• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Time Capsules

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
Years
  • To be opened January 1st 2016

To myself
    So your still here, what is your goal to do, what haven't you done already. Will you even be here to read this. Will you remember what you used to be here. Will you remember what people you were friends with?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Dear Megan in 2016,

You are a hardworking individual. Look at what you've done so far. You moved to Houston all by yourself, you proved to your family that you can do things on your own, you even traveled to places you didn't expect to go to…such as Kansas City. How many lessons you learned so far in life? As of this letter, you learned a ton. From maintaining a relationship that wasn't worth maintaining, to surviving rain-dumping storms, to taking control of your anxiety. There's still a lot to learn as an individual. Hopefully when you open this letter, you will become more mature, and with a lot to live for.

I also hope that you will be graduating from your studies once this letter is opened. Your family will be proud of how far you've come. So will your friends as well. I can't say the fact if you're still going to be with Roy until then. Hopefully still! Because he is a wonderful guy and you cannot afford to lose him. If anything happens, don't take the heartbreak too hard, like you did with Caycee. You are strong, and will always be. :)

If you're still a staff member on PokeCommunity, GOOD FOR YOU. You wasted yet another year on this site…and that's not a bad thing, really! That just goes to show that you are still very, very dedicated to things you love dearly. Keep taking care of FC&G, or any other section you may have gotten modded at.

Hope you find this letter great. I wrote this while I was watching Full House and laying upside down on my couch. Forgive me if there are any errors. Haha.

Sincerely with love,

Megan in 2015

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Don't lose your drive. Ever. Not even if your dreams shatter. If you can find your place in this community proper by the time you unearth this post you will have done well. If not, well worry not; keep trying, each generation only improves upon the last. This is your home, never forget that. If you have left; you should return promptly. If you are still active, all the better. Don't stop once you're in the door. Move up and make your value known. Prove them all wrong if you have to. Or don't. Whatever you must do.

This covers more than just PC too. It covers life. Don't give up on your true self, don't let your would be self fade or let that cross be drawn upon your heart. Believe you can be the person you want to be! Happy Birthday to you Melody, from the past to the future. If things are better off for you, strive to keep them that way. If things are worse off, strive to improve them for yourself. Don't let what others make of you affect how you see yourself. Love yourself. Wear your Pink Lipstick Proudly. Be Girly if you want to. You are Melody Concerto.

Bobsomeness

Pure Bobsomeness
    Years
  • Dear self,
    Do not forget to work on your ROM hack! Like right now. No. Don't stare at me. I mean like right now.
    From self

Outlier

Dear future me. If you're still as pathetic and useless one year from now as you are on this day. Kill yourself!

There, that oughta motivate me. ; )

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Hey, don't let whatever it is that's weighing on you get you down. Keep your chin up. It will get better. <3

TravelerTrainer15

Kurukurusukurusu kuru suuuuuuuuu! Kuuuu rusususu rusu kurusu! (Aaaaagh, I don't know HOW this happened, but life pulled a PMD and I'm a Kurusu. You know what that is, don't you? Don't eat that crispy chicken burger, no matter how tempting it is. Just. Don't.)

Sincerely,
    NumberOnett from September.

Blurryface

Cheer up, baby.
    Years
  • Dearest Ryder,

How did things go with him? Did we ever get an answer from that long message we sent him? If so, was his response good or bad? If good, then great! I hope everything's going super awesome~ c: If bad, then just forget about it. It's not the end of the world! Anyways, always remember; friends are more important. Always stay close to the trio and never let them go, they just might be the greatest friends we'll ever make.

With love,
    Steph.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Heyo Ketsu (do you still use that name?)!

Did you make it? I have so many question to ask you. Are you in Japan, doing what you love? Did you find a way to make it through? Was it worth it? Are you sitting in front of the that fancy gaming PC you've always wanted? Are you playing the games you couldn't wait to start? Did you finally meet someone who could look past the things you couldn't about yourself?

