• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The story of your significant other

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
i wasn't sure if this belonged here or in deep discussion, sorry. but..if you have a boyfriend/girlfriend/significant other, tell us the story of how you met! i'm really interested in this sort of stuff because i'm a hopeless romantic. ;o;

for me, i met my boyfriend through facebook a year ago. we immediately hit it off, though at first he liked me way more than i liked him. we talked at first and then after a few weeks we started flirting seriously and i was..sort of exclusive to just him, even though we weren't dating at the time. but we knew that we didn't like any other people at the time and we just liked each other and i didn't want to see anyone else. so... that went on for about half a year. we were like incredibly flirtatious with each other, on messenger and on the facebook app itself. so when i finally asked him out october 29th, 2017, it wasn't really a surprise when we put the relationship on facebook. everyone was mostly just like "finally!!" and were really happy for us. then, we finally got some solid plans made and he decided to come visit me in late may after both our college classes were done.

he came and visited me may 24th and.. he stayed for 2 weeks. it was a wonderful time. but very very nervewracking when i saw him the very first time. i felt like my heart was going to leap out of my chest. but we had a wonderful time and went on many many dates!!! when we had to drop him off at the airport, i couldn't stop crying. we hugged a bunch of times and kissed many times and said our i love yous. ..then, i went with my dad to where he lived (bc funnily enough my boyfriend lived in the same city as him) june 6th and i saw him there. it was really fun!! we went on a lot of cute dates and i even got to meet his family because they were having a big family reunion there. i stayed for about a month. he had to leave a little earlier, about a week early because he was moving. i cried and cried and we said our i love yous and we hugged and kissed of course.

but... gosh. i'm so happy with him and this relationship feels... really real. like..this is the first real relationship i've had, where i've met their family and.. i've felt sparks. i just love him so much. i want to spend the rest of my life with him.

anyways!! what are you guys' relationship stories, if you're in one?

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I can't really add to this but I just had to say, I'm a hopeless romantic too and your post was so touching, Hoshiko. ;~; xox

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Nine years ago, a common friend on PC told him "She's lovely. You should talk to her." So he VM'd me, and we kept talking and talking. Became "pairs" on PC. We never really stopped talking, there were just sometimes a few weeks or months in between the deeptalks. One day almost four years ago now, we finally met in real life. But only for a day. Little over a year later, we met again. And then again a few months later, and again and again several times over the course of a whole year, during which he decided to move to my country to live with me. And he did, and for a whole year now we've been here together. Now, excuse me as I feel sappy and happy and need to go disturb his nap with a hug.

adventure seeker
aka PC is match.com

TY

It's a recent story really and it might sound as the most stupid story I have ever created.

It started off in a video game where I was a complete nobody 4 months ago. Sniped her a couple of times along with literally everyone else on the server. Got in the same team as her and from there on everything snowballed out of control really. Got to talk with her a lot more, she wanted to know more about me and it kinda went on accident when I slipped that I really liked her. Because the only time I'm ever smooth is in video games, never irl. She also then admitted she liked me a lot.

Might still be early days to really call it a relationship, who knows. Parts of me still wonder how this came to be, the other parts are still in utter disbelief.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
giphy.gif

Years
I love this! We were actually discussing this topic with my girlfriend few months ago, because we have known each other for 3 years before we got together and agreed that the story of how we got together is pretty boring. So now we tell others story about how we DIDN'T get together...

But let start from the beginning. Me and my girlfriend were classmates in highschool (and kinda still are classmates in uni). She sat in front of me for first two years, but we never really interacted aside from small chit-chats and me asking her for homework (I was too lazy to make it myself). She thought that I'm just some nerd slacker and I never really thought about her.
First real interaction we had was during the 3rd year, when we were both sent to local math competition (We were supposed to go together year prior, but I was able to talk myself out of it) and after it ended, I accompanied her home. Then nothing again up until the start of the 4th year. Because of change in the bus times, I had to get to school super early and she was 2nd person to arrive few minutes after me. I usually waited for my best friend so we met by our lockers and always found something to talk about.
Now during the 4th year, time for prom came. Prom here is little bit of different that in the US, so I'll borrow this part from wikipedia:
Spoiler:
I'm one of the last people that are asked where they want to put their family and I saw empty seats by the same table as she put her family. And now the fated how we DIDN'T get together story begins...
Before the prom, we planned some thing together and were paired for most of the events there. And so we danced, drank and had great time together. Fastforward to 3 AM when the prom was ending and we are standing in front of the building, waiting for her dad to pick her up. I'm about to kiss her, when the doors to the building swung open. My drunk best friend is standing there, happily shouting to me that he was looking for me everywhere. Before I could react, my gf's dad's car arrived and she disappeared. And that the story how we DIDN'T get together.
But wait, there is a sequel. For the next 2 weeks, we continued to talk by the lockers and I was slowly building the courage to ask her out. After 2 weeks, our class was asked to organized Saint Nicholas celebration for the school. And I was the one to play St. Nicholas. So at the end of the celebration - when I could barely talk - I asked her out and she agreed.
So we went on the date (that I was late to) and are together ever since.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Hmmm let's see...

