• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Are you a slow watcher?

Years
I realized lately that I've become more of a slow anime watcher - gone are the days where I'd be able to binge something in just a few days. Nowadays I'll watch a few eps, forget about the series for months or potentially a year+, and then return to it later.

What kind of watcher are you? Can you watch an entire series relatively quickly, or will you take your time (and/or get distracted by other things)?

Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Dec 24, 2023
I can't watch weekly since I forget a lot of stuff, so I mostly binge. As for how fast, I could finish a 12 episode series in a day. But those were a few years back, and as of right now, the last anime I have watched and finished was back in November of last year.

pkmin3033

I only watch more than one episode at a time if I'm watching with my partner, otherwise as a general rule I watch one episode a day, in the morning whilst I'm having breakfast, before work. Anime has kinda replaced the early morning cartoons/Power Rangers that I used to watch before school. xD

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I am not. I don't binge watch, but I abide by a "schedule" and watch 3 episodes of a 12 episode anime over the course of four days, and 5 episodes of a 25+ anime. And keep up with weeklies.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I can absolutely be a binge watcher (I think I went through 30+ episodes of HxH in a day...) but it also took me 3 years to finish the series so I suppose not also. I can speed through shows if I have the free time and am interested in them but I can also be super painfully slow and watch an episode here and there where it'll take me months or years to watch something. :D

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I'm a binge watcher. I still slow watch currently airing stuff as it comes out, but if there's a day where there's nothing im really interested in airing then I'll watch 6 or 7 episodes of something on my backlog. Like gimmepie, I want to consume all the media. Can't afford not to binge through things lol

Years
I am a slow watcher because if I try to binge any form of media, I lose interest in it fast as it feels forced to me. I also have the need to watch something else sometimes and I don't like to watch the same thing all the time.

Izanagee2005

Me. I. Yours truly.
Years
Yes I am a very slow watcher lol. Sometimes I watch only 1 episode in a day. And sometimes I don't watch any anime for like a week or a month (like right now)

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
Years
YES DEFINITELY. I've never been one to binge TV shows and anime is no exception. I've hardly watched anything in the past few months. I'm still in the middle of the Chimera Ant arc in HxH that I've been watching since January of this year. (I'm still mad that I got spoiled something about that arc...)

Years
  • Age 20
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 9, 2023
Definitely.

I have a whole laundry list of shows I have yet to finish despite having started them a while ago (My Hero Academia, Dagashi Kashi, the original Dragon Ball, etc.). The only anime I've actually finished are Your Lie in April, D-Frag, Toradora, and Chio's School Road. The Devil is a Part-Timer was also on that list, but it got a second season last month. I started a rewatch of the whole series today, though.

For that matter, this rule applies to Western cartoons as well. I've yet to finish the first season of Amphibia and there's still half a season's worth of The Owl House episodes I need to watch.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
If I have the time I will binge watch an anime if I am really into it. However, that rarely happens. Typically I watch three episodes at the most then will come back to it in a week or a few weeks later. Or if it's an anime that is still airing, then I will try to catch up then wait until the season is finished and then binge the season once it's finished. I definitely don't watch as much anime as I used to, but still enjoy watching time to time.

Years
It varies, though generally I'd say I'm not a slow watcher. I've watched about 23 episodes of Hunter x hunter in about 24 hours. If I'm really fixated upon a particular anime, I can breeze through it. Though sometimes I enjoy taking my time, and of course, the pace that I watch something is entirely dependent on my schedule and how much free time I have.

Years
I am not a slow watcher at all. I am actually watching Naruto and I generally watch around 5 episodes everyday, but consider I am extremely busy in these days.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Depends on the anime and how many episodes there are. Since most of my anime is only on Hulu and other things like that and I have no desire to pay for Crunchyrole after it was free for year, I've become a slow watcher.

When I was rewatching all of Naruto, I was watching anywhere between 5 to 12 episodes a day. Fairy Tail I was doing the same thing. But since Fairy Tail, I haven't found another anime where I watch more than 3 episodes a night. Sometimes when I rewatch SAO or Food Wars I will watch 3 to 5 a day.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Years
I used to be a binge watcher. In middle school I binged Death Note and Erased in a few days each. Now I only watch one episode of an anime a day unless it's something that blows me away like Ergo Proxy. To work around this I tend to watch single episodes of several different anime at a time so I can keep my watching up.

Back