• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ribbit ribbit (Greninja vs Politoed vs Poliwrath vs Seismetoad vs Toxicroak)

Which Frog is the Best

• Greninja

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Politoed

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Poliwrath

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Seismitoad

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Toxicroak

Votes: 9 22.5%

• Total voters

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
It's time for a battle of the frogs!! Which is your favorite? The contenders are:

658.png

Greninja
The ninja frog inspired by The Tale of the Gallant Jiraiya, this Pokémon is very accurate to its ninja origins from its blue coloring (which is the color ninjas would've worn in ancient Japan), to its moveset including Water Shuriken, Shadow Sneak, Substitute, and Mat Block, all reminiscent of different jujitsus. It also has a unique ability called Battle Bond that allows it to change into its Ash-Greninja form.

250px-186Politoed.png

Politoed
The only frog Pokémon with a semi-normal coloring to what cartoon frogs typically look like, Politoed is also one of the first Pokémon to require trading with a King's Rock to evolve it. There's also one in the anime named Bean which is always a plus. It's a popular Pokémon for rain teams because of its hidden ability Drizzle and has some nice coverage overall.

250px-062Poliwrath.png

Poliwrath
The other final evolution of Poliwhirl, this frog sticks closer to its pre-evolution's design but gets the added fighting type when exposed to a Water Stone. It's the original frog in the franchise having been introduced in Gen 1 and is said to be able to swim across the entire Pacific Ocean just by kicking without getting tired. Its moveset is more fighting focused, but it gets a lot of coverage too that Politoed doesn't.

90bdaa75dfb45e9e9d13f78c0934b508.png

Seismitoad
The speaker frog fusion introduced in Gen 5, this water/ground Pokémon lacks access to a lot of typical ice type moves, but gets a few more poison type moves instead. It also gets the ability Poison Touch, allowing it to use a physical move and inflict poison without needing to waste a turn setting up Toxic. It's the only non-poison type to have access to this ability too.

250px-454Toxicroak.png

Toxicroak
Best known either as Saturn's partner in crime or for its pre-evolution's shenanigans with Brock, this poison/fighting frog is inspired by the deadly poison dart frog. It's the only line with a double weakness to psychic, but it learns a nasty amount of dark type moves to counteract that. It's also one of the main villains in PMD: GtI.

So which is your favorite?​

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Greninja is what I voted for. 2nd would have been Politoed though - I've used it before in Drizzle teams and did enjoy it. Its shiny is nice too!

In terms of personality though, Croagunk wins. Have you seen that thing in Pokken!?

Years
Politoed without question ❤️ Trained one to a real high level in HG and find the design real cute. The others are okay, but nothing I care about too much aha.

Years
I'm not exactly a huge fan of the frog Pokemon but if I had to pick, Politoed edges out everyone else for me.

I'd normally pick Poliwrath because my childhood self actually really liked Poliwrath for a long time, but cuteness > toughness for me. :x

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ahhh this one is tough for me! I think I'm going to have to go with Toxicroak. But Politoed is tied for first too!

Years
This was so hard!! I went back and forth endlessly between Politoed and Toxicroak but I must give this one to Toxicroak! While I love the designs of both pokemon, I prefer Toxicroak's unique typing and I do have a love for Sinnoh pokemon. Plus, it is Saturn's companion, which makes it all the more badass!

giphy.gif

Years
I've used and love all of them, so I'm not sure which one to pick. But I think I'll go with OG frog Poliwrath as it was a reason why Ash's Charizard started to obey Ash. And that's more than any other Pokémon did.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I gotta go with my pal Politoed here! I always found it adorable, Misty's Politoed was pretty cute, and I love it's shiny colouring as well.

blue

gucci
Years
toxicroak is a severly underrated pokemon! first time i used one in platinum years ago made me appreciate it so much more.

Cid

Years
I like Politoed. I always wanted one as a kid, but I didn't have anyone to trade a Poliwhirl holding a King's Rock with. :(

Voting for my younger self. I should get a Politoed one of these days.

Years
I like Froakie, but I'm not really a fan of Greninja, so I went with the OG Poliwrath. Politoed is good too, but it really feels like an afterthough tacked on to the evolutionary family, and might have been better off as its own thing with a few slight changes.

Years
I picked Greninja! I think he has a fabulous color scheme like a real poison dart frog, both in regular and shiny form. He's such a quick, strong pokemon with one of the best abilities in the game protean. Sure, he is overexposed but it was still a cool concept of the ninja frog, and even more mesmerizing now that Noblejanobii brought "The Tale of the Gallant Jiraiya" to my attention.

Quagsire, one of my favorite pokemon, also came to my mind as an amphibian. Though I think he is inspired by a salamander, rather than a frog, although has Wooper definitely has some tadpole-like characteristics. If this group had been counted I would not have been able to resist picking him.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Politoed easily! I just recently chained a good shiny Poliwag to evolve into Politoed. Not only does it have one of my favorite shinies in the game but is just so adorable. I love it!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
politoed is actually one of my favorite pokemon so u already know where this is goin. its very Green and Yellow and i very much enjoy the lil curly on its head. peak pokemon design

Years
Politoed is adorable and I love the color scheme. After that, Seismitoad has an interesting design, and I like the water/ground typing.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
I'm inclined to vote for the tall deadly froggy Toxicroak as a Poison Type lover, being it one of the few in the poll I actually used (the other being Poliwrath). A second vote would've been for the green froggy

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Greninja. Easy, extremely powerful starter with good moveset. Seismitoad is a close second

Back