We started speaking on PC for a long time now, and overtime speaking with her, I felt this.. connection. Like, how you feel if you truly believe someone is very special to you. I told my friends my feelings of her, and, when I told her I liked her, she actually felt the same way. ;v; So we eventually met up in Toronto because she had work business there, and we spent the day together. It was amazingggg.

When she was ready to get going, I told her that I wanted us to be a couple.. and she agreed! I wanted her to know that I accept her for who she is, and that I will always love and admire her deeply. She's so kind, so cute, and her smile is like the warmth of mother earth.. I'm being cheesy, I know, but it's true! And I still do love her today; every hug we do, and every time we spend together is truly the best. <33

Love ya, Sopheria/Cathy~ <33

Last edited:
Years
Oh this is a cute thread. Here's another PC-related story for you.

So, Chura and I had actually known each other to an extent for quite a while through RP stuff here, but we'd never really talked that much directly to each other outside of big group chats on Skype and Discord. But, I made an account on a site to make connections for writing stuff and to share writing and I felt like I needed a profile image that would feel more like a brand and she's one of the best artists I know so I randomly messaged her and asked her to draw me an anthropomorphic pencil and was pleasantly surprised when she actually did.

Anyway, I'd always thought she was a really cool person so I took that opportunity to talk to her more and get to know her better and we ended up really hitting it off and talking heaps. We even voice called a couple of times which was a terrible idea because neither of us are great at one-on-one calls with just voices to go by. I can't say how quickly I actually started falling for her, but I was kind of in denial about the whole situation for a few reasons - the biggest of which being I'd legitimately sworn off of relationships after some really unpleasant shit. It didn't really sink in to me just how flirty our conversations were getting at times or that she liked me too.

After a while it was getting to the point where it was really hard to keep convincing myself I didn't want a relationship when surprisingly she very opaquely implied she liked me first. I'm such an awkward fuck though and was so in shock and denial that I couldn't believe what I was hearing and ended up putting her through the ringer for the next day until she admitted it outright. We talked for a bit and I told her I felt the same but we didn't actually start dating yet at that point. We each had our own misgivings to deal with but eventually I decided fuck it I wanted that relationship... but I was paranoid as all hell and tried to back out of what I was saying because we'd talked about said misgivings beforehand. Thankfully Chura decided to push me to spill it in revenge for the previous day, so I asked her to be my girlfriend and she said yes. It's been over a year now and I never stop being glad we pushed each other to be honest.

But yes... our actual getting together was an awkward two-day long process.

Years
In January of 2015, one of my best friends was visiting from out of town with his "not boyfriend". I kinda third wheeled with them that weekend, and it was hella awkward because they argued and fussed a lot at each other most of the weekend. In those awkward moments, I turned to my phone and opened Grindr.

I was casually "talking" to a few guys, but Richard just seemed kinda different. The conversation didn't immediately deviate to sexual stuff, which is nice. I remember talking to him about how awkward my weekend was going, and thinking it was nice of this stranger to pretend to care.

We met up a few weeks later for the first time (Feb 7th), and went to lunch and then back to his place to watch Moulin Rouge.

I remember being super relieved when he said he didn't mind turning subtitles on - he ALWAYS watches stuff with subtitles. Was that the minute I knew I really liked him? Yeah, I guess so. :thinking:

I convinced him to watch Parks and Recreation, and he literally binged the entire series (up to the last few episodes, which came out in Feb of 2015).

I knew I really liked him, and we vibed REALLY well. So. I made him a card to ask him out.
Spoiler:

...and the rest is history, I guess. We've been dating 3.5 years now.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Cute thread. :3

So uh, the story between me and my significant other (Nick) isn't nearly as conventional. Or romantic. I was his drug dealer! We met originally through a shared group of friends and for the first three years I sold a lot of drugs to him and played a lot of SSBM with him. To be honest, neither of us had any romantic inclinations in the beginning because we were too preoccupied with our own stuff. But, as the years went on, he moved into my house (still as a friend, along with two others), we found ourselves closer together, and wanting more and more to break the cycle of addiction. Fast-forward a short time and we end up at his house, late at night, low inhibitions, massive quantities of alcohol, and a penchant for honesty. Unfortunately the talk about making us official was interrupted by him projectile vomiting on his mother's carpet and me sobbing in the bathroom, only to be chased out by said mother and talked to about Jesus, lol.

Not long after, we finally had a real conversation. At this point it was already understood between us that we had feelings for one another, but I still had to pry to get him to say it, the cutie. And he did! From June 15th forward we've been together as boyfriend and girlfriend.

Then, on Valentines day of this year, we moved on to the next stage of our relationship!
Spoiler:

Eight years together and still going! xoxo

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I am procrastinating S O here we go!

Many many years ago... I was an administrator on PC's battle server. People like Castform loved me because I was awesome. Then on the other hand people hated me because I banned 'em. One user in particular was banned by me or muted... or something. Either way I did SOMETHING to them... and so they went to every server. Complaining about the staff of other servers to the staff of other servers. If that makes sense.