I want you take a moment and look back. Think of the guy that sat in front of the crappy laptop typing this out. Think of how you had to check system requirements on games that came out half a decade ago. Think of how you could never fit in and how everyone was better at the things you thought you were good at.

Argh, there's so much more I want to tell you and so many more questions to ask. I guess I'll have to deal with it in two years :P

So, tell me, did you make it?

Years
  • Okay Gold. Let's set things straight. If you're reading this and still stuck in the job you don't really like, stop reading and get the hell out of there.

Now, if you have moved on with your life, passed the board exam, on a stable good company and making loads of cash right now... well.. congrats! :) keep it up!

Also, please don't be too hard on yourself. Stay cool!

Years
  • Heyo Chris!!

Well this year has been a great year ! You enjoyed yourself to the full most extent with anime and games ! Well yeah you sucked in exams for sure xD! not to mention, you joined in many debating competitions in your school, you even won the 3rd prize in it ! Congratulation ! Not to mention you joined in the spoken English project conducted by the secondary education board of Assam ! And you got your name enlisted in it !

You made a pretty good job in improving your English! Congrats! In the beginning of the year, you had a little knowledge about the vocabulary that is hidden within these bush of the language of English, But you've enhanced yourself pretty much ! Now you have some good grammar (Including Punctuation, Narration, Voice, Determiners, Make sentence and stuff you know). But still you make some grammatical mistakes, well don't worry you're 13.. Pause// you're not 13 now are you ? You're freaking 14 BROTHER ! Wooho!

You made yourself pretty much of a die hard fan of One Direction ya know, I do not know whether its ephemeral or long lasting, but best of luck with your inspiration! You made your own band and you're going to perform soon (Only if the plan goes as you wished, that is)

Now now, it's time for you to chuck the gloominess surrounding your aura, and book a rendezvous with the one you love ! Even though, she may still not be yours but I hope she is, that doesn't mean you can take her away from Amit, That'll be breaking your own ethics mate!

Your elder brother advised you not to transgress one's limits and make a debacle of their life by breaking the ethics. You have to succeed my friend. "Success is derived from the act of transgressing your limits" you said ! Chris Makise said this damnit!

Please, do your best ! Have good marks in exams, DO good in music ! Do good in your love life ( Don't act all boogie now ! WIN THE HEART OF AMY!!)

And yes, never forget. You have a mother who needs you ! You should accompany her no matter what obstacle hits you in your road, never be a hindrance to others, and don't get buried into love thing way too much, Don't bow upon you enemies ! and without a second doubt, keep on loving your loved on
    es !

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Well hello there Oddy mah boy. Its been awhile since we last had a chat hasn't it? Your probably a completely different person now, and that's alright. I look forward to seeing the man i'm going to become. As long as i'm not gray. I mean, I shouldn't be gray, but this is technically time traveling. The long way around. Will you still understand my references? You'll probably have some of your own now. I can't wait to here about them. Anyway, this is just a friendly nod saying, Happy birthday Oddy Boy, don't forget me.

-To be opened March 3rd 2016-

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Wow, what a neato idea. Super cool that you mods are willing to do the grunt work to make this happen!

January 11th, 2017

Dear me in the future,

Proud of you for making it this far. A little disappointed if nothing has changed too much. What's been up lately is: thinking of working out after Big Brother season starts again, even though you know you should be starting RIGHT NOW!; moving out of the apartment and back home with the parents; driving school is just about to start; anxiety is still a big issue and you're dodging getting help for that; need more hobbies cause comp TF2 has been wound down for a little while.

What's up now? Hopefully by now, you will have some savings. Hopefully you will have been working fairly consistently throughout the summer after Big Brother ends. Hopefully socially you feel much more comfortable. Lately I've been thinking the only way to get a girl is by doing activities out in the world. Join clubs, or enrol in a class. Hopefully that's something you are or have been working towards.

