didn't want it because he didn't like the box. Like dude you're not using the box you're using the mixer. You are going to throw the damn box away when you get home.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    This isn't a wtf moment as much as just a 'increased faith in humanity' moment but, I think it still counts!

I worked at a vape shop and I had a man who was about 80+ years old come in. He was really sweet and asked for a flavor that we didn't have in stock. So I gave him our sample bottle for free since it was already opened. He was dedicated to quit smoking and who am I to stand in the way of that? The man came back the next day and insisted I take $50 from him, for a $7.99 bottle of juice. I was pretty taken aback by the whole thing but it was a really sweet gesture. He said no one had been that nice to him before. :')

Years
  • I work in health insurance. For the sake of privacy, I won't specifically say which area because then it'd be too easy to figure out who I work for and all that jazz.

I will say though, that people will go very far if they found out that they've been kicked off their insurance coverage in order to get reinstated. I've had a lady straight up lie to my face once about her situation in the hopes of getting immediate coverage then and there. It doesn't work like that. Insurance doesn't work "on-demand" and only at your convenience and then somehow doesn't exist when you don't need it. You pay your premiums like every other individual in this country and then and only then would you use it in the case of an emergency or a checkup, etc.

But I've had people who haven't been covered on their insurance for months or even years somehow call me shocked when they find out that they have to pay out of pocket for their prescriptions or their doctor's visits. In some part, I sympathize with these people, but in other parts, I don't. They've had approximately three months to submit proper documentation to their employer to become covered and honestly, their neglect in doing that is why I partially don't feel bad for them.

Health insurance is a big deal to a lot of people, as it should be. But it should be the first thing on people's minds to take care of, and not something that should be done at the very last minute or whenever you feel like you need it. Deadline are deadlines for a reason and insurance companies are very strict about that. You don't meet your deadline, you will be kicked off your insurance plan, plain and simple. No amount of legal threats (because yes, people have threatened to sue) are going to change that.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    yes everyday i wonder how people can come to dunkin and not know how to order a coffee they ask "can i get a coffee" and you ask what size and some of them get so offended like "did you listen to me?!?!??!" yes sir i did you just didn't give me any information that is why i am asking u all these questions

oh and uh i have a lady who thinks she can file a charge on us bc we "assaulted" her husband with a bag but jokes on her that didn't happen and she threatened us with violence sooooo

but honestly i've had so many dumb moments i could probably remember and just keep on writing if i wanted to

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Ooooo we had a lady like that about a week or so ago.

She bought a game card at my counter and then put her name on a waiting list for karaoke. Then something happened and while I was counting one of my drawers she got all pissed off that she couldn't get a room and said she paid $50 for it and said we took her ID. Now we only take IDs when you buy something not to put it on hold. Well she reached over the counter and threatened one of the girls and my manager who was off the clock saw everything and she threw a hissy fit about it and tried to turn around and saying it was all our fault and that she was going to call the cops. We're like go ahead because we have it all on video.

She then wrote a review on Yelp about it and I happened to find it and sent it to my manager and we both just laughed about it. We were even able to get it deleted because of all the BS she had in it trying to make us look bad when it was all her.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Not really a customer, but a parent..... We had a parent come in on the last day of school to talk about her child's grades. Mind you school ended on a Friday and grades were due Wednesday that same week. Like sis, we're ready to go home!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • y'all when i was at target this lady come in trynna buy a record player. which we did have them alright. they were about $120 okay. and it's also holiday time. so keep in mind, high price item + holiday time of year = increased measure of security. this lady was asking me all sorts of questions about it. i answered to the best of my ability. she was SO particular about the color of this thing too. she wanted me to open the box so she could see the color. i told her i could not open a high price item like that. "even just to see the color?" yes. even just to see the color. i have cameras on me at all time and i don't know you, lady. i didn't say that but lol you know. anyway she buys it and immediately asks me (i have other shit to do btw) to open it so she can make sure the color is okay. the color is literally on the box. literally. on. the box. i open it...thank FUCK the color is how she wanted it but she's all "see that was really easy and we could have done that from the start" first of all go be a bitch somewhere else. then she wanted me to call a front of store attendant to take the thing to her car. it could have fit in a normal shopping cart... but i called someone. when he got back there to get this thing, i gave him this "yeah i know it's stupid" look lmfao... god. i also want to point out that there was another box w the same record player that had already been opened and resealed quite obviously. guess what? she didn't want that. so what in her right mind makes her think i'm gonna open a product for her to see the color and risk her not wanting it and then having to reseal this item and go through the same 'i don't want one that's been opened' fiasco w someone else!

point is, i ain't trynna lose my job bc you're a stranger that i don't know or trust and i have to follow my company policies!!!

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Aaah well, I work in customer service, so I see at least one insane thing per day.

Most recently a man called me a lazy piece of a shit because I didn't go check the warehouse for a dog toy we didn't have on the shelf. Let me tell you, we don't keep pet toys in back, only frozen food and soda, so I already knew the answer. Told him it was a vendor item that we didn't control. Guess I shoulda just faked checking on it?? But eh.