This user just happened to complain to one of the drivers on Smogon's server, Frizy. He was complaining about the female admin of PC's server. Frizy was quite curious about the female admin and therefore wanted to troll a little. LITTLE DID HE KNOW that when he came on I knew he was a driver of the main server. ~skylight was very power hungry at the time and wanted to befriend Frizy because omg power and influence.

So... on the first day he stayed for a bit and trolled, pretending to be into me etc. He said he'd be back. Next day... nope. Didn't come back. I was a massive wuss scared of messaging people of power at the time so I got up the courage and messaged him on Smogon's server asking where he was. He assured me he was busy with homework andddd then came day three.

Day three we ended up messaging for six hours. Ever since then he was one of my closest friends. This was in 2012.

Fast forward a few bad relationships etc... and he seemed to take a particular dislike to them. He seemed to get annoyed whenever I talked about them & thought they were bad for me and I was only gonna get upset.

Fast forward January 2014. I've defo had feelings for him for a while at this point but I was kinda into someone else ... and was at a crappy/desperate point in life? But yeah. So anyway one night he got really like pissed off and then got off for a few hours. I was really really confused because I was like what did I do?? And then he got back on and told me he had feelings for me & that nothing could happen cuz he had to finish his studies etc. We're close af in the following two weeks, and less than 2 weeks later - February 4th, he tells me that oh I was just thinking in class how great it was that I had a great girlfriend... and then I'm like "girlfriend?" then he was like "ok sure, it'll be fine we'll work it out" and he asked if he could become my boyfriend officially.

We met in person December of that year. I got to see his nieces birthday party, meet his family... like... unlike anything else I was so emotional as I was about to fly away. Like so emotional I threw up once I arrived in the other place I was staying (because I made it into a massive ass trip). It was SO hard. But at the airport he told me that I should move in within the next few months. His parents were fine with it and I was like omg yessssss. He visited again in February... and then we only had to wait until April. My birthday. That was the day I was set to move.

So... I did it. I moved to his state. It was the best thing I've ever done. Opened me up so many ways socially, opened myself to exciting new experiences - it's been truly incredible. I've been with him for over 4.5 years now and living with him for over three years. It's been crazy and we've had our fights and our personalities are literally OPPOSITE but yet... we mesh well. We have the same values in life & share interests/passions. We make it work. We have since gotten two birds together. We call them our kids because we don't plan to have our own.

I honestly couldn't imagine life without him now. He really is my best friend.

Also yeah. We're pretty much only together now because someone I muted decided to complain about me. That user is pretty amazing I gotta say.

Last edited:

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
yall im gonna scream. some of these stories are quite a wild ride omg. but i enjoy them all nonetheless!!

tbh i'm hoping to get engaged to my boyfriend within 2 or 3 years (cause once i finish my last semester next year i am definitely getting out of where i live and moving to wherever he is) and maybe it'd a little too soon but..i'm just really in love with him. i know he's the one and i know i want to spend the rest of my life with him.

Years
I knew I really liked him, and we vibed REALLY well. So. I made him a card to ask him out.
Spoiler:

...and the rest is history, I guess. We?ve been dating 3.5 years now.

I'm not one for these types of stories normally, because of long term singleness and jealousy! But how incredibly cute was that!?! I might have to copy this one day!

What was the reaction?

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
Korrina's not a real signifcant other but I love her enough that she feels like one (having aspergers/autism probably helps make her feel that much more real person like to me).

I've had too many honestly lovely memories with this character since getting into her early last year to count now. I hope I never forget how beautiful she has been for me, even if my crush on her does end up short lived <3 (though i somehow think it could very well last like 4 or 5 years for all i know)

I really am an otaku like my counsoler says I am aren't I haha. (please no dramatic comments AT ALL on that. thank you)

Some people may not think a fictional character counts but oh well. I hang out with her in daydreams a lot, does that make it a little more realistic for your standards? :P

EDIT: Though, I must say; aspie or not, I seem like the minority that will be content with a cartoon lover....(maybe my superficial standards about being just surrounded by beauty helps, in some way? and korrina is sooooo beautiful looking.....srsly o_o; )

Last edited:
Years
I'm not one for these types of stories normally, because of long term singleness and jealousy! But how incredibly cute was that!?! I might have to copy this one day!

What was the reaction?
He laughed and said yes! I hid the card in my car and made him hunt for it.

That?s pretty much it. He loved it so much.

And, then, because I got him into Game of Thrones, he recreated the dragon eggs from the first season and gave them to me.
Spoiler:

They?re hand painted thumb tacks/etc. It took him a few weeks haha.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
man, 'pc is match.com' is right, we got crazy high success rates here
I love all the stories here, but I don't know why this makes me especially happy - I think it's because I know how sweet both of you are, so you just seem so right for one another. I don't really see her around anymore, but say hi to Sopheria for me!
And, then, because I got him into Game of Thrones, he recreated the dragon eggs from the first season and gave them to me.
Spoiler:

They?re hand painted thumb tacks/etc. It took him a few weeks haha.
THOSE EGGS ARE AMAZING

Back