I never want to make these too outrageous for fear of making myself feel totally awful. Above all, I hope you're doing good. Here in this portion of 2016, things have been on an upswing. You remember. Also, David Bowie died today. Space Oddity is still really the only song I like. Oh, and I'm excited to see The Hateful Eight tomorrow.

Keep it up and take care,

Past marz

January 11th, 2016

TEXg715

TEXg
    Years
  • Ok then... What about a year? That sounds about right.

Hello me from 2017, I hoppe you're still being responsible and that it isn't just a new year's resolution I'll abandon by the end of the month. Oh, and I wrote hope with 2 "p"s. Please, LEARN HOW TO CORRECTLY WRITE ON A KEYBOARD, because it's driving me insane or better yet, tell me how you already know. Anyway, if you haven't yet, complete the pokedex, learn coding and stick to the drawabox course already. If you know how to do these things, then CONGRATULATIONS!!! You spent 2016 without being the human equivalent to a Slakoth.

Oh, and for your own sake: stop being so bossy... yeah, I doubt that'll change in a year, but here's to hoping.

And the most important thing, in case you've forgotten:

SOMEONE SOMEDAY WILL SAY. UNTIL THEM, SHUT UP AND KEEP MOVING.

Welp, I'll be ya' in a year.

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years
  • So, Jason. Happy New Year?
    By now, your probably gonna move again back to America, and you might be both disappointed and excited. You're fifteen? I really thought you'd never get this far. In about six months you'll be sixteen, you say?! Wow. You should be speaking German pretty well by now, and you won't have to be using a translation software everywhere you go. You better still be playing that cello and not letting it catch dust. If you haven't gone to London yet, schedule the trip. Finish all the books in your shelf. Become a Pokken Tournament Master. Marry a squid. Find your 3DS case. Master those song that've been bothering you. Do all of the other things that I forgot to mention. So Jason, my boy, I leave you with this...

Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus​

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • Talon, today, May 16th, 2016, is the day you and Alison fought for possibly the last time.
    She wants to be friends, you want more. If you stick around it hurts because you're jealous. If you go it hurts because she's gone.
    What you decide later tonight or whenever you decide will be monumental to you at this time. What you're going to end up choosing, I don't know.

Look back on this in one year and see how what you decided and see how it effected you.
    I have no idea when this storm will pass or how it will pass or how much you'll have to pay in repairs due to however much damage will be done, but, look back in one year and see how it went.

Date to open: May 16th, 2017.

Etherion

Hey Gio from 2016. You just graduated junior high, congratulations and your well on your way to a new life in a big city, in a few months, your gonna be be moving and living an independent life. This can be a big shift, but it can be worth-it. You made good friends ^_^ Brohood? Yeah, you should keep in touch with those guys. They're great. ''

Umm, so, here's the serious part. Just this year, you confessed a secret to your friends, a secret that you promised yourself to tell your family first before anyone else, but you did it anyways. I'm not gonna scold you for this because doing this lifted something big of your chest. Which is good. To be honest, you DONT want to be this person, but the more you think about it, I dunno what will happen.

Please take care :) Bye!
    Happy Birthday 18th birthday.

#yanderesimulator
    #mafiauniverse
    #RRINDAY
    #Etherion

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • Hey there, Nish of the future.. Wanna know what i'm doing right now? Started Pokemon Y. One important messege: I truly hope you've got a Nintendo NX for yourself. If not, do that right now. You have a girlfriend? I hope not, coz spending time with them is crap. Spend time on other jobs that may prove to be important for life, like plan for your team in the next Pokemon game u'r gonna play:-P (lol). LOL(Lots Of Love), Nish of ../06/2016. I don't remember the date, probably 6th or 7th.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    completely forgot this thread existed until someone messaged me today
    you guys might as well have a read as i've restored 15 posts

Back