Yesterday, a lady said my attitude was was shitty because I wouldn't give her a cream pie for the sale price of a fruit tart. Not my fault, lady. The sign says "Fruit Tarts", not French Silk Pie. I'm just not comfortable bending a sale price on a completely different item, because for every time a customer commented about it, literally the entire shelf of pies would have had to be sold at the Fruit Tart price - and... no. what the fuck. lol I honor sale signs a lot, but that was reaching.

Also yesterday, this lady tried to tell us our Rug Doctor didn't work and she wanted her money back, and she made up this whole obvious lie. We ended up having to refund her per our manager, but the catch there is that she can never use our products of that nature ever again if she tries, so she kinda played herself. oops.

The funniest one is the lady in the electric chart that came driving up to the desk one day screaming "WHERE'S THE MILK?!", and I was like "what kind of milk, ma'am?" and she repeated, "WHERE IS THE MILK?! ITS ALWAYS THERE". Turns out she wanted the local brand of milk, of which the normal flavor was out of stock until the farm restocked our supply. We told her that, but she just kept yelling "WELL WHERE IS T HE MILK? BRING THE MILK. ITS ALWAYS THERE". and I'm like okay well I can't fix stupid bitch syndrome, so I'll call my director. They both huffed away mad at each other a few minutes later, and my director was like "That woman was insane..."

OH AND last year this man called me stupid because he asked where the nuts where, and I said "what kind of nuts? bulk or pre-packaged?", and he said "You're just too stupid to give me the answer". I was like "Well okay, I mean they're in three different places around the store, so have fun", and walked away.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Before getting sick, I worked as a dance coach. You'd be amazed how many problem clients you get in that industry. The one that will always take the cake for me though is from some of my earlier years teaching, a woman who had just recently taken up social dancing whose kids I also taught. During their lessons she would frequently interrupt me to tell me what they should be learning and what I should be doing. Granted, I was only in my late teens at the time, but I already had years of experience and the respect of my bosses compared to her ~month of lessons. Her kids were little shits too who frequently disrupted my classes but of course they could do no wrong. Absolute nightmare of a woman.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • So this isn't a kind of one to one, but I worked as a receptionist for a couple different politicians in DC for a while, and while most of the calls fell into the categories of complaining about an issue, complaining about the president, complaining about the politician/something they said or did/something they voted on, etc. we also had a fair amount of conspiracy theorists and oh. my. god. some of them are weird.

I think the weirdest one, and my personal favorite, was a lady called wanting to know the politician's address. Now, we're not allowed to give that kind of information out, but I also have no idea where the politician lives because... well we're not supposed to give it out and I didn't really need to know. So she's arguing with me about giving it to her and eventually she drops something like "what blood type is he?" Now of course, I don't know this either so I just kinda stumbled and said I didn't know. And then she launched into the following rant that was... something.

Lady: Yes you do! All you people in DC know each other's blood types! It's how they select you for your positions. It's all rigged. WHAT'S YOUR BLOOD TYPE?
    Me: U-Uh O negative?
    Lady: Were your parents both O negative?
    Me: Y-Yes ma'am? (side note they're actually not but I was just a bit freaked out so I lied on accident)
    Lady: Good good you're not of mixed race.
    Me: What?
    Lady: Don't you know? Blood types aren't supposed to mix together it keeps up pure. That's why everyone in the government is a pure blood type. You must all be of Roman descent! And from the Greeks! Natural born conquerors whose quest for conquest flows in your blood and makes you want to lead! But I know that damn Presbyterian church is trying to change that by sponsoring people like that Bush guy into office. The Presbyterians rigged it! They wanted someone with mixed blood in office! WHAT DENOMINATION ARE YOU?
    Me: U-Uh Catholic ma'am?
    Lady: Mmm not great but at least you're not Presbyterian. *pause* I gotta go but I'll call back later for the politician's address! I need to know! *click*

I don't think she ever called back but that was one of the more interesting calls I've ever been on.

Sirfetch’d

When I worked at Kmart a customer took a shit in their pants and left their underwear on the back of the toilet

Years
  • When I worked at Kmart a customer took a shit in their pants and left their underwear on the back of the toilet

i,...,,

anyway i don't work directly with customers anymore, but when i was a bartender i dealt with some weird customers. we had these large fishbowls for drinks, and for some reason people liked to try to steal them? anyway, so it's late on a thursday or friday night, and this party of 6 has ordered 1 or 2 fishbowls. as i'm preparing to give them their check, i notice them trying to pack one of them away into a large bag??? and i'm like

"hi there! that's actually our fishbowl!" and they got indignant for me calling them out for trying to steal!?!! anyway i got the fishbowl back and that's what matters.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    When I worked at Kmart a customer took a shit in their pants and left their underwear on the back of the toilet

Had a small kid do that about a week or so ago. Shit in front of a game and then take the diper off and drop it at a different game and then run around half the store and had shit literally everywhere. The Mom threw a fit when we found it was her kid and told them they need to leave the store.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • When I worked at Kmart a customer took a shit in their pants and left their underwear on the back of the toilet

this reminds me of when i was in logistics doing tracking and one of our tracking leaders was checking on a load and the update he put into the system was like "driver shit his pants and had to pull over to wait on dispatcher to bring him clean clothes. we do not know when the new pants will arrive. eta unknown."

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    ITT rn:

RVFcw4R.png

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
    Years
  • I once had a patient (I work in a pharmacy) call me and yell at me for 15 minutes on the phone (before I could even ask their name) because we delivered their acid reflux medication and they told us to cancel it. I mean this person was really laying into me and as it turns out we had delivered escitalopram (the drug the person was complaining about) which is an anti-depressant and we had in fact cancelled their acid reflux medication.

Years
  • I saw this thread the other day and went "well I'm so glad the customers at my current job are all chill". How naive I was...

Apparently yesterday, a professor went up to my boss and complained about the 25 minute wait. There are only 2 people making food and we have way too big a menu for 2 people to make efficiently. During the school year, we have at least 4-5 on hand and orders come out faster. Higher-ups won't let us just serve salads which can be done super quick with 2 people. Boss mentioned that we didn't have the staff because of what the higher-ups say and the professor was like YOU SHOULD HAVE MORE PEOPLE THEN!!!!! Ignoring the fact that... she could have gone to all the other restaurants in the food court, that all actually have proper staff and will be slightly faster?

Kinda glad I wasn't there yesterday. I might have snapped.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Once a customer called and she got the wrong number - our SEO is pretty good so we rank quite highly when people search for tattoo supplies in general, I don't know how people manage to find our number but don't actually read the company name or what but we do often get calls asking "hello is this ____ tattoo supply?" where they are looking for a different company, but people usually apologize when I tell them they have the wrong number.

So yeah, this happened with a lady looking for a different store once, and instead of apologizing for getting the wrong number, she got mad and said it was "rude" for us to rank so highly on Google?? I still remember her exact words when I told her this wasn't the place she's looking for - after arguing with me for a bit because "well I searched for this other place and your number popped up first!" and I tried to explain SEO to her as quickly as I could she finally said "oh..... well you should change your internet then. cause that's fucking rude." *click*

"change your internet"
    579749376256376833.png

what in tarnation

Years
  • Every day of my life I deal with absolute idiots on the phone.

Today's special was: someone complaining that we couldn't get someone out within the hour to fix their shower, then proceeded to make it as difficult as possible for someone to attend, by saying they're going to be out all of the time, didn't want us to use ANY of our certified/trusted contractors and would only accept evening/weekend callouts.

Which we can't do, as per the property's head lease.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    hi hullo sorry this is a long one but I'm logging in just to rant about this call I just got off

Last week a dude called me, high as fuck, to place an order for some supplies. We sell tattoo supplies for those who don't know, and needles mainly come in 2 types, cartridges for rotary pens and needles on bar ("standard needles") for old school rotaries and coil machines. If you buy the wrong type of needle you likely can't use them.

So he was placing an order for a bunch of standard needles, and when I looked through his previous orders and I noticed he only ordered cartridges before. So I asked him. Twice. "Are you sure you want needles on a bar, man? I see you bought a lot of cartridges before, just wanted to make sure." "yeah, yeah needles on a bar, it's alright". Unrelated to this particular problem, but he also asked me to marry him so he was definitely on something

So that was last week, fast forward to today I get a call back from him, clearly not high today. "Hey I got my order and I ordered cartridges, but I got all needles on a bar for all these sizes". So I told him yeah, I specifically asked you twice if these are the needles you wanted and you told me to go ahead. That said, I knew we'd still have to fix this for him, so I told him that it's not a problem, if they are still sealed and everything you can ship them back and we'll send you the cartridges. This is me being generous because YOU made the fucking mistake (didn't say that ofc but was thinking it). And he gets all indignant like "well I need these needles now I've been running out etc I need them right away can you just send them first" and I'm thinkin since he's bought from us before and he has an actual studio and all it'll be fine. Shitty we have to do that for him, but whatever.

I put him on hold (technically what I do when I need to talk to someone else I just mute my end of the call so it's not really holding, I can still hear the customer but they can't hear me) and go tell my coworker the situation, run it by him that we have to send this dipshit cartridges for all the needle sizes he ordered and a return shipping label to get the other ones back - and while he's on hold, I hear this motherfucker talking to his other artists, I assume:

"she said I ordered the needles on a bar. Why the fuck would I do that? I don't even have a machine that uses those."
    friends chuckle and murmur in agreement
    "And they wanted me to fucking send these back first before shipping out, like what the fuck am I supposed to do in the meantime, draw with crayons?"
    "What the fuck? Do you have to pay for shipping?"
    "yeeah they want me to pay for shipping." ALSO NOT TRUE cause I told him we will include a shipping label in the package??

giphy.gif

I don't know if he's just saving face cause he fucked up and him and his artists are going to be without needles for a couple days because of this or what so he'd rather blame me, but man that pissed me off

Last edited:
    Back